How much do pictures cost?

DH and I each get one free photo because of our D status so that's all we get anymore.

I have never, ever seen discounted photos. Gigi, who is the RCI rep that supposedly told you that? Doesn't happen.

I love how one poster will come on a thread and post something that is entirely untrue.

Edited by BND

If you think of the cost to get a family portrait done, even a cheap one at JC Penney $20 for the shot isn't bad at all - especially if you get reproduction rights to the images.

If you're cost-conscious, take a camera and shoot lots of your own photos, then pick up one or two of the ship's pictures. I've been a photographer for 30+ years. I will shoot 2000 or more pictures on our upcoming cruise, and I still intend to get a couple of the ship's pictures . . . it's a terrific way to have photos done of my DW and me together in wonderful settings.

Just trying to work out every little budget detail... I can't seem to find this information anywhere. I'm not interested in a photo package, just in probably buying one or two. Does anyone know the prices for individual pictures? Thanks!

Usually between 20-25.00 per print.

DH and I each get one free photo because of our D status so that's all we get anymore.

I have never, ever seen discounted photos. Gigi, who is the RCI rep that supposedly told you that? Doesn't happen.

I love how one poster will come on a thread and post something that is entirely untrue.

Miguel, the rep we booked with at RCI. My coworker just got back in July and she was given a deal on Saturday night. (Around 12.00 per photo.)

The last time I bought the photo package in March, it was the one where all your photos are loaded onto a disc. Upon arriving home, we discovered the disc contained a nasty virus. We notified the photo company & supplied them with a print out confirming the type of worm virus etc. I emailed them several times, but they didn't reply or denied that it would have been on the disc, as no one else had complained from that cruise. Perhaps the excited holiday makers hadn't thought to virus check before downloading? There is no phone number to contact them, so I was unable to resolve my problem.

Fortunately our local computer store was able to rescue our photos at a cost. But I will not be purchasing any more photos in the future, unless they are printed out.

Sorry to spin off with a few new questions:

1) if we have the $249 package, does that include a CD?

2) if our daughter (in our room) takes pictures with her grandparents or other family members, can we get those as part of our package?

thanks!

when you say between $20 and $25 are you referring to the 8x10s or is that the range for all photos? I am interested mainly in one formal photo and the embarkation photo.

All prints (8x10 and smaller) are between $20 and $25.

The last time I bought the photo package in March, it was the one where all your photos are loaded onto a disc. Upon arriving home, we discovered the disc contained a nasty virus. We notified the photo company & supplied them with a print out confirming the type of worm virus etc. I emailed them several times, but they didn't reply or denied that it would have been on the disc, as no one else had complained from that cruise. Perhaps the excited holiday makers hadn't thought to virus check before downloading? There is no phone number to contact them, so I was unable to resolve my problem.

Fortunately our local computer store was able to rescue our photos at a cost. But I will not be purchasing any more photos in the future, unless they are printed out.

That's insane. If the virus is on a CD or DVD it's pretty easy to prove it came from them . . . I can't believe you didn't get any response from them. If your CD was infected, I wonder how many others were also infected.

All prints (8x10 and smaller) are between $20 and $25.

We use our Diamond Status to get 2 free 8x10's . 1 at the start and 1 at the finish of our Cruise. As we are allowed to have 1 per person. We have looked at the package and then look at the ones we take and then we decide if we want any extra's.

On the Freedom of the Seas it was around $23.00 for an 8 x 10. If you wanted some of the smaller pictures they took, I believe they were around $11.00. Most all of the pictures that I remember they took on the ship were all 8 x 10's. I think the smaller ones came (I could be wrong :confused:) when we were off the ship or in a port or on an island.