Signature Preferred Boarding Pass

lynn2002

Hi

Sorry if this is a daft question.

This is our first time with HAL. Where is the signature preferred boarding pass? When I printed the documents on the first page there is a box with guest details but cannot see where I am supposed to sign. Is the signature preferred boarding pass a different document?

The Signature Preferred Boarding Pass is simply the name of all boarding passes with HAL. It is the first page of your express documents. The "Signature" simply refers to your name, which HAL has already written/printed on the boarding pass. You do not need to sign this document at all.

You can find more information about it at this link on HAL's website: http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/OnlineCheckIn.action.

Wishing you a most enjoyable cruise.

Edited by cbr663

The Signature Preferred Boarding Pass is simply the name of all boarding passes with HAL. It is the first page of your express documents. The "Signature" simply refers to your name, which HAL has already written/printed on the boarding pass. You do not need to sign this document at all.

You can find more information about it at this link on HAL's website: http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/OnlineCheckIn.action.

Wishing you a most enjoyable cruise.

Is printing just the Boarding Pass sufficient or do you have to print the full e doc. I can't see anything relevant in the rest of it?

Is printing just the Boarding Pass sufficient or do you have to print the full e doc. I can't see anything relevant in the rest of it?

All you need to do is print the Boarding Pass & not the rest of the document.. But you might want to read the document, if you have never read one before..

HAL started to use the word "Signature" a number of years ago when they started their Signature of Excellence program. And now use "Signature" just about everywhere. The Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam belong to the "Signature" class ships.

Agree. The word is actually nothing to do with your signature.:)

Actually it has been my experience that the only reason you need the boarding pass might be to access the terminal, that is the only time I have been asked to show it and once you get to the check in counter they don't really even look at it except to see your name.

Actually it has been my experience that the only reason you need the boarding pass might be to access the terminal, that is the only time I have been asked to show it and once you get to the check in counter they don't really even look at it except to see your name.
We have been asked for the boarding pass twice at the main gate of Port Everglades, once to get into a terminal there, and once at a check-in counter. More important than your name at the counter is your booking number.

All you need to do is print the Boarding Pass & not the rest of the document.. But you might want to read the document, if you have never read one before..

Thank you for your response. I have printed just one of the e docs and read it :)