Allure - Deck 14

We are booked onto the Allure in November and we staying in an inside Cabin on Deck 14.

The position of the cabin is right next to the entrance the Kids avenue leading to all the kids play areas.

We dont plan on being in the cabin during the day and my assumption is that these areas would really go quiet later in the evening? do the kid areas close at specific times?

In addition - do the elevators make much noise - we were assured not - if they did what are the chances of having a cabin move?

Thanks

Col

The staterooms are removed from the elevators, much more so than the deck plans indicate.

This is good to know, i imagined that. Also i would imagine work was done when building the ship to soundproof these areas to avoid complaints..

We are booked onto the Allure in November and we staying in an inside Cabin on Deck 14.

The position of the cabin is right next to the entrance the Kids avenue leading to all the kids play areas.

We dont plan on being in the cabin during the day and my assumption is that these areas would really go quiet later in the evening? do the kid areas close at specific times?

In addition - do the elevators make much noise - we were assured not - if they did what are the chances of having a cabin move?

Thanks

Col

There is no interior cabin on deck 14 that is located "right next to the entrance the Kids avenue".

Would be more concerned with whats above you.

Its on the other side of the elevator 14175.

how do you mean above...the pool? thats shouldn't cause any issues overnight?

They often clean the pool deck during the middle of the night as well as in the extreme early am hours. Also pool parties certain nights. Its always best to try to pick a deck with cabins both above and below you verse public space. Do not assume that they extra sound proof cabins in potential noisy locations.

Edited by bajathree

On Oasis and Allure, I always find that the entrance to the kids area is dead quiet compared to the other ships we've cruised (Freedom and Voyager class). This is because they don't have a huge arcade in front of the kids rooms like the other ships (the kid's arcade is very small, off to the side, doesn't have the noisy games, and I hardly ever see any kids in there, especially at night). So instead of always having kids/teens running around who may not be doing the kids club but are hanging out in the main arcade (that's at the other end of the ship on Oasis/Allure), it's just the kids going in and out with their parents for drop off/pick-up. And once you go into the kids area all of the rooms are self contained with interior entrances, so you really shouldn't get any noise from the kids area.

Can't make any assurances about noise from above though...

I think you will be fine. You are far enough forward to be away from the main pool areas above you and I wouldn't worry about the elevators. Also, you are close to the outside deck above the bridge. Just go all the way forward on the side of the ship your cabin is and you can get out onto a large sun deck.

We sailed on the Allure on the May 18th sailing in stateroom 14170. We were delighted with our room. I am a very light sleeper, but was not bothered at all. In fact, the elevator/stair area on deck 14 was very quiet and only once did I hear faint footsteps from the deck above. Our room attendant was amazing and we would request that stateroom on a return sailing. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Forums mobile app

Yes, you can call and have your stateroom moved to another in your same category. Were you assigned that stateroom from a GTY? You can also pay to upgrade your category. ;)

Hi, We wanted an inside stateroom mainly due to the money - i am tempted to ring and see if we can get an upgrade or a move rooms 'just in case'

Hi, We wanted an inside stateroom mainly due to the money - i am tempted to ring and see if we can get an upgrade or a move rooms 'just in case'

You are usually always able to "upgrade" (based on availability) for a price...change in same catagory cabin locations..easy to do.

Thanks

Col

We have been on the Oasis (sister ship to Allure) several times and always stay on the 14th floor (forward) - especially when we sail the western route. We like to hang out in the solarium area on sea days (3) and it is a short walk up one set of stairs to that area. We have never been bothered by noise from the elevator and we always try to get a room close to the stairs and elevator. The kids program-area is no problem at all. You'll never know it is there. We sail on the Allure in January with a group of 22 and all our rooms are on the 14th floor - 11 rooms in a row right at the entrance to the corridor.