CAS rates under booking charges on invoice?

ryano

What is CAS rate under booking charges on invoice? There is a credit of 42.00 on me and 21.00 on second passenger.

Guessing it's the discount that used to be called a Savings Certificate.

What is CAS rate under booking charges on invoice? There is a credit of 42.00 on me and 21.00 on second passenger.

That all depends on the individual cruise and your level in C&a

No other answer is real

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Crown & Anchor Savings. Did you book a balcony? If so, that would be the balcony discount. But there are other discounts depending on your C&A level.

My balcony discount says "CAS Balc Suite", which is why I didn't think the OP's discount was the balcony type.

Im just Gold so no balcony discount for me or any other discount that I know of. Could it possibly be a residency discount or maybe a senior discount since I checked over 55 because my mom is going with me? Or are those listed differently?

I guess i can call and ask them. No wait at all getting someone on the phone yesterday when I booked.

Im just Gold so no balcony discount for me or any other discount that I know of. Could it possibly be a residency discount or maybe a senior discount since I checked over 55 because my mom is going with me? Or are those listed differently?

I guess i can call and ask them. No wait at all getting someone on the phone yesterday when I booked.

Gold members are entitled to non-balcony C&A discounts.

There must have been a crown and anchor savings rate on your cruise. Some of them can be much higher. We got one for our October Brilliance cruise that is $386 pp. We also got a residency rate on the same sailing. Between the two of them, we are saving more than $1400.:eek::p

That's why it is important to be signed in on the cruise line website when you check pricing now. You won't see the CAS rates unless you are signed in.

CAS rate, residency and senior discounts will all be listed seperately.

My balcony discount says "CAS Balc Suite", which is why I didn't think the OP's discount was the balcony type.

I rechecked all of our invoices and, except for our Allure cruises, they all say CAS Balc Suite. And the total discount is taken off Guest #1 only.

On our Allure b2b2b in January of 2015, it says CAS Rates and they are split between Guest #1 and Guest #2. We are booked in a GS for all three cruises.

That makes sense. They no longer have the savings certifcates anymore?

No, they were replaced April 1 with automatic discounts on certain cruises/categories. Similar concept to Savings Certificates, but there is no list that lasts for a calendar quarter. Now you have to log in to your account on Royal's website and do mock bookings to see if there is a C&A discount. Not very convenient. They can also add/remove discounts anytime now.

I rechecked all of our invoices and, except for our Allure cruises, they all say CAS Balc Suite. And the total discount is taken off Guest #1 only.

On our Allure b2b2b in January of 2015, it says CAS Rates and they are split between Guest #1 and Guest #2. We are booked in a GS for all three cruises.

Interesting how the full balcony discount is deducted from guest 1, and the CAS rate is split.

Does the Allure B2B2B have a higher CAS discount than the the D+ balcony discount?

Interesting how the full balcony discount is deducted from guest 1, and the CAS rate is split.

Does the Allure B2B2B have a higher CAS discount than the the D+ balcony discount?

Oh Yeah!:D The total CAS Rate for 1/18 is $489; for 1/25 it's $353 and for 2/1 it's $446.

We booked these on Rhapsody on May 1st, so we also got to take advantage of the BOGOHO and we got the higher OBC.

Edited by cruisenfever

Oh Yeah!:D The total CAS Rate for 1/18 is $489; for 1/25 it's $353 and for 2/1 it's $446.

We booked these on Rhapsody on May 1st, so we also got to take advantage of the BOGOHO and we got the higher OBC.

Wow, you got a tremendous deal!

That's why it is important to be signed in on the cruise line website when you check pricing now. You won't see the CAS rates unless you are signed in.

Now you have to log in to your account on Royal's website and do mock bookings to see if there is a C&A discount. .

Thank you both for this information. Its probably been posted here many times but I totally missed it.

Now it makes sense why I was getting two different rates yesterday. I wasnt signed in when checking the first time but was the second time.

Maybe the OP has a BOGOHO deal which could account for half discount on second passenger

Maybe the OP has a BOGOHO deal which could account for half discount on second passenger

Hi Charles! :) Hope this finds you well.

I don't believe that the CAS Rates have anything to do with the BOGOHO sale. We also booked 4 consecutive cruises while on Rhapsody for Jewel and we got the CAS Balc Disc on those, but those discounts are never split between Guests.

Hi Charles! :) Hope this finds you well.

I don't believe that the CAS Rates have anything to do with the BOGOHO sale. We also booked 4 consecutive cruises while on Rhapsody for Jewel and we got the CAS Balc Disc on those, but those discounts are never split between Guests.

Hi Patti - doing well thanks.

I was not referring to the CAS balcony discount - the OP has already said they are gold members. I suspect, like others have suggested, that the discount received is a CAS exclusive saving applicable to this sailing or 55+ rate.

Hi Patti - doing well thanks.

I was not referring to the CAS balcony discount - the OP has already said they are gold members. I suspect, like others have suggested, that the discount received is a CAS exclusive saving applicable to this sailing or 55+ rate.

You are right. I forgot he had mentioned his C&A level. There are so many variables that can affect a booking, it's hard to keep up.

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Edited by cruisenfever