Price Drop Question

If I book a cruise on RCI website and before final payment the price drops, do i get the lower price?

Yes, with few exceptions. Sometimes the lower prices are restricted to new bookings, and in that case they won't lower your price. Note that the key is final payment date, not final payment. So if you pay off the cruise early, you can still get a price drop if it's before final payment date.

Edited by clarea

Yes, with few exceptions. Sometimes the lower prices are restricted to new bookings, and in that case they won't lower your price. Note that the key is final payment date, not final payment. So if you pay off the cruise early, you can still get a price drop if it's before final payment date.

Not always....Quote:

Prices still dropping check your rates. I made my final payment last week and Royal would not adjust my rate to the new price because I made my final payment. Oh well, hopefully someone else can benefit from the price drop.

This statement is in regards to an Oct 27th cruise on Oasis. final payment isn't until the end of August. These price drops are just price drops....

There doesn't seem to be consistency in applying price drops. It's nice when it works out well.

Joyce :D

Not always....Quote:

Prices still dropping check your rates. I made my final payment last week and Royal would not adjust my rate to the new price because I made my final payment. Oh well, hopefully someone else can benefit from the price drop.

This statement is in regards to an Oct 27th cruise on Oasis. final payment isn't until the end of August. These price drops are just price drops....

There doesn't seem to be consistency in applying price drops. It's nice when it works out well.

When did you try to get the price reduction? Wasn't your final payment date around August 12th? Our cruise on Oasis is November 29th and our final payment is September 15th, unless you have more time to pay being from Canada?

Bill

Not always....Quote:

When did you try to get the price reduction? Wasn't your final payment date around August 12th? Our cruise on Oasis is November 29th and our final payment is September 15th, unless you have more time to pay being from Canada?

Bill

Bill, generally you would be correct, but the October 27th sailing of the Oasis is a 5-nighter, and final payment isn't due until 60 days before sailing. That would be August 28th.

:)

Not always....Quote:

If that happened to me, I would not just accept that answer. I would escalate through C&A, then if necessary, through Resolutions.

Bill, generally you would be correct, but the October 27th sailing of the Oasis is a 5-nighter, and final payment isn't due until 60 days before sailing. That would be August 28th.

Thank you Merion Mom.

So if he/she hasn't past the final payment date and they won't give him/her the price drop couldn't they just cancel and rebook unless of course the new prices said new bookings only?

Bill

Thank you Merion Mom.

So if he/she hasn't past the final payment date and they won't give him/her the price drop couldn't they just cancel and rebook unless of course the new prices said new bookings only?

Bill

Correct, for US/Canadian bookings, they can cancel for a full refund and rebook.

Not always....Quote:

A Royal rep told me the same thing when I had paid a prior cruise early. When I questioned her & mentioned that final payment was a week away, she realized her mistake & processed the credit.

Not always....Quote:

We had no trouble changing categories recently after making payment but before final was due.

Refund sent to our credit card and WOW OBC applied to the reservation.

Thank you for all the answers. It isn't about my booking (I still paid less than the current pricing :D). I have suggested to the person that he try again for at least an OBC for the price difference. I'll attach this thread as a link to convince him not to take 'no' for an answer, LOL