MSC Website question

jkgourmet

I booked the Divina through a Travel Agent. I have registered on the MSC site. I have done my pre-boarding registration. I tried to add my reservation for our Sept 27 departure on the Divina, but it does not accept it - it tells me to contact my TA.

So I am unable to see the reservation information on the MSC website. Is this true for everyone who books through a TA (this has not occurred with ANY other cruise line, as far as I can recall.)

As we have a Bingo Balcony booking, we have not been assigned a cabin yet. Since I am unable to see my booking at MSC's website, I assume that my TA will get the cabin assignment and advise me?

(and I agree with everyone else - the MSC website is atrocious. Nearly as bad as Celebrity's.)

I called MSC and thy told me that if you book with a TA you won't see any info on their website.. But you can your look up excursions and drink packages and if you try to order it will ask for your booking number, the when you add it you will see your cabin number and be able to book stuff.

Edited by dogchopper

I booked the Divina through a Travel Agent. I have registered on the MSC site. I have done my pre-boarding registration. I tried to add my reservation for our Sept 27 departure on the Divina, but it does not accept it - it tells me to contact my TA.

So I am unable to see the reservation information on the MSC website. Is this true for everyone who books through a TA (this has not occurred with ANY other cruise line, as far as I can recall.)

As we have a Bingo Balcony booking, we have not been assigned a cabin yet. Since I am unable to see my booking at MSC's website, I assume that my TA will get the cabin assignment and advise me?

(and I agree with everyone else - the MSC website is atrocious. Nearly as bad as Celebrity's.)

You should be able to see your room number by doing a mock booking for a drink package or pre checkin. I too booked through a travel agent and I was able to see my room number.

I used an online TA, you gnome the one I mean and I can access my booking just fine, I booked the vouchers last week. I have my confirmation number from the gnome and my reservation number from MSC. I had to go to the TA website because MSC's wouldn't let me book the last cabin available in my category, it just kept doing nothing......:rolleyes:

I used an online TA, you gnome the one I mean and I can access my booking just fine, I booked the vouchers last week. I have my confirmation number from the gnome and my reservation number from MSC. I had to go to the TA website because MSC's wouldn't let me book the last cabin available in my category, it just kept doing nothing......:rolleyes:

What is a "gnome"?

This is typical. The only reservations you can see in detail are those booked direct with MSC and online. Even when you book direct by phone, you can't see the details of your reservation in your dashboard. You can however add onboard services like drink packages onto your booking regardless of how it was made.

"You can however add onboard services like drink packages onto your booking regardless of how it was made"

Amo ... We cannot book any drink or tour packages online for the Venice to Dubai cruise in November, we booked with our usual TA and as yet MSC have still not told us why they are not available online! still waiting for their response.

We currently have 5 bookings with MSC. Four of them I called my pvc at MSC to book, and one I booked through the MSC website. I do have access to all 5 bookings on-line for making reservations for each, but I can only access one booking after logging in to the "My MSC Area", which happens to be the booking I made through the website. When I try to add the other 4, I am told that they have been booked through a TA and to contact them. One would think that if I booked directly with MSC, I should have access to that booking on their website correct??? Not So Much!!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

Mike ... That is the exact same issue here which in this day and age is ridiculous, it seems MSC will need to be dragged kicking and Screaming into the modern age from their hideaways in Italy.

I agree whole heartedly Sidari!!! I believe MSC is not putting enough emphasis on the importance of a well designed,, easy to navigate website which their customers are pleading for. I for one, would like the ability to go to "THE MSC AREA", once I have my booking number,, enter my booking number, and have the ability to make any and all reservations from there, rather than selecting the Allegrissimo Tab,,than "Click Here",,then "Enter Booking Information". Way to many steps,,way to difficult for the first timer to navigate or even find this information. I'm a programmer,,not creating websites, but commercial and residential automation control. If my clients had to go through 3 or 4 steps every time they wanted to perform a simple function,,,I wouldn't have many call backs for future business. Simple and easy,,this is what my clients ask of me,,and this is what I would like from MSC.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Apparently one TA has a 'roaming gnome' as a trademark. Perhaps this is the gnome?

