NCL Sun suite bathrooms

kjbacon

I would have booked the mini-suite for my parents (87/83) in a heartbeat, except they are tub only. No way they could navigate climbing in/out, they have shower stall at home. I looked at suites, seem to have a separate shower stall in addition to tub (but was too pricey for my budget)

I don't know if the suites are different with their setup, but in 8202 on the Sun there is a shower stall and a completely separate jetted tub with a shower. I liked the cabin so much I've got it booked again for January. :D

We are in 9202 in December. The pictures I have found of the cabin seem to contradict each other.... are there 2 sinks or one? Will need to prepare for the battle if there is just one....:eek:

The aft penthouse suites (we were in 9076) have a tub and a separate shower. That suite is fantastic!

Full tub across from the sink; enclosed shower at the end of the tub:

Suite8%20Bathroom%20tub%20and%20shower-M.jpg

9076 on the Sun! Best. Suite. Ever...

Jim

Thank you, all, for this helpful info. The aft facing penthouse is exactly what we are looking at! I notice that a couple of you think this is the best suite ever so nudge me over the edge and tell me why you feel that way :)

Thank you, all, for this helpful info. The aft facing penthouse is exactly what we are looking at! I notice that a couple of you think this is the best suite ever so nudge me over the edge and tell me why you feel that way :)

were on the sun in feb dont like the aft but love the forward suites just personal choice

We love the aft cabins because of the 180 degree views and, because in our experience, the ride is smoother in the aft. The aft-facing penthouses on the Sun are huge. The bedroom is separate from the living area, and it can be closed off. Both the bedroom and living area have sliding glass doors. The bathroom is huge, with a nice vanity area in addition to what everyone has mentioned above. You can access the bathroom from the bedroom and the entry hall. There is lots of storage in the bedroom and in the vanity area.

Here are some more photos:

Suite1%20from%20bedroom-S.jpg

Suite2-S.jpg

Suite3-S.jpg

Suite6-S.jpg

And then there's the wake:

Inside%20Passage%20sunset-S.jpg

Have to laugh, though, because yesterday we booked forward-facing penthouse 8002 for 2015.

What is appreciated is the separation of the 3 main functions of the bathroom.

One Toilet - Two Shower/Bath - and Three Vanity Sink.

In the smaller cabins the three functions are concentrated in one cubical and

and if one person is saying using the toilet then that person is tying up the

other two functions.

For the best arrangement solution - - -

Check out the POST of DGP1111 8/13/2014 and his Video of the NCL EPIC

About 3 and a half minutes into the video you can note the vanity is separated

from the shower and that from the toilet. Nice !

3 separate functions could be done by 3 cabin occupants - yet this would not

stop the que line for loo !

The NCL SUN Mini-Suite I was on 7/2013 had the toilet and shower/bath in one cubicle and the vanity outside in an another - not the best but much better than the all in one in other cabins.

I would have booked the mini-suite for my parents (87/83) in a heartbeat, except they are tub only. No way they could navigate climbing in/out, they have shower stall at home. I looked at suites, seem to have a separate shower stall in addition to tub (but was too pricey for my budget)

We've stayed in aft mini-suite 0267 and in forward penthouse 8002 this past year. Both tubs have sides about two feet high--I measured. I'm tall and not handicapped, but I held onto the towel shelf above the tub to get in and out of the tub. It really needs a grab bar there.

I didn't use the shower in 8002 as it's pretty small and I get claustrophobic. But my husband liked it just fine.

The oddest thing was that the aft mini had much more usable storage space than 8002 did.

I peeked into an aft penthouse on Deck 10 and decided that it would be heaven on earth for me.

Another note: We've booked an aft penthouse on the Dawn for 2015 and from photos I can tell the bathroom isn't nearly as large or nice as the Sun's. Darn--we'll just have to tough it out.

Edited by BabsinTX

I don't know if the suites are different with their setup, but in 8202 on the Sun there is a shower stall and a completely separate jetted tub with a shower. I liked the cabin so much I've got it booked again for January. :D

Take good care of it for me. I have it booked for Feb 2st. We've been aft on our last 3 cruises so wanted to try the forward PH's this time.

Edited by fergusonvt

We've stayed in aft mini-suite 0267 and in forward penthouse 8002 this past year. Both tubs have sides about two feet high--I measured. I'm tall and not handicapped, but I held onto the towel shelf above the tub to get in and out of the tub. It really needs a grab bar there.

I didn't use the shower in 8002 as it's pretty small and I get claustrophobic. But my husband liked it just fine.

The oddest thing was that the aft mini had much more usable storage space than 8002 did.

I peeked into an aft penthouse on Deck 10 and decided that it would be heaven on earth for me.

Another note: We've booked an aft penthouse on the Dawn for 2015 and from photos I can tell the bathroom isn't nearly as large or nice as the Sun's. Darn--we'll just have to tough it out.

We've been in an aft PH on the Star which is sister to the Dawn. The bathroom wasn't huge but it was adequate. No separate shower just a tub/shower combo.