RCI transfer EWR to Cape Liberty

island lady

After figuring out it was a possible nightmare to take a taxi from EWR to

boarding the EX at Cape Liberty, we have arranged RCI airport to ship

transfer, using them for the very first time. Otherwise we usually take a

taxi and we plan to take one, or an airport shuttle, on our return.

Anyone have experiences with RCI bus transfer to the port?

I'm curious why you think it's a "possible nightmare" to take a taxi from EWR to Cape Liberty (but apparently not a problem in the reverse direction)? You say you usually take a taxi, and the process of doing so at EWR is no different than it is at any airport.

I'm curious why you think it's a "possible nightmare" to take a taxi from EWR to Cape Liberty (but apparently not a problem in the reverse direction)? You say you usually take a taxi, and the process of doing so at EWR is no different than it is at any airport.

Since I have never flown into EWR for a cruise before, I naturally went to this "east coast

departures boards". If you read through, you will find some nice horror stories here about

transport from airport to the ship, but no problems on the way back. Was told some taxi

drivers won't even go to Cape Liberty, and the ones that do charge whatever they feel like.

No stranger to flying into many different airports around the world and using taxis in those cities,

but I gather that this one may be different. Seemed like less of a hassle to just hand over our luggage

and board the RCI transports?

My original question: Has anyone had experience with using RCI transport to the port

from EWR? Just curious how long it took, how easy it was to find the contact...etc.

Have you used RCI transport?

Edited by island lady

I live less than 15 miles from EWR, and have taken cabs home with no problem - $45, I think? No issues with price gauging - the fare is fixed. Just get on the cab line - very easy! I'm sure they'd rather go to cape liberty than my residential neighborhood!

I live less than 15 miles from EWR, and have taken cabs home with no problem - $45, I think? No issues with price gauging - the fare is fixed. Just get on the cab line - very easy! I'm sure they'd rather go to cape liberty than my residential neighborhood!

I am coming from EWR the morning of the cruise, heading to Cape Liberty.

This may be different than traveling to your home? Not sure.

Since I have already booked one way ship's transfer from airport to port, my

question was asking what experiences others have had with taking that alternative,

so I know what to look for.

And yes, I am taking a cab/shuttle back to the airport, which I have read is not a

problem on the return. And from what you say is easy peasy! Thanks! :)

Edited by island lady

The point is that we don't want you to make a decision that may waste either your time or money based on a mistaken impression or misinformation.

Honestly, I can't recall any great number of complaints about taking a taxi from EWR to the port. Has anyone posted a complaint? Probably. Is that representative of the usual or norm? No.

Unfortunately people see a negative and make it into the norm. Someone posts that it took them an hour to get to the luggage drop off point and then everyone else assumes that always happens, while those of us cruise from Cape Liberty regularly keep saying "no"...even though it can happen it's not the norm, or anywhere close to the norm.

I've never seen a complaint, either. Just for fun, I googled mapped a trip from the airport to my home, live traffic - 25 minutes. Airport to cape liberty - 22 minutes (with some heavy traffic). A shuttle deals with the same traffic as cabs, anyway. I guess i just can't see any benefit taking the cruise shuttle - tell the dispatcher where you are going, get your price, and buckle. No waiting for others. Does it save a lot of money?