Alaska B2B Cruisetour question

Publius1787

My wonderful wife asked me to look into if this was feasible! We would like to start with a 7 day Northbound Voyage of the Glaciers cruise then do a 5 night Connoisseur Land Tour and then do a 7 day Southbound Voyage of the Glaciers. I understand we would have to spend a couple of extra days in Anchorage before the second cruise. Has anyone ever done this or looked into it? We have never cruised on Princess before and I haven't been able to find anything like this in my searches. Any help would be appreciated!

True, this is not a b2b cruise. You will be on one ship going north, do your land tour, and get on another ship returning south. They may or may not be sister (identical) ships. You do not need to spend additional days in Anchorage waiting for your ship to come back to "pick you up". If you book this through your travel agent or Princess, they will do all the footwork for you.

How wonderful to spend so much time in Alaska. You might want to consider a different itinerary on your way back down. In my opinion, Glacier Bay is a must do.

We have always done an immediate b2b cruise, but I would definitely do this. You will have the best time. A good travel agent can take care of all or part of the details and most will reward you for using their services.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your idea would give you a wonderfully comprehensive AND relaxing way of seeing Alaska! It's absolutely feasible. You'd book a northbound Cruisetour that would end in Anchorage. Then you would choose the next southbound cruise and take that back down. As you said, you'd need a few nights hotel in Anchorage, but there's plenty to do here. You'd cruise on different ships each direction, so you'd get some variety. Enjoy your planning!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 7 months later...
Your idea would give you a wonderfully comprehensive AND relaxing way of seeing Alaska! It's absolutely feasible. You'd book a northbound Cruisetour that would end in Anchorage. Then you would choose the next southbound cruise and take that back down. As you said, you'd need a few nights hotel in Anchorage, but there's plenty to do here. You'd cruise on different ships each direction, so you'd get some variety. Enjoy your planning!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have this booked the cruisetour North/cruise South booked for June 2016. We will work with our TA but are thinking that the short flight from Fairbanks to Anchorage and leveraging Princess hotels and transfers will be the way to go.

Edited by hokiefans