Gluten Free

benchmarklearning

We are departing from tradition (10 HAL cruises) and trying Celebrity this winter and looking forward to it. We are on the Equinox and in an Aqua suite. Can anyone tell me whether there is a gluten free menu for Blu and also in any of the specialty restaurants. DW has been diagnosed with celiacs so this is very important.

Thanks in advance!

I would put a special request for gluten free objects on The booking. This is to ensure that they have enough supplies for everyone that needs gluten free meals. I usually put my lactose intolerance on The booking, and usually it means they stock lactose free milk in The cafe al bacio for example :)

I recently went through the process of requesting GF for our upcoming cruise. Celebrity has a special needs request form that you can download through customer service via the Celebrity website. You could also telephone Celebrity and request that the form be emailed to you. Requesting GF will require scrolling through the form. You will be able to add notes if you wish. I emailed the completed form to Celebrity and followed up with a telephone call to make certain the notation and special GF needs were added to my reservation.

Generally, you will preorder your dinner for the next day from a special menu provided by your waiter.

Celebrity has wonderful fresh fruit and vegetable selections that make GF cruising much easier.

We are departing from tradition (10 HAL cruises) and trying Celebrity this winter and looking forward to it. We are on the Equinox and in an Aqua suite. Can anyone tell me whether there is a gluten free menu for Blu and also in any of the specialty restaurants. DW has been diagnosed with celiacs so this is very important.

Thanks in advance!

My wife is stage 4 Celiac, diagnosed in 2004. The staff and options last year on the Reflection were as close to perfect as could be. She did not get 'sick' one time the entire week. We dinned in the MDR, 2 speciality, the Mast Grill, and the gluten free pizza and pasta at the buffet were better than my regular pasta.

Go to the web pg, download the special needs form and fax it in.

Definitely make sure that Special Needs knows about the gluten issue, but carrying GF products is now a matter of routine on Celebrity.

You are supposed to submit this form 90 days before sailing, so I don't know how it works if you have a late booking.

I am Lactose intolerant and have informed them on my last 4 cruises, so it should be in their system.

I always pre order the night before, but that is in MDR, I have never sailed in Blu, so can't comment on their arrangements.

My wife is stage 4 Celiac, diagnosed in 2004. The staff and options last year on the Reflection were as close to perfect as could be. She did not get 'sick' one time the entire week. We dinned in the MDR, 2 speciality, the Mast Grill, and the gluten free pizza and pasta at the buffet were better than my regular pasta.

Go to the web pg, download the special needs form and fax it in.

Did it take long for the GF pasta and pizza at the buffet? Did she place her order right there in the buffet or did that order have to be placed a few hours or the day before she wanted it?

Thanks in advance!

Did it take long for the GF pasta and pizza at the buffet? Did she place her order right there in the buffet or did that order have to be placed a few hours or the day before she wanted it?

Thanks in advance!

Both were made to order and took 10-12 minutes. The pasta was cooked in its own water to avoid cross contamination. The pizza was cooked in a separate oven. They brought it out to our table when it was ready too! In the buffet! Amazing!

We were on the Reflection which has the Lawn Club Grill where you make your own pizza. The Chefs went way above and beyond to make my wife her GF pizza, she could not make it herself as the dough had to be prepped in a area free of cross contamination! I had a regular one. Hers was better than mine!

The attention to GF detain by Celebrity was a lot better than we had on Princess, and a notch better than RCCL.

We just got back from the Infinity British Isles cruise. My husband has Celiac disease and became ill from cross contamination on the fifth day of the cruise after eating breakfast in the MDR. We believe this occurred because of someone's carelessness in the kitchen, even though he made sure to tell the waiter when he ordered that he was gluten free. Celebrity tries hard to make sure that passengers with gluten-free needs are accommodated, but unfortunately for us accidents happen.

There is no separate gluten free menu, but GF Is noted on the menu items, consult with the Maitre D and your waiter for other options as well.

On the specialty restaurant menus as well? Because when we were on the Equinox 2 years ago, the GF symbols were on the regular dining room menu, but I don't remember seeing them on the specialty restaurant menus.

pdf.gif

There is no separate gluten free menu, but GF Is noted on the menu items, consult with the Maitre D and your waiter for other options as well.

