Silhouette - Random questions

Hope89

1. If I order room service from MDR, are some items excluded or can I order anything from the menu?

2. If I wanted to bring food to our cabin from the buffet, do they have containers that have lids?

3. RCCL has these teas from a brand called Original First Tea. Does Celebrity have these?

4. Do they offer have an yoga class on the beach at Labadee?

Thank you!

Edited by Hope89

1. If I order room service from MDR, are some items excluded or can I order anything from the menu?

2. If I wanted to bring food to our cabin from the buffet, do they have containers that have lids?

3. RCCL has these teas from a brand called Original First Tea. Does Celebrity have these?

Thank you!

1. You can order anything from the menu, you need to ask your stateroom attendant for a menu or look at the menu posted outside the MDR and know what you want when you ring to order.

2. No they don't have containers with lids, you just have to take the food on the plate/dish.

3. Never seen that brand no

4. Sorry can't answer this one but I've never seen it mentioned.

5. The manufacturer of the celebrity branded toiletries is Gilchrist & Soames some people like it some don't it's all down to personal preference. Suites have Bulgari products.

Hope this helps, have a great cruise :)

Thank you!

The tea is called Tea Forte- it is excellent, I now buy it at home.

Never saw Yoga Classes on the beach in Labadee-but that doesn't mean it isn't available. Since Celebrity now has a contract with Canyon Ranch, perhaps the toiletries have changed. In the suites, you will get "upgraded" toiletries. If you want to bring food to your cabin, why not bring empty containers from home. Remeber the fridge in your room is just a cooler and will not keep food fresh. I also bring an empty cardboard coffee holder, that I get in Starbucks or DD with me to carry two or three coffees from cafe Al Baccio back to my cabin.

The other questions have been answered.

As others have said above, no. What I do when I want to bring some food to our cabin from the buffet is turn a large plate over and cover the plate of food with it. Not perfect, but better than carrying a plate of open food through the ship.

As others have said above, no. What I do when I want to bring some food to our cabin from the buffet is turn a large plate over and cover the plate of food with it. Not perfect, but better than carrying a plate of open food through the ship.

We do the same thing works out pretty good. The other option, is you can save a cover from a Room Service tray... I have done this too and use it to cover a plate from the buffet.

Thanks everyone!

Debbie - I am not familiar with that brand so I will be brining my own. I was hoping not o pack my own but toiletries.

Cruise a holic - I have had tea forte and like them. Thanks for the tip on coffee holders. We have the drink package so I plan to get cappuccinos etc from the cafe to drink on our balcony.

Turtles/pris93/vacationlover- I hate to carry an open plate of food so I will be using one of the methods you mentioned.

Honeybear- I tried bunch of original first tea flavours on Rccl and liked only a couple. I loved those two and wanted to buy them but they are not sold in the US. Where would I find the food covers you mentioned?

Edited by Hope89

Honeybear- I tried bunch of original first tea flavours on Rccl and liked only a couple. I loved those two and wanted to buy them but they are not sold in the US. Where would I find the food covers you mentioned?

I'm not Honeybear, and I'd never heard of those covers either, so I just did an internet search. If you go to Amazon's site and search for "elastic food covers," you'll find them. They apparently come in different sizes, and as Honeybear said, they look like shower caps! :)

Here's one example; who knew? :)

http://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Elastic-Bowl-Plate-Covers/dp/B000RCHF40/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1407672533&sr=8-4&keywords=elastic+food+covers

Honeybear, which ones have worked best for you, and can you find these in stores?

I guess I am just old school or maybe just old:eek:...ya'll bring covers

from home to put over plates of food in order to bring them up to

your cabin? And put food in Ziploc bags as well?:eek:.

What happened to just using room service?:confused:

Check your grocery store for the "shower cap" covers. We have them in Florida, so I know they must be available in the more progressive states! I even saw some at a flea market. I don't need them on a ship, but love them for home use.

Check your grocery store for the "shower cap" covers. We have them in Florida, so I know they must be available in the more progressive states! I even saw some at a flea market. I don't need them on a ship, but love them for home use.

Yes, I think Florida was where we found them. LOL, Lois. I got them for our Florida condo stay, but have not taken them on a cruise. However, after this thread, I may. ;) Great ideas here.

One thing (and I don't think this was stipulated but I may have missed it in the replies): Room Service off the MDR menu is ONLY for dinner. For bkfst there is a breakfast room-service menu which isn't as complete as bkfst in the MDR, and for lunch, the rest of the room service menu (fairly extensive) is available, but not the same as the MDR.

Also if you're in anything other than a suite, if you order dinner off the MDR menu, it will all come at once. Only suites get served in courses.