Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy

lukes

Cn anyone share with me their experience at the Cirque Dreams? Worth the price? What was the menu? Are their dinner options? Was it dinner prior or during the show? Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Cn anyone share with me their experience at the Cirque Dreams? Worth the price? What was the menu? Are their dinner options? Was it dinner prior or during the show? Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Worth it to do once.

Steak and shrimp I believe.

No dinner options (except for vegetarian, etc.).

During the show.

Hope this helps.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

The show is entertaining and the food is good but not great. I'd recommend going on the first night when you get the $10pp price break.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. As far as the dinner goes I also considered it to be good but not great as well. Actually trying to eat the dinner while watching the show was more of a distraction than anything else.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. As far as the dinner goes I also considered it to be good but not great as well. Actually trying to eat the dinner while watching the show was more of a distraction than anything else.

I agree. Ok food, difficult to eat and watch show at the same time since seated sideways to stage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To get the $10 off the ticket price on the first night ...Where do I buy the ticket?

I tried buying the ticket in advance but it came up full price.

.....we did it on the ship. From what I've read on here, you can book it before at full price and they will credit you the difference on the ship.

wasiii

.....we did it on the ship. From what I've read on here, you can book it before at full price and they will credit you the difference on the ship.

wasiii

That is correct. We booked in advance at full price charged to our cc and the discount showed up on our obc as a credit no problem.

I have already booked it for the first night, before I heard out the $10 credit. Is the credit only for certain sailings or for all sailings?

I've heard that only certain categories of cabin get a discount. Don't assume that you'll automatically get a first night discount. None of the NCL reps I spoke with you even knew of it.

.....the credit is good for all sailings, all cabin categories.

wasiii

So here's a contrary view: We just got back from the 8/3 sailing and thought the show was a waste of time and money. There are only a few really good acts and those go on for far too long. Food is pretty bad (cheap wedding food, as my wife put it) and the service is terrible. We literally didn't get drinks until 40 minutes after we sat and we were one of the first ones seated.

So here's a contrary view: We just got back from the 8/3 sailing and thought the show was a waste of time and money. There are only a few really good acts and those go on for far too long. Food is pretty bad (cheap wedding food, as my wife put it) and the service is terrible. We literally didn't get drinks until 40 minutes after we sat and we were one of the first ones seated.

The whole ship has cheap wedding food, so I can't imagine it being any different. Still ok, beats cookin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

The whole ship has cheap wedding food, so I can't imagine it being any different. Still ok, beats cookin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Hahaha. Well said.

Cirque is worth it if you have the udp. IMO, the show was very good. There were a few snoozers in the show but 80-85% of the breakaway show was excellent.

As far as the food, it was aggressively peppered. I love black pepper and normally have a heavy hand, but this tasted like an untrained chef doesn't the steak and shrimp in a peppercorn sauce.

We went to an early dinner at law cucina before seeing the late cirque show,so the food didn't really matter as much

I have seen the show on the Breakaway last November.

Please DO NOT hesitate to book this show ( first night is perfect; cheaper, less crowdy and sets the mood for the rest of the week ).

Acts were about : 10% ordinary, 70% very good, 10% great and 10% excellent... but don't get me wrong, the "very good" part is...well...very good :)

Food we thought was good, I mean better than OK food, steak was super tender and cooked very well.

Service was excellent, we got our first drink well before the show started, and it was perfect all the way.

The costumes were great, not the cheesy type, they were well done.

Only negative thing is I found the music to be "childish", I expected more of a Cirque du Soleil type of show...it was not...the soundtrack and the acts between the tables during the change of acts were "childish".

But I 100% recommend it !

Thanks for all of the replies. We are thinking of getting the UDP and they are offering this to be included on first night. My wife is not a steak eater but will like the vegetarian option. We might do dinner first and then use this as an entertainment only option.

Again thanks for all of the info

The show is well worth $40, especially if you like carnival/circus acts, and also especially if you have not seen anything like this recently. We saw Pippin on broadway the day before we sailed and several types of acts were repeated, although several were new to me and very cool.

I was slightly dissapointed in that there was no trapeze type acts (I think?), as that is what I was used to from Cirque du Soleil. Nonetheless, the acts were diverse and very interesting.

Do not expect that the $40 cover charge gets you a meal equivalent to Cagneys. I thought that the Cirque dinner was in fact the WORST on the entire ship. I ate in the MDR every night except for Moderno. We too had the pepper problem, although the steak was cooked perfectly. The only good thing about this meal was that when I left I wasn't stuffed!

Two people in my group had the pescatarian option. Salmon instead of steak. It of course still came with shrimp.

There is so much to do on the ship, I don't think missing it would be a huge deal.

We enjoyed the show and there was a lot of ooohing and ahhing from our crew - especially the few who had never seen a Cirque show before. I would agree that the food was "ok" - nothing to write home about. Go for the show, not the food and eat elsewhere before or after, if you so desire.

One word of warning - the early show on the first night is now at 5:15. That means that in order to get a good seat, you may miss sailing by the Statue of Liberty. For us, that was a deal breaker (we had two in our party that had never seen the Statue). If that's important for you and you still want to take advantage of the first night deal, book the later show.

Enjoy!

We enjoyed the show and there was a lot of ooohing and ahhing from our crew - especially the few who had never seen a Cirque show before. I would agree that the food was "ok" - nothing to write home about. Go for the show, not the food and eat elsewhere before or after, if you so desire.

One word of warning - the early show on the first night is now at 5:15. That means that in order to get a good seat, you may miss sailing by the Statue of Liberty. For us, that was a deal breaker (we had two in our party that had never seen the Statue). If that's important for you and you still want to take advantage of the first night deal, book the later show.

Enjoy!

Was it scheduled for 5:45 when you booked it online and then changed to 5:15? :confused: We are currently booked for 5:45 PM on September 28th.

Was it scheduled for 5:45 when you booked it online and then changed to 5:15? :confused: We are currently booked for 5:45 PM on September 28th.

Yes. There was a letter in our cabin alerting us to the change. I ended up changing our reservations to Friday evening (late show was full by the time I read the note / asked the Concierge) so did not get the discount or get to use the UDP that night. Not exactly what I was going for, but not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes. There was a letter in our cabin alerting us to the change. I ended up changing our reservations to Friday evening (late show was full by the time I read the note / asked the Concierge) so did not get the discount or get to use the UDP that night. Not exactly what I was going for, but not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. I am going to switch us to 9:30 then. We have too many newbies with us to miss them seeing things for the first time during sail away.