Your favorite waiter : name and ship

DFritz

Ramish from India and his assistant, also from India, were wonderful on our Sept cruise. Ramish was our waiter on the Serenade in 09 with assistant, now waiter, Dennis, also from India...

We have had many great waiters though the years, but these were very special.

• 2 months later...
The only waiter I ever remember by name was on my first cruise in '92... Monarch of the Seas...( a year old at the time) Izzy from Turkey. The first night after dinner I put my lipstick on...every night he came over after dinner and insisted that he put my lipstick on for me...I have pictures of him doing it on the last night....

That sounds a little bit creepy, to be honest !

• 9 months later...

Just home from five day cruise on JOS. Our waiter was Lino from India and his assistant was Denisse from Peru. They worked so well together. Denisse was right on top of everything - refilling water glasses, pouring wine, clearing table. She was tops.

We had a waiter on the Oasis last February. He was great. Spoiled all of us for 7 days. We had a hard time understanding what he saidattimes, but we managed. When he laughed we laughed. I can't remember his name though. He remembered all of our names from the first night. We were a table of 12. Very impressive guy. He was hilarious. If I can think of his name I will write again on this thread.

On Radiance of the Seas to Alaska, May 2010...Agnelo (waiter) and Joao (assistant waiter).

My friend and I were assigned to a table for 6. On the first night only one other couple showed up; after that we never saw them again! Both Joao and Aggie went out of their way at every meal to make sure we didn't feel awkward. And, as with most wait staff I've encountered, they seemed to know our likes and dislikes after only one meal.

Joao also worked in the Windjammer for lunch. My friend and I both used mobility scooters and he was always there to carry trays and fetch drinks for us.

Without a doubt, they were the best you could ask for!

By far the best waiter and staff member I have ever met is Sabit from Macedonia. We first had him on Independence and then again on Oasis. We have kept in touch with him and he is now on Allure. He is the most kind hearted, and funny person I have ever met on a cruise

Edited by jty1220

Waiter: Manoj and Assistant Waiter: Anna in MTD on Independence in June 2011. A+. Early in the cruise most at our table mentioned ordering the curry dish. Manoj said "Don't. I have something better" and arrived that night and every night with special curry dishes that were off the menu. That's what we call service.

Edited by Traveling Library

We had the best wait staff EVER on Explorer a couple of weeks ago--Jaffar from Tunisia and Marlon from the Philippines. If you ever run into Marlon, ask him to do his Ricky Martin impression. He's a hoot. The service was excellent, they doted on our granddaughter, and truly conveyed that they DO find pleasure in providing service to others. Two fabulous guys.

We had Jaffar on our Explorer cruise in 2002 and agree that he was awesome! (he looks like Derek Jeter) I wonder if he is still aboard? We'll be on Explorer in 3 days, nearly 10 years later!

Edited by DonnaK

My favoritie waiter/waitress is hands down, Tatyana on the Allure of the Seas in the My Time Dining Room. She was wonderful and so personable. Her assistant (cannot remember her name) was on the ball, knew what we liked to drink and had it at our table minutes after we sat down.

• 4 years later...