Please answer soon!!

I cannot figure out how to find my thread, after I ask a question or whatever on here. The only way I have found is to find a posting by me somewhere, click on my name and go to see all postings by this user. Usually when I go back to the boards to find my posts and answers I cannot find them!! Please answer soon before I lose this thread also..LOL

Thanks!! :confused:

I cannot figure out how to find my thread, after I ask a question or whatever on here. The only way I have found is to find a posting by me somewhere, click on my name and go to see all postings by this user. Usually when I go back to the boards to find my posts and answers I cannot find them!! Please answer soon before I lose this thread also..LOL

Try clicking on the Refresh or Reload button (depending on your browser) to update the main forum listing.

Guest maddycat

Go to the top of the cruise critic page.

On the left click on "User CP".

Click on "Edit Options"

Under "Default Subscription Mode" choose "Instant email notification"

At the bottom click on "Save Changes".

You will now get an email from cc whenever someone posts to a thread that you have posted on.

If you go into your settings you can subscribe to each thread you post to automatically getting follow up posts as well as getting emails for your own started threads :)

Further to that, when you are making a new post, scroll down to the bottom and look for "notification type" and set it to whatever kind of notification you would like. This will "subscribe" you to the thread. Then when you want to check if you got any responses later on, up in the menu bar is "quick links". Under that is "subscribed threads". Click that to see your thread.

The same applies to when you reply to someone else's message.

There's nothing wrong with having to use the "find all posts by this user" (I do it all the time). You don't have to create a new post for that - if you look in the upper right corner, it will say "Welcome, karen&roy." You can click on your name there to get to your profile. It'll have 3 tabs - you click on Statistics (middle tab) and you'll see links to "Find all posts by karen&roy" and "Find all threads started by karen&roy".

Ok you can go up to top of main page and do search of threads and put by name and enter yours is easiest

Or there is go look for posts subscribed so you can subscribe to yours

Shows it up

All depends if using phone. Computer etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you go into your settings you can subscribe to each thread you post to automatically getting follow up posts as well as getting emails for your own started threads :)

this is what I do, makes it more convenient.

I set the alert to once per day.

:rolleyes:

I keep my post up on my computer, and as long as my computer is on (I usually leave it on unless I start having problems) my post and other threads are kept active on my screen...opened in separate windows. I refresh them as needed.

If I shut my computer down, and want to save some threads to refer back to, I save them in My Favorites. One quick look in Favorites, and I have the thread on my screen. :)

I also use the search engine a lot! Another trick is to use Google. Put in Cruise Critic, a name, subject, date, etc. to find past post or to search a subject. I usually have better luck doing a Google for finding an answer to my question.

I do not care for the auto email notification. Too many emails to sort through. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea