Has anyone booked shore excursions through Shore Excursions Group LLC. Opinions?

cruzinbabes

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the Solstice to Alaska next month. Today, we received an email from a membership store that we belong to (not sure if it's ok to name them here), offering us discounted shore excursions through Shore Excursions Group LLC. We bought our cruise through the travel agency of that store. I looked at some of the shore excursions offered, and they do seem to offer a decent discount, especially using the discount code (COSTSHRX) mentioned in the email.

Has anyone used Shore Excursions Group LLC to purchase shore excursions? What did you think of them?

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide. We usually rent a car and create our own excursions in Alaska, but some of the adventures offered are tempting.

If you look over on the European Ports there are many threads about this outfit. Summary: they are not a provider, they are a broker, which can put an additional layer of complexity into the process.

They have great prices, but their customer service has had several seriously bad reviews.

This company is a middle man and doesn't run any tours. They also aren't in Alaska, so your information is only going to be what is written in the descriptions.

They are going to book you with vendors who commission them.

I am very picky about my Alaska vendors and always book direct. My choice. :)

An issue with using a broker- is the second hand info. It is superior to deal direct, getting accurate answers to your questions, and accurate confirmation of your reservation.