Ah, now I understand. A way to post the name of the TA in cruise critic approved code! :rolleyes:

Edited by jkgourmet

I pre-booked the drink packages and a cabana on GSC....so today I still didn't have my room, so I thought I'd go check if anything was there.......it showed me that I had 3 items in my shopping cart....so I looked them up and yes my two drink packages and the GSC cabana were all there, when I clicked complete booking............my cabana is GONE..........and now they show sold out.........and now I'm on hold with MSC....has anyone had this problem..........and still don't have my room number, but I really don't expect to get it yet....I was just hopeful.....

I pre-booked the drink packages and a cabana on GSC....so today I still didn't have my room, so I thought I'd go check if anything was there.......it showed me that I had 3 items in my shopping cart....so I looked them up and yes my two drink packages and the GSC cabana were all there, when I clicked complete booking............my cabana is GONE..........and now they show sold out.........and now I'm on hold with MSC....has anyone had this problem..........and still don't have my room number, but I really don't expect to get it yet....I was just hopeful.....

Aussie,,we had to call MSC to reserve our cabana, but we had to pre-pay for it. Our pvc said that we could not reserve it and then pay for it onboard. :)

Edited by Mikesa1721

I also tried to add the 'dessert' package to my booking. I called MSC (Believe it or not, I was only on hold for 15 minutes :D:D:D). The nice young lady told me that I needed to go thru my TA, as we also booked thru an online site, that didn't use a gnome.

I told her we booked an excursion thru the MSC site, why didn't I have to go thru the TA for that?> she said, anything that you can book on their web site, you don't have to go thru the TA. But other things, that you need to call to add on, or isn't on their web site, if you booked thru a TA, then they have to add it on for you.

Hope that clarifies something, anything???:):):)

Cheers

Len

Mike...well as it turns out....I originally wanted to book the cabana but they showed sold out.......I went to facebook and MSC cruises and asked a question about my cruise date and was told they had opened up cabanas...so that night when I got home I booked a cabana....however somehow it didn't "stick"....but tonight I finally got through to MSC and although I didn't book through them, because on the day their website was having issues and the price was too good to lose........so I booked on the "travelling gnome" site.......they weren't going to help me initially, but after a few kind words, they agreed to add the cabana with me paying up front........which I would have agreed to do in the first place.......so it's all good......still don't have a cabin number.........but hey.......I paid $299 for an inside guarantee.........if it's the worst cabin ever........I'm still cruising...we've done tons of different cabin choices over time, but to be honest I don't spend too much time there............we paid premium for Oasis one year balcony........and that ship is so huge we NEVER went on the balcony........there was too much to fit in on a 7 day cruise......we aren't couch potatoes........so often now I go inside.......coz I can fit in way more a year........well that was until I changed jobs..........now my flexibility is very NARROW...may have to rethink this move.......

Mike...well as it turns out....I originally wanted to book the cabana but they showed sold out.......I went to facebook and MSC cruises and asked a question about my cruise date and was told they had opened up cabanas...so that night when I got home I booked a cabana....however somehow it didn't "stick"....but tonight I finally got through to MSC and although I didn't book through them, because on the day their website was having issues and the price was too good to lose........so I booked on the "travelling gnome" site.......they weren't going to help me initially, but after a few kind words, they agreed to add the cabana with me paying up front........which I would have agreed to do in the first place.......so it's all good......still don't have a cabin number.........but hey.......I paid $299 for an inside guarantee.........if it's the worst cabin ever........I'm still cruising...we've done tons of different cabin choices over time, but to be honest I don't spend too much time there............we paid premium for Oasis one year balcony........and that ship is so huge we NEVER went on the balcony........there was too much to fit in on a 7 day cruise......we aren't couch potatoes........so often now I go inside.......coz I can fit in way more a year........well that was until I changed jobs..........now my flexibility is very NARROW...may have to rethink this move.......

