Booked Q Guarantee, Assigned an N, Moved to Different N

Hi, we booked a Q Guarantee and were assigned an N stateroom aft.

Called and requested a move to an N stateroom mid. CSR said she needed to check with a supervisor and then came back and granted the switch.

I believe that if we had been assigned a Q stateroom we were "entitled" to request a move to any available Q.

But because we were assigned an N stateroom I believe we were not "entitled" to request the move and RCL did us a favor.

Is that accurate?

Hi, we booked a Q Guarantee and were assigned an N stateroom aft.

Called and requested a move to an N stateroom mid. CSR said she needed to check with a supervisor and then came back and granted the switch.

I believe that if we had been assigned a Q stateroom we were "entitled" to request a move to any available Q.

But because we were assigned an N stateroom I believe we were not "entitled" to request the move and RCL did us a favor.

Is that accurate?

Yes, if you have a US/Canadian booking, they will usually let you move to any open stateroom in the exact category you were assigned, but not allow you to change categories.

I do not think you are ever "entitled" to change a gty cabin assignment. Fortunately, as Bob indicated, this cruiseline usually will allow US/Canadian guests to swap within the category. I am glad they let you do it, OP.

I tend to agree with this. You are not entitled to the move but they are willing to do it. If refused, there is really no recourse.