Future Cruise Credit Not Transferable?

2fromTO

We received a Future Cruise Credit as compensation for the interruption of our Asia cruise this past February when the propeller on the Journey was damaged. We applied the credit to our January 2015 Antarctic cruise.

When we tried to take advantage of the new lower price currently advertised under the BOBOHO promotion for the same cruise and same stateroom category, we were told that we would have to cancel and re-book. This would mean paying the cancellation fee and losing the credit we received for booking on-board. Completely fair.

However, what is not so fair, is that we would also lose the FCC.

Our TA has been advised by Azamara that, once a FCC, or any other coupon, has been applied, it can not be moved to another booking even if you re-book exactly the same cruise.

Has anyone else had any experience in trying to transfer a FCC to a different booking? Would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks.

Has anyone else had any experience in trying to transfer a FCC to a different booking? Would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks.
We had a similar but slightly different case. We were aboard Quest in March '12 when an engine fire debilitated the ship and caused our cruise to be cancelled after just a few days. Azamara was absolutely amazing in dealing with displaced passengers and offering alternative solutions. We were all given a FCC for the full value of our current cruise which was to be used within 1-2 years. Different international markets had different expiry dates but AZ was willing to review each case if there were any issues.

We initially applied our FCC to a cruise departing Dec '13. Several months after we booked, AZ dropped a key port on that cruise and changed others. We were no longer interested and asked to have our FCC applied to a different cruise departing Oct '13. We were accommodated with no questions and no cancellation fee. I no longer have our original FCC so I don't know what specific T&C were attached to it, but I can say that AZ was totally responsive and helpful. In this instance, we had a direct booking and no TA was involved.

I hope that AZ will review your situation and accommodate your request.

I have just looked at a copy of the FCC we applied to our upcoming Celebrity Eclipse cruise, the certificate carries the logo's of Azamara, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and is used by all 3 brands. There are plenty of exclusions as to cross brand use and certain sailings but there is only one point relevant to the OP's situation, that's as follows "The Certificate is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash" which is quite open to interpretation.

The OP does not state where they are located and our certificates were issued in the UK but would different countries have different wording? Also who are the OP's TA contacting if it's Guatemala there are numerous threads already relating to the poor quality of information they are giving out:confused:

Thanks MightyQuinn.

Riocca, I live in Canada. Here is a copy of the fine print on the certificate:

- Applicable to all categories & pricing programs except Loyalty Reunion Cruises, Complimentary Cruises, Interline, T/A Reduced Rate, Individual & Group Incentive, & Charter Sailings. Applicable to individual & group booking to cruise fare only. Not Applicable for: shore excursions, tour packages, or any other personal charges. Guest is responsible for taxes and fees were applicable.

- One certificate per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted on this certificate. Excludes Xpedition sailings.

- If credit is applied to a booking of lesser value, the difference will not be carried to another booking and it will be considered as used.

- Cruise must be made by 12/31/2015 and not redeemable for inaugural or holiday sailings.

- Valid only for the cruise brand shown.

- As are all requests for reservations, the offered space is subject to availability, and from time to time, itineraries may be altered or services on a specific ship may be discontinued. Certain restrictions apply.

Our TA contacted Miami last week and was told by Reservations that the certificate could not be moved to a new booking. She then followed up with an email asking for clarification since, nowhere on the certificate, does it state that it can not be moved. We are scratching our heads over this one!

- One certificate per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted on this certificate. Excludes Xpedition sailings.

- If credit is applied to a booking of lesser value, the difference will not be carried to another booking and it will be considered as used.

The first bullet above, as I read it, addresses the "non-transferable" issue. No one can use the FCC except the person to whom it was issued.

The second bullet says if the re-booked cruise, with the promotional discount, has a price less than the value of the FCC, one would lose the amount by which the FCC exceeds the price of the rebooked cruise. So someone might lose a part of the FCC value, but that shouldn't invalidate the entire FCC.

Good luck. Hope you can get to someone who understands.

I just found out that someone (from the US) on the same Antarctic Cruise, with a Future Cruise Credit, was able to cancel, rebook with the new promotion and keep their Future Cruise Credit. What's up Azamara?

Escalate the matter up the food chain. Last year my TA was told the same thing about the FCC when I was considering cancelling a cruise. I was incensed that the FCC would not be returned to me, so I called Azamara directly and demanded to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that if I cancelled the current reservation, the FCC would still be available for me to use on a future cruise. I am also in Canada.

Escalate the matter up the food chain. Last year my TA was told the same thing about the FCC when I was considering cancelling a cruise. I was incensed that the FCC would not be returned to me, so I called Azamara directly and demanded to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that if I cancelled the current reservation, the FCC would still be available for me to use on a future cruise. I am also in Canada.

Thanks for sharing your experience and your advice. My TA did speak to a supervisor, but based on what I learned today, it was probably someone in Guatemala. She has sent a query to Customer Service in Miami. Hopefully we will have better luck there....

• 2 weeks later...

We are happy to post that Azamara has agreed to give us the new lower BOGOHO price and honour our FCC. Still not sure where things went off the rails for us but senior management at Azamara has made it right. Thank you to them and thanks to everyone on CC for sharing your experience. I am sure it helped.

We are happy to post that Azamara has agreed to give us the new lower BOGOHO price and honour our FCC. Still not sure where things went off the rails for us but senior management at Azamara has made it right. Thank you to them and thanks to everyone on CC for sharing your experience. I am sure it helped.

Shouldn't have taken so long--it was a no-brainer--but am so glad that it's resolved...

Best to you and the good Doctor!