HAL pre cruise stay at the marriott beach spa resort

Has anyone stayed at this hotel Marriott Beach Spa Resort prior to taking a cruise out of ft. Lauderdale?

It is quite expensive but looks very nice as it is right on the Beach and quite close to the cruise ship terminal. It is one of HAL's pre cruise hotel stay offers.

We have stayed at Pier 66 and the other hotel that is beside Pier 66. Not sure of the name of this hotel. Just trying to make up my mind. Like to be high up in a hotel room with some sort of view. Would prefer breakfast included but not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. We are flying from Toronto and arrive early in the day one day prior to our cruise Jan 4 Niew Amsterdam.:)

Undoubtedly you can book the hotel, transfers etc, on your own for cheaper, even at the same hotel. Give it some thought.

I think the hotel you are referring to next to the Pier 66 is the Hilton.

Generally, I would agree with you but it's not the case for my November cruise. The rate I can book online is $499 per night. Hal's rate is $270 per day for the 2 days I'm staying there.

OP, I can let you know how it was if you can remember to ask me when I return from my cruise on Dec.1. That may be too late for you.

Edited by cruz chic

Generally, I would agree with you but it's not the case for my November cruise. The rate I can book online is $499 per night. Hal's rate is $270 per day for the 2 days I'm staying there.

OP, I can let you know how it was if you can remember to ask me when I return from my cruise on Dec.1. That may be too late for you.

Is that $270 per person?

The cruise line may have a large number of rooms booked, thus created a high demand low supply situation.

Its a very nice hotel and we stay there whenever we can use Marriott points to stay for free. Unfortunately, during busy cruise seasons, free points rewards are usually blacked out. :( My guess is HAL's price quote is per person, double occupancy.

Personally, I would hesitate to stay there if I had to pay the going price for the room because we usually get in sometime in the evening before our cruise and shove off the next morning, so we usually just bunk for the night at the Courtyard or Spring Hill Suites.

But, if you have some time to actually enjoy the facility, its a beautiful resort.

Edited by jaguarstyper

Yes, I will ask you when you return from your cruise how it was at the Marriott beach and Spa resort which is the hotel that HAL books for their pre cruise. My cruise is Jan 4th.

I have tentatively booked through HAL right now and I too have found it cheaper than when I book myself. It also includes shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal. I just think although maybe a bit more expensive it will be a nice hotel to begin a cruise. Sets the mood,and I love to look out to the ocean and sit on the beach.

We will keep in touch.

Edited by Baby sitter grandma
This reply is intended for Cruz chic. Not sure if I replied correctly. I am a newbie at cruise crtic

Yes, I will ask you when you return from your cruise how it was at the Marriott beach and Spa resort which is the hotel that HAL books for their pre cruise. My cruise is Jan 4th.

I have tentatively booked through HAL right now and I too have found it cheaper than when I book myself. It also includes shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal. I just think although maybe a bit more expensive it will be a nice hotel to begin a cruise. Sets the mood,and I love to look out to the ocean and sit on the beach.

We will keep in touch.

I feel the same way. I had "several" rooms booked at other hotels and none of them were cheap. I decided to book this room based on another thread that was on cruise critic a couple weeks back. I'm kinda glad that I'll get transport to the hotel because my last time I was there I thought my life was going to end in that cab ride. He was dodgy. The hotel looks pretty nice and I'm looking forward to staying there. I've never stayed on the beach before.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel Marriott Beach Spa Resort prior to taking a cruise out of ft. Lauderdale?

It is quite expensive but looks very nice as it is right on the Beach and quite close to the cruise ship terminal. It is one of HAL's pre cruise hotel stay offers.

We have stayed at Pier 66 and the other hotel that is beside Pier 66. Not sure of the name of this hotel. Just trying to make up my mind. Like to be high up in a hotel room with some sort of view. Would prefer breakfast included but not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. We are flying from Toronto and arrive early in the day one day prior to our cruise Jan 4 Niew Amsterdam.:)

I think CruiserBruce is correct the HAL rate if per person, not per room.

The hotel across the bridge from Hyatt Pier 66 is Hilton Marina.

I have enquired since my post and have a quote of $364.74. This includes a HAL rep meeting you at the airport, transfer to hotel incl gratuity , one nite stay for two guests and transfer back to cruise ship the next day. It appears to be a very nice hotel, right on the beach and all suites face the ocean. There is a very nice spa for those who wish to book spa appointments and the rates are comparable to a good spa in our area of Ontario. I believe that your luggage is taken care of as well when you are transferring to the ship which is a nice perk. I do not believe that breakfast is included. There is more than one restraunt in the hotel,and a couple nearby as well. Most likely we are going to give it a try but just want to do a bit more looking. I do know it is more expensive than some of the other hotels in the area but comparable to the ones with the amenities that this one has.

It is nice that it is right on the beach. A nice way to start

I have stayed at the Hilton Marina before and had a very bad experience. I do not want to stay there again. The rug had a urine smell, the air conditioning was not working properly and the view outside our room was a huge boat that was docked. party lasted for a good part of the evening. All other rooms were booked so changing was not possible..or so they said. I could not wait till morning to leave for the ship. We boarded very early.

Its a very nice hotel and we stay there whenever we can use Marriott points to stay for free. Unfortunately, during busy cruise seasons, free points rewards are usually blacked out. :( My guess is HAL's price quote is per person, double occupancy.

Personally, I would hesitate to stay there if I had to pay the going price for the room because we usually get in sometime in the evening before our cruise and shove off the next morning, so we usually just bunk for the night at the Courtyard or Spring Hill Suites.

But, if you have some time to actually enjoy the facility, its a beautiful resort.

I really like your quote.! It is so.....true. Anyways we were told and have a invoice to prove it that it is $364.74 for husband and myself. I will of course confirm this again before payment. We tentatively booked this quite some time ago through HAL via our TA

I have enquired since my post and have a quote of $364.74. This includes a HAL rep meeting you at the airport, transfer to hotel incl gratuity , one nite stay for two guests and transfer back to cruise ship the next day. It appears to be a very nice hotel, right on the beach and all suites face the ocean. There is a very nice spa for those who wish to book spa appointments and the rates are comparable to a good spa in our area of Ontario. I believe that your luggage is taken care of as well when you are transferring to the ship which is a nice perk. I do not believe that breakfast is included. There is more than one restraunt in the hotel,and a couple nearby as well. Most likely we are going to give it a try but just want to do a bit more looking. I do know it is more expensive than some of the other hotels in the area but comparable to the ones with the amenities that this one has.

It is nice that it is right on the beach. A nice way to start

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I have stayed at this place several times, for cruises and other personal travel. Its a very nice resort and that is less than you would probably pay if you just booked the resort on its own for the night, without the transportation, luggage handling and other amenities.

Enjoy it! YOLO, right?