A flight question. Qantas 380 bassinet seats

Can anyone explain what that means? What they are? Bassinet seating? On the seating plan they appear to have more legroom (huge amounts). If we were to select them or seats next to them, do we run the risk of sitting next young babies / families with kids?? :( or risk being moved to other seats to accommodate them??

I have never seen them before, but the leg room appears to be massive (ie it's a walkway missing a row of seats in front) which means no seats reclined into your knees either! :)

You are able to select them so I am assuming they are like ordinary seats but cam accommodate a bassinet??:confused:

Appreciate any info.

If we were to select them or seats next to them, do we run the risk of sitting next young babies / families with kids?? :( or risk being moved to other seats to accommodate them??

Yes, you do run the risk of being reseated, or siting next to a family with an infant.

Its an area of the economy cabin I would avoid. As mentioned above, it can be a very "distracting" flight. In my experience, the seats have normally been blocked for parents with babies anyway - meaning you couldn't select those seat options. If they're opened up to you, expect to be moved if a parent with a child books at last minute (or sat next to them).

and to add to all the above, if the bassinet is not in use, it is used as a walkway to get from one side of the plane to the other. We were on a Southern China flight, didn't matter if our legs were stretched out and we were asleep, everyone stepped over us. Never seen so many people lined up for the toilets and doing laps of the plane as the Chinese:eek:

Chez

xx

Can anyone explain what that means? What they are? Bassinet seating? On the seating plan they appear to have more legroom (huge amounts). If we were to select them or seats next to them, do we run the risk of sitting next young babies / families with kids?? :( or risk being moved to other seats to accommodate them??

I have never seen them before, but the leg room appears to be massive (ie it's a walkway missing a row of seats in front) which means no seats reclined into your knees either! :)

You are able to select them so I am assuming they are like ordinary seats but cam accommodate a bassinet??:confused:

Appreciate any info.

Don't do it - bassinet seating is at the front - move towards middle or back. Baby's ears pop - and they cry and scream because "somethings wrong" - they can't tell you what - so that is their outlet. Smart parents make sure they are sucking on their soothers when they are in the bassinet - at least baby has a chance of their ears not popping. Try giving a baby a soother when it is distressed :eek:

Pick an emergency aisle - or tuck you legs under further back :p IMHO of course. Been there - done that - KL to UK..................never never, ever again :eek:

Even happened to us in business class on Air Mauritius - Mauritius to Perth - at least that flight was day time

Edited by dizzy1948

and to add to all the above, if the bassinet is not in use, it is used as a walkway to get from one side of the plane to the other. We were on a Southern China flight, didn't matter if our legs were stretched out and we were asleep, everyone stepped over us. Never seen so many people lined up for the toilets and doing laps of the plane as the Chinese:eek:

Chez

xx

lol:D

Thanks everyone!

:)We booked the fares as part of a package. The exits are not available at thus stage!

Thanks for the heads up re screaming babies, I thought there would be a reason as to why they were not taken!

We do not seem able to change up or down decks so we may be limited to a bargain area!!

I'll be pretty excited regardless of our seating, so I reckon I'll hold my own with any annoying pax!! :D