Platinum Laundry

NavyCruiser

Yes, they charge for pressing per item depending on what it is. About tipping, your cabin steward tips out the laundry staff so depending on their relationship may vary how fast and nice your laundry is returned.

Never heard that one before. Always got it back same day when we have it ready for steward by 9 am.

Never heard that one before. Always got it back same day when we have it ready for steward by 9 am.

I assumed that if left early in the morning, it will usually be returned that same day. Even on the Magic TA with the majority being Platinum members with unlimited laundry, they didn't have any issue returning it the same day. Some lines specify it will be returned on the next day, though.

We usually do a couple of bags per cruise. It's a nice perk especially if something gets stained so it can be cleaned sooner than later. Works well for DS's clothes too. We usually leave the bag in the morning and the clothes are back that same evening after dinner.

If you check off that option, then the laundry is returned same day. Your cabin steward tips them out to make sure that happens so their tip isn't affected. Whether you tip extra or not, your steward is ..

If you check off that option, then the laundry is returned same day. Your cabin steward tips them out to make sure that happens so their tip isn't affected. Whether you tip extra or not, your steward is ..

Strange this hasnt come out before. Think I will ask a supervisor type person to comment on this on our next cruise. If so not fair not to tip the steward extra for doing this.

Strange this hasnt come out before. Think I will ask a supervisor type person to comment on this on our next cruise. If so not fair not to tip the steward extra for doing this.

It has come up before. It is a common practice throughout service industries. Folks in direct tip positions tip out behind the scene personnel who perform some part or service that is relayed to a guest.

Platinum for a while and use laundry service often. Never thought of throwing a buck or two with bag but think it's a good idea especially if steward passes it on. I get tired of tip discussions, though. Must be my waitress job back in my salad days. I have never worked so hard and now feel like tipping is just part of the price. BTW, I agree you only want to send sturdy clothes for the service, they use hot water.

I have never thought of getting laundry done for us on board, the only time we were on a 15d. trip I used the self serve washing machines.

How big are these bags ?( how many t-shirts could they hold for example )

How much does it cost, if not platinum.

Thanks

This is one of the best "perks" for being Platinum there is. I love it.

Be sure to place a dollar or two on top of the bag when you leave them for the Steward.

Taking a photo of the clothes going in is a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Since we are taking photos...I too did not think of laundry one :)

But, we do take photos of our luggage before flying, and boarding ship (just in case) :eek:

I have never thought of getting laundry done for us on board, the only time we were on a 15d. trip I used the self serve washing machines.

How big are these bags ?( how many t-shirts could they hold for example )

How much does it cost, if not platinum.

Thanks

Bags not that big but they do have a promotion of a bagful of clothes for a set price. Dont recall the price.

Since we started rolling think we get twice as much in a bag.