El Cheapo Cruises Thread

When you look at the cruise price then the flight/hotel adds about $500-600 costs.

You can get there by Scoot for $254 on the 13th. Direct.

Air Asia via KL is about $268.

Jetstar via Melbourne is about $420

Of course there will be baggage to pay with them all.

Etihad via Brisbane $490 no baggage costs.

Yes, Ok possibly via KL, even still not a bad price.:D

Where would they go if not direct, KL?

when i received the email on the itinerary it states this

Please note this flight maybe indirect.

maybe they cover themselves if they put you on a different route

when i received the email on the itinerary it states this

Please note this flight maybe indirect.

maybe they cover themselves if they put you on a different route

There was a deal last year from a well known (apparently) TA where the initial ad said flights were on QF but when a friend booked it turned out they were MH and very poor connections. She did finally get her money back when she cancelled but it took a lot of emails and threats.

Not such a good deal it would appear.

There is always the risk with these packages that they can be on alternate airlines and routes. When we have purchased such deals we clarify and have it confirmed in writing what is to deliver so we know up front what is the case. Informed decisions can then be made. :D

Package deals are great for folks who dont have the time to shop around , or as some friends of mine are, cant be bothered with all the hassle of running around. All they want is a once only up front price ...and then they are off for a relaxing no hassle vacation.

We usually do our own package if its an overseas cruise. We always arrive at least 1 day before the cruise, usually 2 or 3 for a pre cruise stay, and then fly home the day the cruise ends...(depending on flight times).

24th November Voyager from Singapore to Sydney

Took a similar cruise last year with sister but needed it out of Adelaide which is always more expensive. Think in the first place I was told it was Virgin via Darwin but it finished up through Melbourne with Jetstar and baggage fees and meal were included. Doubt a flight to Singapore would go via Malaysia. A lot of people who use these packages would find that too complicated.

Apart from the crazy queues at Jetstar boarding it was a comfortable flight on a fairly new plane. Probably newer than some Qantas planes I`ve been on

Flight home from Sydney was also included and at the time of booking (Probably about now) an outside was the same price as an inside.

It was only including one overnight in Singapore and as the hotel they were using was a bit inconvenient we just included some extra days and paid for a different hotel that I booked myself but no refund was given for not using the supplied hotel.

Just saw a Concierge guarantee on Century 8 nighter in October 2014 for about $100 each per night, but then I talked for 5 minutes, click the hold button and it jumped up. Seriously, I need to press the hold immediately! Those guarantees seem to be very fleeting, as I had that the other day.

Concierge gty are $984 US but the TA I use is offering all three perks for new bookings at present. So that's about $130 a night for a concierge cabin with grats paid, free drinks and enough OBC for a few trips to a specialty restaurant. Nice way to spend a week.

We will be in China otherwise I think I would jump at this.

Edited by woodyren

Pricing Summary

Passenger Fare Taxes/Fees Total

#1) $569.00 $169.50 $738.50 USD

#2) $569.00 $169.50 $738.50 USD

Subtotal: $1,138.00 $339.00 $1,477.00 USD

$738 US Prev passenger Senior. Celebrity Century Inside gty. Dec 1st. 14 Night Australia

Departing from Sydney, Australia

Ports of Call: Sydney, Australia | Airlie Beach | Cairns, Australia | Port Vila, Vanuatu | Lifou, New Caledonia | Noumea, New Caledonia | Isle Of Pines, New Caledonia

Edited by woodyren

Hi Woodyren,

Just wanted to pick your brains on airfares. We are going to China next April Hong Kong - Shanghai. Didn't want to purchase airfares too early as we have recently been caught out on a Black Sea cruise. How would you go about it? I believe Shanghai is not the easiest place to get in and out from.

Thanks

Jean

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Hi Woodyren,

Just wanted to pick your brains on airfares. We are going to China next April Hong Kong - Shanghai. Didn't want to purchase airfares too early as we have recently been caught out on a Black Sea cruise. How would you go about it? I believe Shanghai is not the easiest place to get in and out from.

Thanks

Jean

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

What would you like to know. Email is woody3155@gmail.com

Happy to help.

