Hot tub water cleanliness

NavyCruiser

Just FYI, the Dr Oz show just ran a test, and there is far more fecal matter on the serving utensils in the buffet than in a hot tub, just sayin, ;)

Just one reason why I don't eat at buffets. But please take a moment and read your statement. Just because there is more fecal matter on the utensils than in the hot tub, does that make the amount of fecal matter in the hot tub acceptable? Not to me. I prefer to eat as little fecal matter and soak in as little fecal matter as reasonably possible. But that's just me. I'm weird that way.:cool:

Just one reason why I don't eat at buffets. But please take a moment and read your statement. Just because there is more fecal matter on the utensils than in the hot tub, does that make the amount of fecal matter in the hot tub acceptable? Not to me. I prefer to eat as little fecal matter and soak in as little fecal matter as reasonably possible. But that's just me. I'm weird that way.:cool:

I with you 100 percent! Lol

Who sits around and watches if or when people go to the bathroom? I'm a nurse and my bladder is trained for 12 plus hours hopefully people won't assume I'm wearing an adult brief or urinating in the pool or hot tub as some people on this thread see to be doing! I'll be more concerned with the linen and towel your using on the cruise which are probably treated in the same manner as the pool and hot tubs rendering them safe to the cruiser!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lol shakybeef. And Krispykreme97...I know, right? My mom never lived to 100 by living in a glass bubble...and one is more apt to drive them self crazy worrieing! :) Lots of hand washing goes along way, and don't do what you don't want to do and don't watch everyone else who does.... I'm always the one to say ""DID YOU SEE THAT???) lol, while my husband's dragging me away, ha!

A couple of years ago, I could not sleep so I decided to spend the next late hour walking around the ship but outside in the open air. As I stolled to the aft deck of a fantasy ship I came upon a 20ish couple going at it in the hot tub. And I mean going at it. I was a bit embarrassed surprising them, but I did not deter their vacation fantasy. As I quickly walked by, I noticed a guy on the deck above with a video camera. What a pervert!

I told DW the next morning and we never got in the Serinity hot tub after that cruise!

When our kids were younger, we truly enjoyed the onboard swimming pools & hot tubs with them.

But now that they've grown & we don't get in as much lately.

Also, based on an incident we've observed on another land-based AI hotel hot tub, we've haven't been back into the hot in awhile.

Does anyone knows about Carnival's hot tub hygiene policy?

ie: how often do they totally drain & refill with new water?

how often the clean/shock/treat the water?

do they use clorine, bromine, ultraviolet or other disinfectant?

We love all the new hot tubs designs avail in the newer ships lately, on both Carnival & RCCL, but still hesitant about getting in from the (unreasonable?) thoughts in the back of our minds about what might be floating in the water...

Thanks,

As an owner of a pool and spa business, I would not use any public spa. I have been around them, worked on them and seen how nasty they can be.

We have our own hot tub so don't feel the need to get in one on a ship or a hotel. I look at all the people sitting in them wondering what they may have, or have had on their person before getting in. Now it's just floating around. Or the person drunk and too lazy to get out. Or the people having sex. No thanks.

Does anyone knows about Carnival's hot tub hygiene policy?

I can tell you what we saw on our last cruise.. it was about 1030pm at night and a couple were doing the wild thing.. yep.. full on grind on grind ! Not a word of a lie.. Had to cover my daughters eyes as we walked by.. lol.. Don't think I'll be going in any hottubs anytime soon..

We have been in the Hot tubes after we see them open up after they have been cleaned -

On the OASIS of the Seas we went in after midnight after it was cleaned and when no one was in them (those giant cantilever) hot tubes

And i had a few beers and I DID GET OUT AND USE THE BATHROOM :)

Bathroom was across from the Hot tube

But takes me about an hour or more to urinate after drinking BUT after the first pee I need to go alot - :p

I do most of my swimming in the beautiful waters of the Caribbean

Edited by S.Jersey Adventure

I can tell you what we saw on our last cruise.. it was about 1030pm at night and a couple were doing the wild thing.. yep.. full on grind on grind ! Not a word of a lie.. Had to cover my daughters eyes as we walked by.. lol.. Don't think I'll be going in any hottubs anytime soon..

I have heard of that but haven't seen it yet:eek:. Knock wood.

I wonder how many of the folks who are horrified by the thought of getting in a hot tub on board a ship with others always wash their hands after going to the toilet.

Doc

I would think a very high percentage . Wonder how manypeople who don't mind a little waste , urine or fecal matter treated with bromide once a day wash there hands when the leave a restroom

Me not only do I wash but I try now to touch handle lol ..I use the little squares

I would think a very high percentage . Wonder how manypeople who don't mind a little waste , urine or fecal matter treated with bromide once a day wash there hands when the leave a restroom

Me not only do I wash but I try now to touch handle lol ..I use the little squares

This exactly.

I think you have it backwards, DocF. Trust me, I'm the one in the restroom thoroughly washing my hands while others are coming out of the stall after flushing, possibly stopping to glance in the mirror and primp, and strolling on out the door. Then there are the ones who just wave their hands under the water for a second then dry, as if they are pretending to wash their hands.:rolleyes: