Oh HAL you little stinker! 20 Day Africa Explorer

elusive_23

In a HAL survey not to long ago I took I mentioned that it would be nice to have some shorter Middle East and Africa trips for those of us who can't take the Grand Voyage. Well I looked the other day and the little stinkers listed a 20 day Africa Explorer trip in October 2014. Basically my dream trip! I'm not sure when they decided to offer it but I know it had to have been listed pretty recently. In my excitement I hoped that maybe just maybe they would offer it for 2015 and I would be able to take it for my honeymoon but unfortunately the newest Cruise Atlas doesn't list it :(. I suppose that 2014 is either a test run or they are having a hard time filling the Grand Voyage this year. What a bummer as I will be just getting off the Azamara Quest when this cruise leaves. If I didn't have this thing called a job to return to I would be on it in a heartbeat!

Nothing anyone can do about it but I figured I would talk to fellow cruisers about it as I am sure you know how I feel. :eek:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?webItineraryIdForAudit=I4F20F&fromSearchVacation=true&destList=IF,WW,O&dateCode=&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=DXB&shipCodeSearch=&voyageCode=T461H

Is this part of the 85 day Circle Africa cruise on the Rotterdam?

I thought there were just 2 segments on this; others on this board would know better. But HAL has split these long cruises up into shorter pieces sometimes.

Edited by SilvertoGold

When the 2014 Circle Africa trip was listed, there were only two segments offered---Rotterdam/Southampton to Capetown and Capetown Southampton/Rotterdam. Then months later, small segments were offered. I wouldn't be if your dream trip is also afford. So keep looking. But I suspect they won't split until late this year or beginning of next.

This cruise on Rotterdam is not a Grand Voyage.

Bobpatj, my mistake about the Grand Voyage part. I'm sure it would be grand even though not technically classified as that. 85 days sure is a long time. I wish I was retired so I could be gone that long!

If you can do so without penalty, ;) cancel Azamara. :D

sail7seas- :D As much as I love HAL they simply didn't offer the kind of itinerary that my mother and I found on Azamara. We will be on her beloved isle of Patmos on her 70th birthday. It has been on her bucket list for around 50 years so I'm not sure she would take kindly to me canceling!

I've never tried anything but HAL so it shall be interesting.

sail7seas- :D As much as I love HAL they simply didn't offer the kind of itinerary that my mother and I found on Azamara. We will be on her beloved isle of Patmos on her 70th birthday. It has been on her bucket list for around 50 years so I'm not sure she would take kindly to me canceling!

Under those circumstances, I am sure there is no way you would willingly cancel that cruise. :) Hopefully you and your Mom have a very special Birthday cruise. May she celebrate many more sailing to all her favorite places. :)

I'm turning 70 next week, can you take me a long????