Does Princess offer accessible cabins

rgmiller66

Yes they do. If you go to the Princess website choose a cruise then click 'view details'

then pick the cabin grade then press continue

click I'll choose my own

scroll down and tick 'I require a wheelchair accessible stateroom'

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Pj

My wife is handicapped and I was wondering if Princess has accessible cabins available?

Yes, but they can be hard to get. Some are booked as soon as the cruise is available for reservations.

You have to verify that there is a handicap when you do the reservation. If you go to the Princess website and "ghost" book a cabin (don't go all the way to BUY), you will see a button that asks "are you handicapped". Click it.

Also, on some ships the furthest aft mini-suites on Dolphin deck were supposed to be handicapped. The doors are wider and the bathroom is definitely a handicap bathroom, but they were never certified due to a glitch in the set-up. Depending on her problem, that could be an option.

See this thread for pix of that cabin...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727

Yes, but they can be hard to get. Some are booked as soon as the cruise is available for reservations.

You have to verify that there is a handicap when you do the reservation. If you go to the Princess website and "ghost" book a cabin (don't go all the way to BUY), you will see a button that asks "are you handicapped". Click it.

Also, on some ships the furthest aft mini-suites on Dolphin deck were supposed to be handicapped. The doors are wider and the bathroom is definitely a handicap bathroom, but they were never certified due to a glitch in the set-up. Depending on her problem, that could be an option.

See this thread for pix of that cabin...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727

We are really looking forward to our grand Asia tour, in a couple of weeks. This will be our first cruise with Princess, previously we have cruised extensively with RCI. And there Disabled cabins were excellent, hopefully Princess will be of similar standard. As a side note, we dislike the phrase ( handicapped) we appreciate this is widely used in the USA, our son who has cerebral palsy, leads a full and productive life. We have never gone begging, ( cap in hand) for anything.

Edited by Scouse cruiser

Handicapped is not a phrase indicating someone is not functional or unable to live a very productive life. I have two relatives that are handicapped in that they are either unable to walk without a cane or a walker. We consider that handicapped as they require assistance beyond the norm. It is not a derogatory comment in any way, merely a statement they need the assistance mentioned above.

Handicapped is not a phrase indicating someone is not functional or unable to live a very productive life. I have two relatives that are handicapped in that they are either unable to walk without a cane or a walker. We consider that handicapped as they require assistance beyond the norm. It is not a derogatory comment in any way, merely a statement they need the assistance mentioned above.
please read the thread carefully, the word handicapped is derived from the phrase "cap in hand" in other words looking for charity or hand outs. it's just a thing which annoys us. :o

please read the thread carefully, the word handicapped is derived from the phrase "cap in hand" in other words looking for charity or hand outs. it's just a thing which annoys us. :o

Please stick to the OP topic.

I too am handicapped. To get an accessible cabin I have to book a cruise 18 or so months in advance - and even then I'm not always successful; there just aren't that many available cabins.

Hi All

I was able to show a wheel chair user around a Princess ship he had never been on a cruise ship he was amazed that the ship was so wheelchair friendly the amount of space in the cabin the wet room pool lift etc

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

I too am handicapped. To get an accessible cabin I have to book a cruise 18 or so months in advance - and even then I'm not always successful; there just aren't that many available cabins.
Unfortunately, it's like finding a handicapped parking space. :( You have to book early.

I guess it really depends on the itinerary/dates, 'cause I've been upgraded to an accessible cabin a couple of times about a week or two before sailing. But yeah, to be sure of getting an accessible cabin, the OP should book as early as possible and definitely mark it "no upgrade".

I guess it really depends on the itinerary/dates, 'cause I've been upgraded to an accessible cabin a couple of times about a week or two before sailing. But yeah, to be sure of getting an accessible cabin, the OP should book as early as possible and definitely mark it "no upgrade".

Sometimes someone has a budget for "an inside cabin" but can't justify a balcony and the only available accessible cabins are balcony cabins or vice versa, some one who feels claustrophobic and would never sail in an inside but those are the only cabins available. Other issues is that sometimes the only handicapped cabin is in a category that has very high prices compared to the next category up or down. We have seen when BA cabins are $600 more than BB cabins and the only cabin is a BA. So those who are disabled will have to look at different weeks, etc... Though, you can book a BB and then get the BA in an upgrade. It isn't always cut and dry.