Ft Lauderdale Airport to Miami ??

Markmom18

Hi,

We're flying out on a Red Eye Flight from California. Should get into FLL Airprt at 6:00am next week. Myself, husband,son & luggage. Taxi or Rental car? We'll be arriving 2 days before our cruise. Staying at hotel in Biscayne Bay Area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!:)

Rental car definately. The cab ride from FLL to Biscayne Bay will be $100. It's about 20-25 minutes from FLL. However, factor in this, does your hotel offer free parking or do you have to pay to park. Many hotels down here charge per night or only have valet parking. That being said once you are in that area you can walk mostly anywhere. Plus in Brickell you can find the metro mover which is a free train like people mover.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've done this before also. Fly into FLL, got rental car, went to the huge outlet mall in Ft Laud, drove down to South Beach/Miami, stop by grocery store for food supplies, drop family & luggage off at hotel, check in by 3pm, drop off rental car 5 blocks away. $60, no parking fees. Paid $24 to Miami cruiseport 3 days later.

Worked out well, for us...

Hi,

We're flying out on a Red Eye Flight from California. Should get into FLL Airprt at 6:00am next week. Myself, husband,son & luggage. Taxi or Rental car? We'll be arriving 2 days before our cruise. Staying at hotel in Biscayne Bay Area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!:)

We used SAS shuttle for our three. Was cheaper to fly into FLL & take shuttle. I think it is $15 per person

We have used SAS Shuttle (ridesas.com) many times. It cost $15 per person. We reserved online and received confirmation by email with instructions to call when we got our luggage from the carousel. Every time the drivers called us minutes after the plane landed. Same with post cruise-drivers called us not too long after debarkation began.

Happy travels.

With 4 plus luggage I'd skip the rental -- in downotown Miami you do not want or need the car and the $30/day parking fees :eek: or the hassel of dropping it off after a 1 hour rental.

While you could use a shared shuttle for about $60+tip, for a few dollars more you can hire a private car service (very nice after a long red-eye flight! :cool:); Go Airport, based inside FLL, used to offer a Lincoln Town car to Miami for about $75. I would also check with Larry's Limos (often suggested for Miami service) and Holland Limo (another FLL area provider).

The easy solution is a taxi for about $75-80+tip.

Good luck! :)

I just don't want to have to rely on a shuttle. A shuttle for three would be around $45 plus tip. A taxi may be almost double, but you don't have to wait around for a shuttle.

MJS is $36 plus tip. I didn't have to wait long for them at all. You can make the reservation online too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Markmom,

If you are looking for a way to get around town during your couple of days in Miami, we typically rent a car at Thrifty at FLL and return it to the Miami airport and take the shuttle down to the port. On the morning of the cruise, we drop our luggage off at the port and return the car. That way, we are only left with our carry-on luggage on the shuttle trip back to the port.

Just another option to consider. If the rates on the rental cars are too high, keep going back, then move up and down like waves on the ocean. I just updated our reservation, it is $37/day with taxes and fees (approximate $24 before) for a mid-size Dodge Avenger. Keep in mind, you will also have to factor in fuel costs as part of the car rental.

Enjoy

ddaz

GBY

Edited by ddaz

Thank you all for your suggestions and tips. So appreciate it! We're every of shuttles because the one time we took one (from Cancun Airport) our htel was the last on the stop! :eek: So, it's been rental car or taxis since that trip.

Thanks again,

:)