webpage error message - fyi to "Celebrity Cruise"

kroberst

After some months, a dozen postings on Cruise Critic, a dozen emails to Celebrity everyone from the CEO's office down could not help, but after full payment yesterday a Facebook posting I was finally able to add my (fully paid reservation) to My Celebrity.

Am still awaiting a reply from the Webmaster and the Captains Club as long as the Celebrity Facebook page.

My elation was however short-lived, whilst I added my reservation yesterday, todays website response is

"The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation."

As repeat (Elite) customers I truly feel this is pretty disgusting Customer Service in 2014, from a Cruiseline that promotes Modern Luxury - their website is back in the early 80s.

I finally was able to add mine, too - but can't "view" either that one or the two that were already there. I guess that's progress.

Vistapat - I see your first cruise was on the Britannis - me too! It was our honeymoon, in 1981. Did you know it sank while being towed to be scrapped?

No, I didn't know that, and it makes me sad. I actually won that cruise on a game show, and knew nothing, at all, about cruising. I thought that the raised thresholds in the rooms and bathrooms, very obvious waterproof doors in the hallways, etc. were typical. And we were invited to meet the captain, not at a mass cocktail party but actually stand in a reception line and speak with him. They served pheasant at dinner one night! Ah, the memories.

Pat

After some months, a dozen postings on Cruise Critic, a dozen emails to Celebrity everyone from the CEO's office down could not help, but after full payment yesterday a Facebook posting I was finally able to add my (fully paid reservation) to My Celebrity.

Am still awaiting a reply from the Webmaster and the Captains Club as long as the Celebrity Facebook page.

My elation was however short-lived, whilst I added my reservation yesterday, todays website response is

"The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation."

As repeat (Elite) customers I truly feel this is pretty disgusting Customer Service in 2014, from a Cruiseline that promotes Modern Luxury - their website is back in the early 80s.

I agree 100%. I've been complaining about this, via telephone and email for three weeks now. The phone reps tell me to keep trying. The automated email response I get is they received mine and will address it soon. Three weeks isn't soon? These leads me to wonder how much they value their loyal customers after they get the booking, we are Elite Plus.

Other cruise lines don't seem to have this problem. Maybe one of their tech guys should come work for RCL.

Where I worked, they were committed to "Total Customer Satisfaction". This means the whole experience with dealing with them, not just the product or service supplied. This is not Total Customer Satisfaction!!

I agree 100%. I've been complaining about this, via telephone and email for three weeks now. The phone reps tell me to keep trying. The automated email response I get is they received mine and will address it soon. Three weeks isn't soon? These leads me to wonder how much they value their loyal customers after they get the booking, we are Elite Plus.

Other cruise lines don't seem to have this problem. Maybe one of their tech guys should come work for RCL.

Where I worked, they were committed to "Total Customer Satisfaction". This means the whole experience with dealing with them, not just the product or service supplied. This is not Total Customer Satisfaction!!

At least I'm not alone on this, was able to add them a week or two ago, but haven't been able to 'retrieve' them since

Not that I need it for anything, my next cruise isn't until November, but always a bit frustrating when something continues to not work. Hopefully they get it figured out soon

At least I'm not alone on this, was able to add them a week or two ago, but haven't been able to 'retrieve' them since

Not that I need it for anything, my next cruise isn't until November, but always a bit frustrating when something continues to not work. Hopefully they get it figured out soon

As posted above, after 29 days of trying daily to add my reservation, I was finally able to do so. Now, of course, I can't access it :rolleyes:. Like Johnny T, I too have some time before things get critical with managing bookings, etc. But this is so bush-league; not at all what you should expect from a large, world-class cruise organization. And SO not what we were used to in the past. And since my cruise before the Celebrity cruise is with RCCL, I'm getting a double dose of it!

Pat

Hello, we forwarded all concerns to our web team, but not sure we'll be able to respond.

You have got to be kidding me. Why did you request that we email you this information if you aren't going to be able to respond?!

I sent an email a week ago and have had no response.

Not even an apology or a mild regret.

To the Celebrity Cruise person here on CC:

Would you give us the name and telephone number of the person or persons who are in charge of the web team so we can express our concerns directly with them.

YOU are not getting the job done. Just look at how many threads have been started.

Thanks to those who have contributed to this thread. Otherwise I'd be in a panic as to why my two reservations are unusable. I get a message that says to check my reservation number as these are not found.

Yesterday was final payment and I was very concerned about this. TA says all is okay on their end with the payment but it would be nice to actually view one's reservation and check into excursions. We got a cancellation notice about one of our ship's excursions by email this week, adding to my angst about the handling of our reservation.

I have not had this problem with the other three lines we've booked although people complain about those, too. Celebrity's site seems to take "out of order" to a new level. It is costing the company money as people will look elsewhere for excursions if ship's excursions are not easily booked or verified.

OK... I was finally able to add my two cruises to "My Celebrity" - YAY!

HOWEVER - when I click on "Manage My Reservation" or "View My Reservation" or whatever the options are in the drop-down box I get the following message - right next to the reservation:

"The reservation number entered cannot be found. Please check the number and try again."

Totally non-sensical and frustrating...

Jill

Similar experience. We were finally able to add our reservation but the booking says it is an invalid reservation number. I also discovered that the Celebrity Connections/meet and mingle sign up does not work either. It keeps looping and never let's you submit. Funny.... It also says our sailing date is invalid :confused:

The "My Celebrity" page problems about which I have been lamenting for the past couple of months have been fixed! Should you NOT have checked your page recently, give it a try!

Thank you, Celebrity, for the resolution!

Jill