Cb questions. Bare with me please, havnt cruised in a decade.

Chicagdude2451

The list is provided 3 days after the cruise ends. Crew do not know who on the cruise removed the autotip until then.

No way.

If you are working in dining, in traditional, you will be invited

to the maitre d' s office to explain why the passenger cancelled tips.

I had a strong disagreement with a head waiter, and walked out

in the middle of service.

The poor waitress at the station had to report to the maitre d's

office the next day and explain what had happened.

Of course she couldn't tell the truth and say the head waiter was

a jerk, for fear of retribution...

We just got off of CB Saturday. Yes you can bring canned soda onboard and 2 people in our group used Rumrunners with no issues. Nightlife was pretty dull after 10 pm.

I've never used those and have no intention of starting to do so but I've always been curious about something regarding the rumrunners. What the heck to people do with them once they are onboard? Do they just blatently place them on top of the counter? "Hide" them in the refrigerator - where the steward will see them anyway?

It really doesn't matter but, like I said above, I'm curious as to how that works? Does the steward just pretend not to see them?

Of course I've wondered that about the full bottles people smuggle onboard as well. Just how does that work? :confused:

I've never used those and have no intention of starting to do so but I've always been curious about something regarding the rumrunners. What the heck to people do with them once they are onboard? Do they just blatently place them on top of the counter? "Hide" them in the refrigerator - where the steward will see them anyway?

It really doesn't matter but, like I said above, I'm curious as to how that works? Does the steward just pretend not to see them?

Of course I've wondered that about the full bottles people smuggle onboard as well. Just how does that work? :confused:

Stewart could care less about rumrunners.

No way.

If you are working in dining, in traditional, you will be invited

to the maitre d' s office to explain why the passenger cancelled tips.

How would the wait staff know why a passenger chose to remove auto-tips? There are a myriad of reasons, many having nothing to do with the wait staff.

We are just off the CB this past Saturday. We say passengers with cases of sodas being brought onboard.

If you drink wine, you could consider bringing it and paying $15 per bottle corkage fee. I do not think they allow any "spirits" onboard-that will be taken.

Sorry if some responses are less than you would have wanted.

Nightlife? Do you mean the shows? See the post "Live from the Caribbean Princess" from Geoherb. He did a great job posting about onboard events from the 8/1-8/9 sailing.

We just leave all out liquor on the counter by the refrigerator. Both out RumRunners & any bottles we bring back from on shore purchases. Never had any problem from any steward. Why would he want to turn anyone in & jeopardize losing his tips for the cruise. ;)

How would the wait staff know why a passenger chose to remove auto-tips? There are a myriad of reasons, many having nothing to do with the wait staff.

It's the same for cabin stewards. They get called in to the supervisor and questioned as to why they THINK the auto tips were removed.

We just leave all out liquor on the counter by the refrigerator. Both out RumRunners & any bottles we bring back from on shore purchases. Never had any problem from any steward. Why would he want to turn anyone in & jeopardize losing his tips for the cruise. ;)

I believe the only thing they are required to report are safety hazards ie: real candles as opposed to the led light ones.

Plus some people wait until the end of the cruise to have the auto-tip removed.

There was a posting, with a photo, some time ago about a passenger on a tour aboard a Carnival ship who saw a list hanging in the crew area of all the people who had their auto tip removed. It was hanging for all the crew to see.

When questioned about the list the cruise line said at the time that they wouldn't do that in the future but I really believe it's still being done by all the cruise lines, but just not in the open. ;)

So, if I auto tip, and then give out cash at the end of the cruise to those who did above and beyond for me and my family, they have to turn the cash over to management? I always give a bit more to those folks, but in cash, hoping they get to pocket the money.

So, if I auto tip, and then give out cash at the end of the cruise to those who did above and beyond for me and my family, they have to turn the cash over to management? I always give a bit more to those folks, but in cash, hoping they get to pocket the money.

They do get to keep if the auto tip is in place but they first have turn it in and if the auto tip in still in place they then receive it back as an additional tip. If the auto tip has been removed the money goes into a pot to be distributed to everyone. This doesn't apply to any cash handed to employees during the cruise like bartenders, cabin stewards for extra effort or room delivery service.

I do not think they allow any "spirits" onboard-that will be taken.

Be careful with the wines that you bring onboard. My wife picked out a "Port" wine. It was confiscated due to an alcohol content (ABV) greater than 15.9%. Nowhere in the passenger contract, nor in the Princess documentation was this limit published. The wine table after security produced a document that stated the limit. I suggested that they make this limit known to passengers before hand, but I have yet to see any change to any documentation.

How would the wait staff know why a passenger chose to remove auto-tips?

The maitre d', as department head will know that one did it.

As he lives in fear of negative comments, he will grill dining staff for any issues.

Edited by pablo222

They do get to keep if the auto tip is in place but they first have turn it in and if the auto tip in still in place they then receive it back as an additional tip. If the auto tip has been removed the money goes into a pot to be distributed to everyone. This doesn't apply to any cash handed to employees during the cruise like bartenders, cabin stewards for extra effort or room delivery service.

It does apply to cabin stewards

It does apply to stewards.

If it were an envelope at the end of the cruise I'm sure he would turn it in but if you give him a few dollars when he brings the laundry or gives you a different pillow it goes directly into his pocket.

And if he gets caught, he can be terminated on the spot and have to find his own way home. In addition, they're hired through an agency so the chances of getting another ship are nil.

And if he gets caught, he can be terminated on the spot and have to find his own way home. In addition, they're hired through an agency so the chances of getting another ship are nil.

I know a waiter who got caught pocketing a tip.

He was immediately terminated.

But, he now works for Celebrity.

I know a waiter who got caught pocketing a tip.

He was immediately terminated.

But, he now works for Celebrity.

Maybe Celebrity uses a different agency?! But thanks for confirming that they will get fired on the spot.

Maybe Celebrity uses a different agency?! But thanks for confirming that they will get fired on the spot.

He says it is much better on Celebrity.

But, under the circumstances, I'm not sure that is completely objective.

He was from Romania. They don't use an agent for princess, they deal directly with Napoli.

The same with Russia and Ukraine.

Also, in the dining room, the head waiters know who has cancelled tips.

They always watch like hawks for cash tips, but when they know a passenger

has cancelled, they watch the waiter twice as hard.

Edited by pablo222