2015-2016 Cruise Atlas available on HAL web site

RetiredMustang

Here's the new Cruise Atlas in PDF form for those of you who can't access it on the US HAL site.

Apologies for having the extra link out to Evernote, but my Tapatalk client updated this morning and the attach file functionality is broken. (Hooray for technology!)

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/a23916cd-cac7-456c-8373-3fdd54f8db29/74b4cec9784f26a1fc3fcbe04c8152e4

Here's the new Cruise Atlas in PDF form for those of you who can't access it on the US HAL site.

Apologies for having the extra link out to Evernote, but my Tapatalk client updated this morning and the attach file functionality is broken. (Hooray for technology!)

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/a23916cd-cac7-456c-8373-3fdd54f8db29/74b4cec9784f26a1fc3fcbe04c8152e4

That's great - thanks. Much easier to read and navigate through. :)

I think the ship is not mentioned because it should be a "surprise" - nearly no information about the ship is given so far.

In the 2014-15 brochure of RCI, Anthem otS also was not listed (and NCL getaway not in the 2013-14 brochure) - so I think the Pinnacle ship will be in the new 2016 brochure. :)

But it seems to be very likely that she sails Europe - in the last years, every new HAL ship spent it's maiden season in Europe...

Noordam was Christened in NYC February, 2006 and spent her Inaugural season in the Caribbean.

Of course, what will determine where the new Pinnacle ship will begin taking guests will depend upon when she is delivered to HAL. If winter, she'll probably sail warm waters. If summer, she'll likely sail Europe.

Edited by sail7seas

Noordam was Christened in NYC February, 2006 and spent her Inaugural season in the Caribbean.

Of course, what will determine where the new Pinnacle ship will begin taking guests will depend upon when she is delivered to HAL. If winter, she'll probably sail warm waters. If summer, she'll likely sail Europe.

You might be right. if the ship will be delivered in February, she could be transferred to the Caribbean and return to Europe in April or May.

But maybe, if she will be delivered in March, she might stay in Europe - usually, HAL begins to transfer the ships from USA to Europe around March or April. :)

You might be right. if the ship will be delivered in February, she could be transferred to the Caribbean and return to Europe in April or May.

But maybe, if she will be delivered in March, she might stay in Europe - usually, HAL begins to transfer the ships from USA to Europe around March or April. :)

Say it's February as all announcements to date have mentioned... Unless they make that crossing one with guests onboard, and with Noordam they did not, then that's A LOT of fuel just to get it over to the Caribbean for not even a full season. If that ends up being the case, expect that to be a revenue cruise.

Say it's February as all announcements to date have mentioned... Unless they make that crossing one with guests onboard, and with Noordam they did not, then that's A LOT of fuel just to get it over to the Caribbean for not even a full season. If that ends up being the case, expect that to be a revenue cruise.

If that be the case, she likely would be christened in Europe. I think it doubtful she would take paying guests for the transatlantic or any paid cruise before the ship was christened and the bell blessed.

It's possible they could leave the ship in Europe even if it is February she joins the fleet. I don't know if Maasdam is still doing this but I recall a few years ago, she boarded guests in FLL end of October and did a transatlantic and sailed Europe for about 30 or so days. My memory is that was a successful cruise in that they had great weather.

One could 'guess', what with the unrest through so many areas, perhaps HAL is not ready to commit what they will do with her at this time.

If that be the case, she likely would be christened in Europe. I think it doubtful she would take paying guests for the transatlantic or any paid cruise before the ship was christened and the bell blessed.

Agreed, but that HAS been the trend lately with Norwegian (not as relevant to HAL) and Carnival and Princess (more relevant as same parent corp but independently run) who is planning to SOON have their naming/godparent ceremony for Regal Princess with the cast of Love Boat (for Carnival Breeze and Sunshine were both done after the Europe season upon arrival in the US.)

Agreed, but that HAS been the trend lately with Norwegian (not as relevant to HAL) and Carnival and Princess (more relevant as same parent corp but independently run) who is planning to SOON have their naming/godparent ceremony for Regal Princess with the cast of Love Boat (for Carnival Breeze and Sunshine were both done after the Europe season upon arrival in the US.)

Eurodam was christened in Netherlands. ;) And took paying guests after that.

Edited by sail7seas

We will see what happens - but I can hardly imagine that the new HAL liner will be sailing the Caribbean year-round...

I could imagine she does the Baltic/Norway sailings from Copenhagen (which Eurodam currently does) or some new Med itineraries excluding Venice - with a GT of 99000, the new Pinnacle ship would be too large for Venice.

I am wondering that nearly no information is available about the ship... :confused:

HAL does not sail Caribbean for about 6 months of the year.

Unless they make drastic changes due to world events or whatever, it is highly unlikely the Pinnacle ship will sail Caribbean all year.

Too bad, I love summer in the Caribbean and we used to sail HAL's newest ship summer after summer as the "S" and "R" ships joined the fleet, they used to spend their first summer in Caribbean and we sailed most of them as new ships. :) Then HAL pulled out of Caribbean sailings from mid April to approximately mid October.

You know, all of us have assumed that the newbuild, if it is indeed built as a HAL ship, will make an early in her career arrival in North America.

