Conquest or Splendour?

yoj13

Hi,

Although we are not new to cruising by any means, we are considering trying Carnival for a change.

The Miami departures for the Carribbean show us that the Conquest or Splendour would suit our dates. We have sailed, Celebrity, HAL, NCL & Princess in the past so which ship do Carnival sailors recommend.

Sailed on the Splendor when she was on Los Angeles and on the Conquest last year.

The ships have identical deck plans with a few differences.

The Splendor is wider. Her lido pool area has lots of tables and chairs upstairs overlooking the pool. IIRC the pool can be covered.

Lido Aft is open.

There are more seats in the buffet area.

The Conquest's lido area is multi-leveled and her Lido Aft has the can-be-covered Adult pool.

The Splendor has the Serenity Deck.

A larger waterworks and a water play area for kids.

Conquest had Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana for Mexican and the Fish and Chips station is up the stairs in the buffet.

The Splendor has the Tandoor and the Rotisserie is upstairs.

I'd sail on either ship. But if all things are equal I'd go on the Splendor for the Tandoor alone.

(Which Splendor are you talking about? Carnival Splendor or RCI Splendour of the Seas?)

Edited by SadieN

I haven't been on the splendor, but I sailed the Conquest last year. Overall same Carnival cruise, but the ship is not as nice as some. It's just dated. I would personally go splendor just because it's newer. Better yet…go for the breeze :)

I haven't been on the splendor, but I sailed the Conquest last year. Overall same Carnival cruise, but the ship is not as nice as some. It's just dated. I would personally go splendor just because it's newer. Better yet…go for the breeze :)

And the Breeze has both Guy's Burger joint and Tandoor (yummy yummy)

I've been on both ships twice within the past year. They are very similar, I would make my selection based on itinerary, if different, or Guy's burgers. :) So I give the Conquest a slight edge, if the itineraries aren't of priority.

• 1 month later...

I too have sailed on both...

Splendor has a slight edge over Conquest.

fyi- I have sailed on RC, Princess, NCL, Celebrity and Carnival

Wasn't pleased with the layout of the Conquest, size of pool, decor, plus needs major care...shows a lot of wear and tear. Not maintained at all.

Pro- Guy Burgers, itinerary, & price

Serenity Adult-Only Retreat was a joke on Splendor.