Cellar Masters on Solstice?

Truffle

Forgive me as I know this must have been answered before but I am not good at search. We are cruising on the April 3rd, 2015 departure from Sydney on the Solstice. We have enjoyed Cellar Masters in the past and I am hearing they may do away with this venue? :( If so, does anyone know when and with what it will be replaced? Will the wine machines be incorporated into another venue?

Thanks!

Forgive me as I know this must have been answered before but I am not good at search. We are cruising on the April 3rd, 2015 departure from Sydney on the Solstice. We have enjoyed Cellar Masters in the past and I am hearing they may do away with this venue? :( If so, does anyone know when and with what it will be replaced? Will the wine machines be incorporated into another venue?

Thanks!

No indication from Celebrity when or if they will switch the other ships over to the gastrobar. They did Equinox during a drydock but who knows if that will be needed to switch it over on the other ships.

We were on Eclipse in July and there were just empty cabinets. You can still get a drink in there.

We can do gastropubs anytime, it doesn't seem very special for us. We loved Cellar Masters.

So it was YOU two that were the Cellar Masters users LOL.

I always thought it was a great idea, but just never saw much activity in there.

I think Celebrity tried to make itself unique by going full on wine destination, and they just never really had the response they hoped for, just look a the wine cages in the MDR even, and the huge wine lists on board. But CellarMasters, nada.

I've sat with myself and the sommelier and no others in the room on more than one occasion - even pre dinner dressed in formal wear wondering where people were.

I think if the wine machines accepted sea pass cards, it may have done better. Oh well...

No demand, means no more supply for us. See how the next thing does in there....

Edited by cle-guy

The glasses were lovely, but kept in beautifully lit cabinets making them too warm for white wine!

I think your point about sea passes is a good one but the technology required is more sophisticated. It's used at Vinopolis (wine museum) in London and in one of our favourite wineries in France. I don't think it was marketed or promoted enough.

From what I saw on some other posts was the wine dispensers got very little use so the wine sat in them too long. I was at a similar setup in Winter Park, FL and it was mobbed and the machines looked as though they were constantly being emptied and refilled. That's what works. We'll be taking our first X cruise on Silhouette in March and assume it will have been in drydock by then so Celler Masters may be gone. Is there any other place to get decent wine service other than dining rooms. I was looking forward to the wine and beer.

We'll be taking our first X cruise on Silhouette in March and assume it will have been in drydock by then so Celler Masters may be gone. Is there any other place to get decent wine service other than dining rooms. I was looking forward to the wine and beer.

Sillie is getting its emergency dry dock to correct propulsion issues January 4, 2015.

The Celebrity Rep has also stated that GastroBar is not replacing Cellar Masters at that time, though I would expect the Enomatics to be gone by then, if they are not already gone.