Free Bag of Laundry

Spree75

My partner and I crossed the silver threshold on our last cruise in the Baltic and on our upcoming Adriatic cruise we have a choice of perks. The only two that are of interest are the two hours of internet and the free bag of laundry. Considering my partner's company is paying for his internet so that he can stay in touch we are both going for the laundry.

I love the thought of packing less but I was wondering for those that have used the service what the rules around it are? Can both colors and whites be tossed into the same bag? How much can you realistically stuff into one? When will you get the clothes back?

We're going to be on vacation for 15 days so I'm trying to decide how many pairs of socks, undergarments, and polos I'll need. I was thinking of packing 10 days worth but thought I'd check to see what others have done.

Thanks in advance.

Both colours and whites. They do a great job. You can leave instructions if any garment requires special treatment. You can fit a surprising amount in the bag (fold neatly). We both tick the free laundry and do two loads. Even at $50 a go it is great value.

We have managed several pairs of socks, a couple of pairs of trousers, four or five long sleeved shirts and a four or five t-shirts/polo shirts, some blouses, pyjamas and assorted knickers. Everything is pressed, on hangars or folded when returned. Usually get it back by the next evening if you leave the bag out in the morning.

Just throw it all in. You will be surprised how - with a bit of folding and brute force - you can get in those bags.

Leave Seabourn to sort it all out. It all comes back (mid to late afternoon the day after you have left it out), beautifully pressed and presented.

It is a great perk.

Yes, can attest to the fact that they do a great job and everything comes back neatly folded in tissue in a wicker basket or ironed and on hangers. No concern about mixed colors bleeding or other poor treatment of the garments.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't fold. Roll tightly and you'll increase the capacity of the bag by a considerable amount (and who cares if it's wrinkled on the way to the laundry? I got a full week's laundry (essentially 7 of everything except trousers) in a bag that way and even had room for a few items of SWMBO's.

For a two week cruise, you get a free bag each week.

So, for a 28 day cruise would we get four bags, one each week?

Hmmm, might have to give up my 'Signature Massage' for that, if it was only one bag for the whole cruise I'd have skipped it, but that sounds much better.

I've used the ships dry cleaning/laundry service for many yrs. and have always felt it was worth every penny! Very reasonably priced and always such a perfect job :p David, laundry master, when I was aboard the Pride, would bring my clothing ~ dry cleaning very neatly hung and laundry in the basket wrapped in tissue. I'll enjoy the nice Seabourn perk now.....

Happy Sailing

MB

I understood that it is one free bag for SILVER level...not one each week.The subsequent levels get one bag each 7 days. Yes? No?

Yes, that is correct, just one bag per cruise, but if your partner also elects laundry, you get one bag each.

If you have any preference for how your pants are pressed I would ask, otherwise they come back with a crease down the middle.

Edited by Laylam
Afterthought.

Well, obviously I need to cruise more, just to get free laundry!

Meanwhile I will continue with my mix of DIY and laundry service. With confidence that it will be returned in fine condition - unlike on a recent non-SB cruise, with no launderette on board, following which I am now in possession of a small bag's worth of grey underwear [emoji33]

I have looked up the free bag of laundry situation for Club members.

Silver - (20 to 69 points) one bag per cruise

Gold - (70 to 139 points) one bag per 7 days

Platinum - (140 TO 249 points) one bag per 7 days

Diamond - (250 + points) free laundry and pressing

points correspond, I believe, pretty much to how many days you have spent on board.

As an earlier poster commented, if you roll items and pack carefully, you can get a considerable number into one bag. Remember a conversation over dinner with one of the officers on a recent-ish cruise. He recounted that at that morning's senior staff meeting, head of Housekeeping had reported that one passenger had actually stuffed 54 items into one bag. The Hotel Director apparently was apoplectic. "HOW many?" reverberated around the ship!

Don't worry about mixing colours and different cloths. The staff separate them before laundering - not just all dumped into one machine together.

Excellent service. And who wants to spend time in a launderette/laundromat on holiday?

I just double checked and we are silver. On our last 21 night cruise, we received a free bag of laundry every 7 days. Only one of us picked laundry.

Sorry for the misinformation - I copied out what was in the printed 2014 to 2015 printed brochure. Anyway, pleased to hear that it is better than it was. And of course it is per person, so if you want 2 lots per week you can both choose it.

So confusing. If you go to SB's website under SB club and then loom under milestone awards it shows an asterisk by Gold, Platinum, and Diamond that refers to once per 7 days. There is no asterisk by Silver. Perhaps HotRoot got away with something ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

chairsin

I do not understand the dry cleaning/laundry points ~I'm in the Diamond catagory so what will be my laundry perk on a 14 day sailing.

Hope you & Sailor Boy are staying cool in Az. ~~it's sooo hot here~ humidity up after rains a month ago. :eek:

Thanks for the info,

MB

Wripro

I always wash/rinse out my "dainties" in my bathroom ~

We all know on CC of my blown up balloon trick for drying these ~

And it works!! How :confused:

Hope you're well and happy in CA and not suffering heat!

Thanks

Miss M