Passport

rt1092

When researching to get ours a few years back we were told that the months leading up to spring and summer breaks from school are much busier and takes longer for passports to processed. Maybe it's true and you missed the rush. Wonderful, so now you're all set. :D I was worried until ours came in the mail.

I mailed my renewal on 30 July so I guess I should be seeing it this week. I've been checking the status and it says it's being processed, but that doesn't mean it's up to date. Site says 4-6 weeks and it's been 3.5 weeks. 10 years ago it took 2 weeks for my last renewal.

Time for me to give them a call, I mailed mine in for renewal about 6 weeks ago. My check cleared a week a later. About a week ago, I got my cancelled passport back (along with an insert saying my new passport has been issued). No a week later still no new passport

Time for me to give them a call, I mailed mine in for renewal about 6 weeks ago. My check cleared a week a later. About a week ago, I got my cancelled passport back (along with an insert saying my new passport has been issued). No a week later still no new passport

Yes, you do need to call. You normally get your new passport within about a week of your old one.

I didn't know they would mail the old one back to you. Good to know to lookout for both. I sent mine off for renewal on July 7th, so it has now been 7 weeks.

I did do a name change on mine though. Since I'm not cruising until December, I am not in a rush, but it still seems like a long time to process. I looked up the status today and it said it was in the final stages of processing, and should expect it around Aug 30th.

Yes, you do need to call. You normally get your new passport within about a week of your old one.

Gave them a call and they confirmed that is was given the USPS. The helpful woman gave me the tracking number and told me to call/check with the USPS to see what's up. She said then call the passport office back. Checked usps.com and it said the package was delivered a week ago.

Called the passport office again. Told the new representive the results she informed me that I needed to fill out a form DS86 and submit it along with a photocopy of an id with my picture on it.

Now here is the funny part, she said you can't get the form online, you have to go an "acceptance" office. i.e. the larger post office in your area. She gave me the address of a few of them (even though I said I know which ones she was talking about). Then she said that it can be hit or miss in them having the forms.

So what was the first thing I did...google for the form, guess what was first hit? A link to the form on the state department website.

One thing I want to make clear, actually getting through to a representative both times was relatively quick, and they were both very nice and accommodating.

I had signed up for email notification right after I mailed mine in on the State dept website and I just got an email saying my passport was mailed today and I should have it by 8/31. So, just about 4.5 weeks. The email included the tracking number and link to the USPS site. I would suggest anyone who has applied go to State.gov site and use the passport status link. Once you enter your info, it will give you the status and the option for email notification.

I mailed my renewal on 30 July so I guess I should be seeing it this week. I've been checking the status and it says it's being processed, but that doesn't mean it's up to date. Site says 4-6 weeks and it's been 3.5 weeks. 10 years ago it took 2 weeks for my last renewal.

That's the same time I sent our renewals in. DH had his back in 3 weeks and I got mine last Saturday. You can call and speak to someone concerning the status of you passports - a little more updated than the web site.

That's the same time I sent our renewals in. DH had his back in 3 weeks and I got mine last Saturday. You can call and speak to someone concerning the status of you passports - a little more updated than the web site.

See my two posts prior to yours. I got it today. I wasn't worried.