Ft Lauderdale Airport to Miami Port Cab Pricing

Emeraldeyes5969

Hello,

Cruising Sept 7th on the Breeze..Flying into Ft Lauderdale going out of Miami...wondering if we should get the transfers from Carnival to get to the port or just grab a cab?? We have always just grabbed a cab...any idea what a cab might cost?

Thanks!!!!

I think a cab would be expensive because you are charged by a portion of a mile so if there is traffic the fare goes up. I fly to FFL airport most of the time but I use SAS transportation to go to POM they charge $15.00 flat rate one way per person but their service is a shared ride. I would not get the transfers from Carnival they charge $30.00 each way(I think) and it takes a long time to fill up the bus which may not be a problem getting to the port but going to FLL after the cruise could cause problems especially if you have an early flight . SAS transportation is fast to get you to POM and Back to FLL. Never had to wait long with SAS. Have a great time on your cruise!!!!

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

We stayed one night before a cruise out of Miami earlier this year in a hotel fairly near to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. On embarkation day, we took a taxi/car service we had reserved the day before, and it cost about $80 plus tip. Maybe it costs less to grab a taxi right at the FLL airport. Keep in mind, it's about a 40-minute ride.

Have a great cruise

Edited by carol louise

I think a cab would be expensive because you are charged by a portion of a mile so if there is traffic the fare goes up. I fly to FFL airport most of the time but I use SAS transportation to go to POM they charge $15.00 flat rate one way per person but their service is a shared ride. I would not get the transfers from Carnival they charge $30.00 each way(I think) and it takes a long time to fill up the bus which may not be a problem getting to the port but going to FLL after the cruise could cause problems especially if you have an early flight . SAS transportation is fast to get you to POM and Back to FLL. Never had to wait long with SAS. Have a great time on your cruise!!!!

Gary

The Carnival buses do not wait until full. Once the waiting folks are loaded, the buses pull out.

Does anyone have their email address? I searched their website and couldn't find it so went my question via their email reservation system a couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard back.

I'd call. 1-954-600-0240

Ask for Steve.

Does anyone have their email address? I searched their website and couldn't find it so went my question via their email reservation system a couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard back.

Their response might be caught in your SPAM filter.

In addition to SAS check with QLS (quality limo service), Go Airport and others regularly suggested on these boards.