Unlimited internet on Oasis?

ggglo

Just thought with laptop you could bridge the wired and wireless run the router from the laptop wired then support all the devices, I am starting to like this idea. Keep the laptop on and the phones and Ipad would all work fine.

Anyone try this?

That would work if you had access to any wired ports. I've not seen wired ports available to guests.

As someone else already mentioned, last years Indy TA didn't have any full cruise internet package.

Is the 7 day package contiguous, or could it be any 7 days in the two weeks? I'm going on the Allure TA in April, and wouldn't mind having Internet sometimes, but don't think it would be worth it to me to pay that much for the full two weeks. Part of the holiday idea is to get me away from the internet :D

I wonder is the 60 minutes the same as it used be - you could use 10 minutes here, 5 minutes there, or do you have to use the full 60 minutes at once?

• 2 weeks later...
As someone else already mentioned, last years Indy TA didn't have any full cruise internet package.

Is the 7 day package contiguous, or could it be any 7 days in the two weeks? I'm going on the Allure TA in April, and wouldn't mind having Internet sometimes, but don't think it would be worth it to me to pay that much for the full two weeks. Part of the holiday idea is to get me away from the internet :D

I wonder is the 60 minutes the same as it used be - you could use 10 minutes here, 5 minutes there, or do you have to use the full 60 minutes at once?

When you do the package for a single device, does that mean you pick one device and stick with it all week, or can you log off and use a different device so long as you only use one device at a time? Any updates on current pricing? Thanks.

I have the one device package on Oasis. It was $109 for the week for premium plus with my platinum discount. If I log off my iPhone I can log in with my iPad. Log off iPad and log back in to iphone. FaceTime audio and video have worked perfectly.

Those people with free minutes can apply it to a package. There were four package options at each of three levels. Basic, premium and premium plus. For Diamond it was $29.99 off which would give you one free 24 hour day.

I have the one device package on Oasis. It was $109 for the week for premium plus with my platinum discount. If I log off my iPhone I can log in with my iPad. Log off iPad and log back in to iphone. FaceTime audio and video have worked perfectly.

Those people with free minutes can apply it to a package. There were four package options at each of three levels. Basic, premium and premium plus. For Diamond it was $29.99 off which would give you one free 24 hour day.

Thanks! So you are paying $109 for the fastest Internet package? And this is unlimited, right? I assume seven-night cruise? Glad to hear facetime works. I thought the fastest package was well into the $200s, even with a discount. Thanks again.

Thanks! So you are paying $109 for the fastest Internet package? And this is unlimited, right? I assume seven-night cruise? Glad to hear facetime works. I thought the fastest package was well into the $200s, even with a discount. Thanks again.

Yes. With my discount the entire week for the fastest speed is $109. This is less than prices someone posted for Allure last week. Perhaps they are experimenting with price structure to see where they can attract the most people. It is well worth the price. Speed is excellent. However the promised movie streaming is not working. I can't get Netflix to work. I get an error message. IT does not know why as Netflix is supposedly not blocked on premium plus. They are looking into it. Don't hold much hope on their fixing it in time for me to use it.

Where or how do you get the coupons that provide the discount?

When you sign up, your appropriate C&A percentage discount is already included. We were told anyone applying the one free hour credit (worth $29.99) needed to get guest services to apply it manually. I don't know how the percentage discount works with the free hour as there was only four options when you sign up. Don't know if you can take both off the same package. I'm platinum so I did not have free minutes to work with.

Oasis pricing for unlimited for the 7 day last week was $180 (c&a coupon was 10%) for 2 devices. Speed was awesome and we are picky about this! We face timed our kids and audio FaceTime for work while on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oasis pricing for unlimited for the 7 day last week was $180 (c&a coupon was 10%) for 2 devices. Speed was awesome and we are picky about this! We face timed our kids and audio FaceTime for work while on the ship.

Yes, ditto to that. We are on Oasis right now. We paid $180 with C&A discount for 2 devices. It would be $200 at full price. It is "premium plus" which is 4 Mbps. Premium is only $10 cheaper for the week so plus is a no-brainer. There is a box to check to apply the discount when you sign on the first time so it's easy.

We have used FaceTime and it works great. We have 4 devices with us but we're fine as long as we just have any two on wi-fi at any time. If you forget and try a different device, you will be prompted to disconnect one of your other devices. We have "too much technology " lol but it's been fun to show the grandkids where we are on FaceTime and download some new ebooks as we go.

Current speeds on Oasis are

.25 mbps download average

.30-50 upload speeds.

These are fine for basic Skype calls and other Internet calls. Videos on YouTube or facebook, painful.

Regarding "other Internet calls"---from a non-tech person---how can I make a phone call to a land line using my lap top? (not cell phone)

Thanks Bosjoe!

I wonder if you could connect one device then use a travel router and clone the mac address to make it multiple devices :)

On our Allure November cruise I connected my MacBook Air to the internet onboard and then used Internet Sharing to connect an iPad and iPhone to the MacBook Air. So was able to use 3 devices on the 1 device plan in our stateroom.