Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and photos.

Thank You for following along. It makes me happy to know that people enjoy my reviews

Really enjoying your review. I have decided to book the Pride for my 60th birthday Jan. 17, 2016 for an 11 day cruise.

Thank You. Oooooo an 11-day cruise now that sounds fun....our longest we did was the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Carnival Dream this past April. I will definitely be doing another longer cruise again....you get to experience more onboard :)

We did an 11-day cruise on two different ships....the Carnival Imagination and the Carnival Sunshine. Does that count as an 11-day cruise??? HAHA

I can't thank you enough for the wonderful review of your trip on the Pride. The pictures are amazing. I live less than an hour from Baltimore and have been to the Inner Harbor many times, but seeing it through your eyes, I want to go back. As for the Pride, I love that ship. Your detailed report and pictures have brought back many wonderful memories of my trips on her. You have a real gift for writing and photography. Can't wait to read more.

Thank You so much. It is wonderful comments like yours is why I enjoy putting these reviews together when I return. They are a lot of work but I enjoy it and it is a great way to re-live your vacation. I know I enjoy reading the reviews of other people so it is only fair that I pay it forward by doing my own ;)

The Inner Harbor is beautiful. There is just something about being on water. It just makes you feel so good....it's like all your worries go away and you just start to have fun.

I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of my review and the next time you head down to the Inner Harbor have a few crab legs for me ;)

Excellent review and photos (as always). Looking forward to more. :)

Thank You :D

Thanks for your review! The Maryland state flag represents the two families that founded Maryland if I'm not mistaken!

Thank You. The Maryland State Flag is beautiful...love the colors

Thank You so much. Your cruise will be here before you know it. I see in your signature that you had previously cruised on the RC Nordic Empress. That was my very first cruise....I guess you can say it is the ship that go me hooked on cruising ;) :p :)

Wasn't the Nordic Empress just gorgeous? For a smaller ship she was really quite something!

OK now back to our regularly scheduled programming :p Day 3 onboard was another Sea Day as we were en route to Grand Turk. Another Sea Day meant more relaxing and enjoying the ship

CarnivalPride-July272014148_zpse11d2b69.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014195_zpsf33d2b98.jpg

Sea Day + Serenity Deck = Lots of Chair Hogs in Full Effect today :p but oh well there were plenty of other places for me to explore on this day

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014196_zps71a32630.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014197_zps231817bc.jpg

This is the nice big bar located right in the Serenity area on Deck 9

Wasn't the Nordic Empress just gorgeous? For a smaller ship she was really quite something!

Yes it was a very pretty ship.....I loved the big glass Atrium windows. I need to go back and look at those pictures from that ship to re-live the ship again. I also just noticed that you have been on the Veendam. That was my Mom and Dad's first cruise was on the Veendam in 2002 to Alaska. I am going to have to check out your review from that cruise

The chair hogs wouldn't be out there much longer....we were about to cruise right on through a Thunderstorm

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014198_zpse5557d72.jpg

Is it sad that I truly enjoyed watching everyone run from their chairs when it started to rain :D

Sea Day + Thunderstorm = No More Chair Hogs :D

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014200_zpsaff97d1c.jpg

Meanwhile back inside the Shore Excursion desk was busy. I don't normally book shore excursions through the Cruise Line because they are often overpriced and with a lot more people. However while we were in Grand Turk I booked my Mom and Dad on the Behind the Scenes Tour in Half Moon Cay.....more to come on that later

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014201_zps13fc9cbd.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014202_zpsb330e9d3.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014206_zpsabb8eec9.jpg

Riding back down on the glass elevators....notice how bright it is in the Steakhouse during the day under those Red Windows from the Funnel

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014207_zps81a86327.jpg

Looking down towards the Atrium

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014208_zps3ed468f6.jpg

I made my way to the Candy Shop. I had a few reasons why I stopped here

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014209_zps59ed1125.jpg

While I was at the Candy Shop I bought the Groove for St. Jude t-shirt and wristband. That is such a great deal for $10.00 and it goes to a great cause.....THANK YOU Carnival for supporting such a great cause.

I also stopped by the candy shop to order a Happy Anniversary cake for my Mom and Dad....more to come on this surprise a little later in the review

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014210_zps689e4473.jpg

The taste bar is located on Deck 2 FWD right by the Perfect Game Sports Bar. I was surprised that the Taste Bar was only open on 3 nights of our cruise

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014212_zps2a0b5b66.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014214_zps225db4c6.jpg

As I passed through the Atrium.....I noticed the board showed that our sea depth was 16,660 foot. That's A LOT of water. We were cruising through the Bahamian Trench

I had been busy exploring all morning by myself so it was now time to meet back up with my mom and dad and see what they were up to

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014215_zps29298a3b.jpg

Whale Tail sour gummies....yes please :D :p One of my purchases from the Candy Shop

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014216_zpsc066a3ee.jpg

Pic is kinda blurry but this is the Beauties Nightclub located on Decks 1 and 2 AFT

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014217_zpse22efc50.jpg

I guess nobody was ready to boogie yet

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014219_zpsbc2425cb.jpg

This was the Raphael Lounge on Deck 3 AFT.....they played a lot trivia back here

Keep it coming Brianna!! I think I'm stuck in a loop. Reading your review, working on mine, reading your review, working on mine...... :D

That is a good loop to be in though :p

THANK YOU.....I am enjoying your review from the Fascination and am looking forward to the one of the Liberty because those are two ships that I have yet to cruise on :)

Awww Sarah you sure know how to make someone feel so special ;) Yeah I am very blessed to have them both as parents.....we may bicker with one another like all families do but in the end we are FAMILY :)

Thanks Again for such kind words....and btw there is no way that you are 55 ;)

LOL..54 for 2 more months...I am not really in my mind...it doesn't even make sense..best and most young years to come..LOL..thanks..:D;).

Hey Brianna! Wonderful review so far! It was great getting to meet you and your parents!! I loved chatting with your dad.

Thank You. Have you and your daughter readjusted to the non-cruise life....haha. When is your next cruise?? My dad loves to chat it up with everybody.

LOL..54 for 2 more months...I am not really in my mind...it doesn't even make sense..best and most young years to come..LOL..thanks..:D;).

That's right. You're only as old you think you are ;-) and some days I feel OLD.....haha

I am also boarding the Pride on Sunday and am from Bucks County, PA.

Have Fun and enjoy your cruise

Who is the Head Maitre D on the Pride ?

Vincente is the current Maître' D on the Pride. He was the Maître D on Deck 3

Hubby just emailed and the reply came from Ken Byrne. My spelling may be off on his last name, but it's Ken, the singing Maitre D.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ken is still on vacation. He isn't the Maître D on the Pride yet. That may be his next contract after vacation.

You would have most likely received the email from Ken because he is Carnival's head Maître D