Pricing Summary

Passenger Fare Taxes/Fees Total

#1) $569.00 $169.50 $738.50 USD

#2) $569.00 $169.50 $738.50 USD

Subtotal: $1,138.00 $339.00 $1,477.00 USD

$738 US Prev passenger Senior. Celebrity Century Inside gty. Dec 1st. 14 Night Australia

Departing from Sydney, Australia

Ports of Call: Sydney, Australia | Airlie Beach | Cairns, Australia | Port Vila, Vanuatu | Lifou, New Caledonia | Noumea, New Caledonia | Isle Of Pines, New Caledonia

In the name of research I just subjected myself to the ordeal of Celebrity's AU website and off shore customer service. Website says $604 + tax with the senior and past passenger discounts BUT when you go through with the booking this price bumps up to ever $1200pp in total. (fare, taxes, grats)

BUT after you wait the customary 30 minutes or more on hold and talk to one of their customer service staff the cruise is available in an inside gty for a little over $900 (604+tax+grats) Australian. That is great value at under $70 a day with grats taken care of.

I am already booked on Solstice at that time but couldn't resist the thrill of the chase and get some futher insight into the "workings":confused: of the X website.

Edited by woodyren

In the name of research I just subjected myself to the ordeal of Celebrity's AU website and off shore customer service. Website says $604 + tax with the senior and past passenger discounts BUT when you go through with the booking this price bumps up to ever $1200pp in total. (fare, taxes, grats)

BUT after you wait the customary 30 minutes or more on hold and talk to one of their customer service staff the cruise is available in an inside gty for a little over $900 (604+tax+grats) Australian. That is great value at under $70 a day with grats taken care of.

I am already booked on Solstice at that time but couldn't resist the thrill of the chase and get some futher insight into the "workings":confused: of the X website.

I suppose your hard work may reward someone here if they can take advantage of the deal. I really wish that they would fix their website though.

I suppose your hard work may reward someone here if they can take advantage of the deal. I really wish that they would fix their website though.

Me to. I usually let my TA deal with them but I was a little bored today and after reading all the posts about them I thought it was time to see for myself.

Sheeeesh......How can you see three different prices in three places for the same cabin.

Woodyren - Thank you for taking the time to subject yourself to some frustration and aggravation! I appreciate that very much as we had three tries on the website the other day and I still have the bookings and cancellations in my email inbox just waiting for a time when paying customers stop walking through the door at work, and I can get down to doing a long personal phone call with a person that will not understand what I mean anyhow. :)

Due to the help desk being such short work-overlapping hours it is hard to get on the phone otherwise I would have wasted a few hours in the evening. Each time I went through and the lower price was showing, and then I pressed the button and boom, up the price went. I just thought I should chase it up for future reference, and it has put my mind at rest that you have confirmed the site is very flawed, as has been happening for quite a while.

So you are saying you saw one price, clicked and another came up, and then the phone call produced a third price?

Woodyren - Thank you for taking the time to subject yourself to some frustration and aggravation! I appreciate that very much as we had three tries on the website the other day and I still have the bookings and cancellations in my email inbox just waiting for a time when paying customers stop walking through the door at work, and I can get down to doing a long personal phone call with a person that will not understand what I mean anyhow. :)

Due to the help desk being such short work-overlapping hours it is hard to get on the phone otherwise I would have wasted a few hours in the evening. Each time I went through and the lower price was showing, and then I pressed the button and boom, up the price went. I just thought I should chase it up for future reference, and it has put my mind at rest that you have confirmed the site is very flawed, as has been happening for quite a while.

So you are saying you saw one price, clicked and another came up, and then the phone call produced a third price?

Exactly. When I entered in my +55 and captains club number the first screen once I had ticked the dot under inside showed a pp price of $604 with the condition underneath saying plus taxes of $179 (? not sure of the exact amount now) plus of course grats are not part of this either. So I figured $604 + $179 + $170 grats = approx. $950 pp which with grats included is a great deal.

WELL in the weird world of Celebrity maths that now adds up to around $1200once you have pressed the book button and when you click on the breakdown link the base fare (that was $604) becomes $900 +

UNTIL you eventually talk to their "help" (probably a bad choice of words but lets run with it) person, who after finally understanding what I meant when I said I was a captains club member and wanted to enquire about this cruise price gave me a cost of about $930.

What I have learned from all this is that you always need to talk to someone before you commit and to compare US and Aussie prices. This time the Aussies came out on top.