Decorating the Door

cloud9tlf

Can anyone tell me if people decorate the door's on carnival? We have sailed other cruise lines and have always decorated our door so wondered if people did here or would love to know if the door is metal. That way I know what to use to decorate our door.

Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell me if people decorate the door's on carnival? We have sailed other cruise lines and have always decorated our door so wondered if people did here or would love to know if the door is metal. That way I know what to use to decorate our door.

Thanks in advance

Yep! I decorate my door every cruise... I usually use the sticky tac to adhere items to my door. All of the doors I've had have been metal but the magnets aren't always strong enough to hold my items to the door. And I prefer to not have to look at the magnets. :)

I enjoy going deck to deck to check out other decorations. I was a judge on our roll calls door decorating contest last cruise and that was loads of fun!

I did it on the last cruise. Bought a couple of tropical cardboard table centerpieces at a party store and used those pieces. The metallic fringe strips really made my door stand out. People loved it and it's so much easier to find your cabin.

A very small number of doors were decorated so it's not widespread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mzlinda

Will be on the Paradise 9-11... and am decorating my door for the first time... made a scrapbook page 12 by 12 and will make the frame out of sparkly sea color paper, am using painters tape to hang up with, found a regular 12 by 12 scrapbook frame that I would have loved to use, but since I didn't think I could hang that on the door, I am just using the sparkly blue paper to make the frame out of. Only 17 more days till we cruise!! ;)

We will be sailing on the Valor October 5. I plan on decorating our door for the first time. I will decorate to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I also plan on ordering the decorations from CCL so that the inside of the cabin will be decorated when we arrive. For our PCL cruise back in April, I just made a little sign that went above the mail box outside the door that had a decorative background to match the area to where we were sailing (California Coastal/Wine Country) and the dates of the cruise. I took a picture of it which made for a great "cover photo" on the picture CD. I wish more people would do this. I think it's fun to look at the different and creative ideas people use.

Always decorate our door. I just laminate a couple different pictures from previous trips and attach with looped tape. Easy peasy everything is flat and always have a roll of tape with me. Makes it a lot easier to find the cabin after a few adult cocktails. Neighbors have also stopped me in the hall to thank me for the directions (lol).

I've never decorated our door but now I totally will! I seriously feel like you are a genius! Why have I never thought of this before? This will definitely make it easier to find the door after a few beverages.:D

have decorated door every cruise. one cruise i was sailing with a friend from Australia , i did a story theme how we meet, all the vacations we have taken together, all the countries we have had the pleasure visiting, and when we will meet up again. it was quite the story.:D

this coming cruise sailing again with another friend from australia, my son and his girlfriend and we are doing a Pirate theme. ay matey... i purchased all the materials for the door within days of booking this cruise. It is already in luggage..

I love doing our doors , I also do a white board on everyones door so we can leave messages for each other, we usually end up with greetings from other guest.

have fun do it

On my last cruise I did not see any on my hall, I did however decorate and it made a huge difference when DH was stumbling back to our cabin. There were a lot of random people signing my dryerase magnets, I loved it.

We're on Freedom last October, decorated Halloween theme. You can get items at the dollar tree, so if someone steals them, it's no big deal. Going on Conquest this October, haven't decided the theme. It does seem as though there is little participation. We were on spa deck and the only ones to decorate.

We cruised over Halloween last year and I decorated... Just some pumpkins etc.

We had many compliments and made it so much easier for our kids to find the door.

Our neighbors had a motion activated, screeching skeleton... :eek:

We did it once with a vertical, custom made banner from an online party store for our son's 1st cruise/4th of July. It was under $20 I think and fit the door perfectly. We used command hooks and fun tak to hang it.

The first family cruise we did once our kids were old enough to do their own thing, we left a piece of paper and a pen taped to the door so that we could leave notes for our kids and vice versa (we had two cabins, so two doors).

Last month on the Breeze, we did a step better. We brought colored paper, which we taped to the door using green (painters') tape. We had a pen with a string tied around it with the string taped to the top and inside of the door.

It didn't take long before random people started leaving random notes. We had to add a new page every day. We started posting a "question of the day". We even had a few people bring colored pencil crayons and draw elaborate pictures. We became known around the ship as "the people with the door".

Our kids would meet new friends who would say, "you've got to come with us to see the cabin with the door". Once they heard what that was, they would say, "oh, yeah, that's our cabin".

Next time we're planning to get brown butcher paper to wrap the entire door.

I have always wanted to write on those dry boards.....now I will. And I may decorate this time. I was jealous on our last princess cruise bc they decorate all the doors with celebrations. It was cool seeing how many birthdays and such there were.

My first attempt was this past July, on our Breeze cruise.

I found some REALLY cute decorations at the Dollar Store. Perfect.

Figured while I was there, I would get the "sticky" stuff.

BIG mistake.

No sooner did I hang them up, DH, opened the door to see if our luggage arrived and two were already on the floor.:mad::mad:

Invest if the 3M brand or something good..

Don't buy it at the dollar store..

Lesson learned for next time.