Soft drink package on HAL?

clementine01

On a cruise we took last year on Royal Caribbean, I purchased a soft drink "package" that provided unlimited soft drink refills for a flat fee. We were given a special insulated cup with a chip in it that could be used in "self -serve" machines throughout the ship, or presented at a bar for a refill.

Does HAL offer a similar package?

I sure can't find anything on soda packages on their website.

Thanks for any insight.

HAL had a similar program years ago. You could get unlimited refills at any bar.

Sadly, today, the best they offer is $50.00 worth of fountain soda for $25.00. The card can be purchased online or from any bartender or waiter.

You have to buy a Soda Card -- not really a good deal.

$50.00 Soda Card cost $25.00

The ships have now changed from giving you a can to just about 6 ounces of fountain soda.

Your soda card is charged $1.50 + 15% gratuity ($0.23) for a total of $1.73 for each “glass” of soda.

Without a soda card, you can buy a “can” of soda for $1.95 + 15% gratuity ($0.30) for a total of $2.25 per can.

On a cruise we took last year on Royal Caribbean, I purchased a soft drink "package" that provided unlimited soft drink refills for a flat fee. We were given a special insulated cup with a chip in it that could be used in "self -serve" machines throughout the ship, or presented at a bar for a refill.

Thanks for any insight.

HAL allows you to bring as much soda as you wish.

Bringing your own 12-ounce can of soda with you will save you about $$$.

Edited by Crew News

HAL allows you to bring as much soda as you wish.

Bringing your own 12-ounce can of soda with you will save you about $$$.

I would make the most of that while you can. I'm sure they will stop the schlepping aboard of cases of pop just as they did with the wine.;)

What is included to drink without a soda card? On Carnival you got coffee, tea hot or cold, lemonade and juices for breakfast. Can we get this on Holland?

Thanks

On Holland America, a soda card gets you soda. If you want other beverages on a card, you need a beverage card. But there is no bonus with a beverage card---you get the same in value as the price you pay.

However, regular coffee & tea, lemonade, and juices (including fresh-squeezed orange juice, are included in your fare.

Thanks for any insight.

Here is a link for food and beverages that might help you in your planning:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

All menus are in PDF format that you can take with you on a PC/tablet.

We just returned from a cruise with the Explore 4 Beverage Package. The card was gold (a silver/platinum? one was offered as well). I have no idea if this card can be purchased independently. (The bar servers were selling them in the lounge area while we were waiting to board, but we didn't investigate the terms of the different cards.)

With the Explore 4, the card itself has no value. We could get up to 15 beverages per day as long as the cost was less than $7 per drink, and we could only get one at a time. The paper attached with the card (waiting in our stateroom) said the card could not be used on Half Moon Cay, minibar purchases, or room service.

My card became demagnetized once during our trip, and the front office printed another. One disadvantage that I saw about the card... it lists your name and CABIN NUMBER. If you punch holes in your key card and your beverage card to put on a lanyard (as we do), the key card is now "with your cabin number" in case of loss. When the card was replaced, it still had my name (first one only had Mrs. ___ ____ with first and last, but the replacement had whole name as printed on passport) and cabin number.

Can anyone add information as to whether you can purchase this card (with this spending limit of 15 beverages per day) independent of the Explore 4 package?

Edited by trvlcrzy