I'm glad you got your cabana Aussie!!! They showed sold out on our sailing as well. So, I was talking with my pvc one afternoon and during our conversation, I mentioned to him that I was looking to book a cabana at GSC but they were sold out on-line. So he immediately told me that they hold a certain number of them and if I wanted one I would just have to pay for it up front,,No Problem!!! Give me that cabana pleeeeease!!! I believe you get priority tender with a cabana as well Aussie.:)

Thanks Mike....I am happy..........if I had not checked we may have been out of luck on the day.......my hubby is a bad diabetic and needs shade..so we always try to get cabanas on private islands...........me I love the sun........but he needs his creature comforts.....and we are so used to first tenders because of our "perks" on other lines...but this is our first MSC....so having a cabana definitely gives us the tender option.......love it.

I can't wait to hear your review.......especially the St. Maarten plan......we have been many times and have done several different things, but our friends travelling this time are newbies and want to see Orient and Maho......so your plan sounds perfect to us.......so let us know how it goes........if you want to you can email me at Nineof5@aol.com and let me know how it goes....in case I miss it on here............

Thanks Mike....I am happy..........if I had not checked we may have been out of luck on the day.......my hubby is a bad diabetic and needs shade..so we always try to get cabanas on private islands...........me I love the sun........but he needs his creature comforts.....and we are so used to first tenders because of our "perks" on other lines...but this is our first MSC....so having a cabana definitely gives us the tender option.......love it.

I can't wait to hear your review.......especially the St. Maarten plan......we have been many times and have done several different things, but our friends travelling this time are newbies and want to see Orient and Maho......so your plan sounds perfect to us.......so let us know how it goes........if you want to you can email me at Nineof5@aol.com and let me know how it goes....in case I miss it on here............

Aussie,,I'll be sure to post some pics from Orient as well as some video from the fence at Maho for you. I'll drop you an e-mail once we get back on the boat and let you know how it all went.

Aussie,,I'll be sure to post some pics from Orient as well as some video from the fence at Maho for you. I'll drop you an e-mail once we get back on the boat and let you know how it all went.

Well I have a funny Orient story.....that was priceless if you were there and one time saw a lady face plant into one of the concrete parking things and that wasn't funny on Maho....but our friends want to do both and last time we were there we took Captain Bob's water day trip.........now that was a blast.......but we didn't get to Orient.........we started just outside of the port....and went to Simpson Bay and a lot of different dive spots and had lunch at this amazing restaurant with grouper that was to die for and ended up at Maho in the ocean and missed an overhead big jet.....but the water was awesome blue and I'd do it again.............in a heart beat...but Mikey (that's my hubby's name) can't take the the big waves from the jet boat again........but check it out next time you are there..............

Well I have a funny Orient story.....that was priceless if you were there and one time saw a lady face plant into one of the concrete parking things and that wasn't funny on Maho....but our friends want to do both and last time we were there we took Captain Bob's water day trip.........now that was a blast.......but we didn't get to Orient.........we started just outside of the port....and went to Simpson Bay and a lot of different dive spots and had lunch at this amazing restaurant with grouper that was to die for and ended up at Maho in the ocean and missed an overhead big jet.....but the water was awesome blue and I'd do it again.............in a heart beat...but Mikey (that's my hubby's name) can't take the the big waves from the jet boat again........but check it out next time you are there..............

I saw a video of a woman who face planted into a curb at Maho,,I hope she was ok. Gotta hang on to that fence!!!! Hoping KLM has a flight coming in on the day we are there. Back in March, we saw Air France come in but thought Air Caraibes was more impressive,,,love when the pilot dips the plane before she lands!!!

I'm going to look into Capatain Bob's water day trip!! That sounds awesome!!

We'll be sailing a b2b in April, doing this same itinerary again, so maybe we'll try something different next time.

Edited by Mikesa1721