Allure - Towels

barbon2

Hi,

As I have posted before, this is not our first cruise by any means but our first on RCCL.

Does the Allure hand out towels to take with you when you stop at a port with a beach, or do you have to bring towels from your cabin?

Thanks!

Barb

What is even nicer is you do not have to check them out with your sea pass, you just ask and they give.

But what amazed me is when we returned towels upon returning to the ship (on the pier so you did not have to lug them back on board) from Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel they scanned your sea pass card..............

Dont know why, they did not scan when you took them from the towel check out area.

Sea Ya

Okay, so I am a little confused. Do you have to go to the pool and get the towels or do they have them when you disembark at the port?

Barb

My understanding is that the towels are in both places.

We are just off the Allure's August 10 sailing. Allure has a bizarre towel policy. On sea days, you can just stop and get a towel without your sea pass card. On port days, they scan your cards on the pool deck if you tell them you are tacking the towels ashore. There is also a towel station outside of the ship to scan your cards when you take towels and return them. According to the policy you will be charged $25 for every towel not returned. I have no idea if they actually charge for towels or it is just an empty threat to get you to bring the towels back to the ship. You get an electronic stateroom message explaining the policy. :confused::confused::confused:

Edited by dz9yvr

Thank you.

I guess they have this policy assuming on sea days you have no choice but to leave the towels somewhere on the ship, but I can understand them not wanting you to take them off and leaving them at some port.

At least we don't have to run up to the pool to get the towels, we can grab them as we get off. I have no objection to them scanning my card, I am just glad with such a large ship we don't have to go all the way to the pool deck for towels when we want to go to a beach.

Ah, the good old days when towels were placed in your cabin to take on shore.......

Barb

We are just off the Allure's August 10 sailing. Allure has a bizarre towel policy. On sea days, you can just stop and get a towel without your sea pass card. On port days, they scan your cards on the pool deck if you tell them you are tacking the towels ashore. There is also a towel station outside of the ship to scan your cards when you take towels and return them. According to the policy you will be charged $25 for every towel not returned. I have no idea if they actually charge for towels or it is just an empty threat to get you to bring the towels back to the ship. You get an electronic stateroom message explaining the policy. :confused::confused::confused:

RCCL's policy had changed in recent months and looks like another change. They began swiping Sea Pass cards any time a towel was requested, sea day or port day a while ago. Around January began to hear they had deleted this practice. That was our experience on cruises in March and May on the Navigator. Sounds like they are losing towels in port, so they've decided to scan Sea Pass on those days only. Appreciate the information for our upcoming Allure cruise.

Edited by denamo

We were in a CL and the towels were on the balcony lounger, Marva our cabin attendant replaced them daily if we used them.

When we went to the pool we just got them there and turned them back in there.

Marva replaced the towels on the balcony for us when we did use them mostly on port days.

Sea Ya