We sail in Aqua and have noticed :( that the little symbols denoting gluten free and vegetarian, etc. that are on the MDR menu are NOT on the Blu menu.

My husband is a vegan and I am a vegetarian so it would make life easier for us (and for our servers!) if they were on the Blu menu also.

There are supposed "vegetarian menus but I've never seen these!

(Can't get the link to copy)

menu2.pdf (875.9 KB, 2 views) pdf.gif

menu3.pdf (424.3 KB, 2 views) pdf.gif

Celebrity - are you listening?

This is an easy fix!!!!

Edited by chamima

Where do you get the Special Needs form?

I need to submit it for my sun who is allergic to peanuts. We're getting close to 90 days :D

If you go into your online reservation and scroll down to the bottom of the page there's a link on the left..... the form can be filled out and submitted on-line......

Thanks for starting this thread. GF cruiser here.....

I'm sorry! I've looked. Is it under My Reservation, Online Checkin, or My profile to find the form?

My page has 2 reservations on it.

Scroll all the way down and on the left there is a link that says : Special Needs.... it's under the heading 'Special Services'.

The next page is very busy with all sorts of images, tabs and text.

The text itself reads :

To customize your accommodations to meet your specific needs, please complete the Guest Special Needs Form. When you click on the underlined words it takes you straight to the online form :)

I'm sorry! I've looked. Is it under My Reservation, Online Checkin, or My profile to find the form?

My page has 2 reservations on it.

Scroll all the way down and on the left there is a link that says : Special Needs.... it's under the heading 'Special Services'.

The next page is very busy with all sorts of images, tabs and text.

The text itself reads :

To customize your accommodations to meet your specific needs, please complete the Guest Special Needs Form. When you click on the underlined words it takes you straight to the online form :)

Wow, this was helpful information. Thanks!

Filled out the form, hit send and got this :confused:

Celebrity Cruises

This page no longer exist

We’re working right now to improve the site

The page you are looking for can not be found. It could be that the page has moved, the page has been eliminated, or the web address entered could be incorrect. To navigate away from this error page, go back to our homepage.

Celebrity Cruises Homepage

I've been on the Equinox twice as Aqua Class. You'll have no problem ordering gluten-free items in Blu. Except for the first night, you'll place your gluten-free order from the regular Blu menu after dinner the night before to give the chef plenty of time to prepare.

Besides what people have already mentioned about gluten-free items, you can also order both savory and sweet gluten-free crepes in the Bistro ($5 charge), although prep-time will be longer than usual, unless you give them a heads up about eating there.

On our last cruise on the Infinity in Feb, I was able to get gluten-free cookies from Cafe al Bacio.

Filled out the form, hit send and got this :confused:

Celebrity Cruises

This page no longer exist

We’re working right now to improve the site

The page you are looking for can not be found. It could be that the page has moved, the page has been eliminated, or the web address entered could be incorrect. To navigate away from this error page, go back to our homepage.

Celebrity Cruises Homepage

We faxed ours in last year too.

For more information contact our Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice), fax (954) 628-9622, send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com

Edited by wallie5446

So, I ended up emailing my special needs form to the email address provided (since I could not submit online).

I got an auto-response within minutes. Within an hour, I received a reply stating the following:

Once on board please meet with the Maitre 'd to review the menus and identify those items that need to be modified or avoided. They will be happy to assist you and will forward your concerns and needs to the galley.

All items prepared for guests with food allergies are handled separate from the main food production.

It is recommended that guests with specific food allergies not eat in the buffets areas as there is a risk of cross contamination of food items. Please note that if you choose to dine in food venues other than the Main Dining Room, It is required that you meet with the Restaurant Manager for that particular venue. This is to ensure that your needs are properly communicated to the staff.

I'm pretty impressed with that response. So far, Disney has been the best for us with food allergies. Royal has been the worst at not identifying allergens on their menu (like lining a pie crust with almond paste, but not stating almond paste in the menu description).