The growth market for the cruise industry is in the Pacific region: Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan. Royal Caribbean has so recognized this that she is pulling her new Quantum of the Seas out of Port Liberty (from where she had been originally slated to sail year round) after several months of service and positioning her in China. From what I read on the Message Boards from the good people who live Down Under, many are growing tired of receiving second-hand tonnage. Given the lack of information about the newbuild in this new Atlas makes me wonder: will the newbuild be sent Down Under and not to North America or kept in Europe?

Well I know one thing for sure, the new build will not be coming to the West Coast........:D:eek::rolleyes:

Unless HAL does decide to station her Down Under/Asia and provide a very unique and potentially attractive itinerary in order to get her there.

You know, all of us have assumed that the newbuild, if it is indeed built as a HAL ship, will make an early in her career arrival in North America.

The growth market for the cruise industry is in the Pacific region: Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan. Royal Caribbean has so recognized this that she is pulling her new Quantum of the Seas out of Port Liberty (from where she had been originally slated to sail year round) after several months of service and positioning her in China. From what I read on the Message Boards from the good people who live Down Under, many are growing tired of receiving second-hand tonnage. Given the lack of information about the newbuild in this new Atlas makes me wonder: will the newbuild be sent Down Under and not to North America or kept in Europe?

Very good point.

HAL certainly is keeping us guessing. :)

So is HAL not going to have Caribbean sailings in Oct-Nov of 2015? I noticed that they recently updated to reflect December 2015 sailings. I am hoping that they just haven't released Oct-Nov. yet.

Thanks,

David

I "think" the December cruises they have loaded are likely holiday ones. They don't seem too interested in loading the ones for Oct and November but there are cruises according to the planner.

Eurodam was christened in Netherlands. ;) And took paying guests after that.

Correct. And also stayed and did a Northern Europe season before coming across. We were discussing ships that get built and cross immediately, and then that the trend lately (Eurodam and 2008 are not current events) has been have a season but then come across and have the festivities here.

Not expecting HAL would break tradition in this aspect, but especially as EUDM and NADM godmothers were Dutch Royalty, it would have made absolutely no sense to have the festivities in the US (and I'm fully aware of air travel, but I'm sure it's not "proper" to tell any royalty "You'll be the godmother? Fantastic. Well we're not coming to you so... here's where and when you'll need to be")

Correct. And also stayed and did a Northern Europe season before coming across. We were discussing ships that get built and cross immediately, and then that the trend lately (Eurodam and 2008 are not current events) has been have a season but then come across and have the festivities here.

Not expecting HAL would break tradition in this aspect, but especially as EUDM and NADM godmothers were Dutch Royalty, it would have made absolutely no sense to have the festivities in the US (and I'm fully aware of air travel, but I'm sure it's not "proper" to tell any royalty "You'll be the godmother? Fantastic. Well we're not coming to you so... here's where and when you'll need to be")

It's fun being a hobby. :)

Consistency is fabulous.

I did notice the flow of the conversation. Seeing Eurodam is HAL's second newest ship, in HAL chronology that is hardly old history for HAL. Who cares what Princess did or does? Perhaps you made a bigger statement about this subject than you realize when you call HAL's second newest ship is 'not current event'. And, perhaps, it is some commentary about the direction HAL often has followed in 'recent history' as compared to Princess? Interesting you'd mention what Princess does.

I do hope that Dutch Royalty will once again be so gracious to be godmother to HAL newest ship? They are such a beautiful family.

Edited by sail7seas

It's fun being a hobby. :)

Consistency is fabulous.

I did notice the flow of the conversation. Seeing Eurodam is HAL's second newest ship, in HAL chronology that is hardly old history for HAL. Who cares what Princess did or does? Perhaps you made a bigger statement about this subject than you realize when you call HAL's second newest ship is 'not current event'. And, perhaps, it is some commentary about the direction HAL often has followed in 'recent history' as compared to Princess? Interesting you'd mention what Princess does.

I do hope that Dutch Royalty will once again be so gracious to be godmother to HAL newest ship? They are such a beautiful family.

Lest you forget that Princess now folds under Stein Kruse as part of "Holland America Group" - and what is being done with Regal, and Regal's launch and inaugural season do as well. And mentioning what Princess and Carnival have done recently perhaps shows a bit more of a trend with Carnival Corp as a whole. Also, perhaps not... but I'll call a trend where I see it and it's certainly more relevant than what Norwegian has done with recent ships as they are not under the same corporate family.

Eurodam is indeed the second most recent ship. But I was not looking at the chronology of HAL so much as just year to year. 2008 was 6 years ago and still then nearly every brand and ship had the festivities then started revenue cruises. Starting with maybe 2011-2012 there have been a lot more ships that have a sailing season in Europe then come to the US to do the inaugural events. I will admit it makes more sense for Carnival as they are SO US-centric, but Princess has also done it.

Fret not.

I didn't forget. ;)

I am looking at the relative newness of Eurodam in chronology of when each of the ships joined the fleet. It is pertinent to the status of the HAL fleet if what you call a 'not current event' ship is the second newest. IMO

You and I have very different perspective and I think that makes the conversation interesting.

Why does Princess fleet have the ships you are extolling and HAL does not?

Edited by sail7seas