Celebrity Solstice Celebrity Suite 1112

waverleycruiser

Thinking of booking a Celebrity Suite 1112 on the Solstice but concerned that there may be considerable noise from the Atrium and also from heavy foot traffic, being near the stairs and elevators. Have read too that noise from the Atrium almost renders the Library useless. Can anyone out there share their experiences please.

We were on Eclipse in a PH on the 2012/13 New Year's cruise. Eclipse was he ship with the most complaints about loud music at the time so, being a NYE cruise, we expected the worst. OK, we were a few floors higher than you but it was quiet and peaceful the whole time. We are going to be back in the same room in a few months so we clearly are not worried about any noise.

We were in 1114, (next door) on Silhouette last year and never had any problems with noise from the atrium in the cabin. Generally the library is pretty quiet and the noise from the atrium , which did penetrate obtrusively to the library in the evening due to the band playing in the atrium, was not noticeable in the cabin . Noise from the Atrium into the Library was not a regular problem during the day only in the evening. The only problem you may have is that the door to 1112 is right opposite the entrance to the corridor and therefore when you open the suite door, people entering the corridor at that moment may have a view straight into the suite. This may or may not concern you?

Thinking of booking a Celebrity Suite 1112 on the Solstice but concerned that there may be considerable noise from the Atrium and also from heavy foot traffic, being near the stairs and elevators. Have read too that noise from the Atrium almost renders the Library useless. Can anyone out there share their experiences please.

Welcome to our Scottish friend for using these Cruise Critic boards. Earlier this year, we were on the Solstice in a Celebrity Suite (1233, right nearby to your potential 1112). We had absolutely no noise problems from the Atrium, elevators, excessive foot traffic, etc. Super great location that is so totally handy and wonderful. Having that added room in a Celebrity Suite worked very well during our busy 14-day cruise from Australia to New Zealand. More details on the Solstice can be seen on the below posting with many helpful visuals.

Let us know any added questions, info needs. Happy to share more.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a “Solstice: Visuals, Highlights Shared!” summary from two different adventures on this ship with many pictures and other details on its many options. This includes our recent Australia to New Zealand sailing. Check it out, including these recent updates, at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Now at 23,698 views for this posting.

Thank you all for your very helpful feedback. Think we might just be persuaded to book the CS (getting into the lingo now!)

Glad to hear that we are helping the process. Which cruise, for how long and where? Make sure Celebrity sends us our commission checks for all on these board who helped. Just kidding! Keep the questions rolling along. Happy to share more.

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,433 views for this fun posting.

Edited by TLCOhio

CS 1112 on The Solstice is on Deck 10... Near the Atrium & the Library.

We were in C2 1120 (4 doors down) on The Solstice in January 2012, Other side of the hump, and equally close to the Elevators and the open area, and noise was never an issue for us.

I would book again in an instant without question.

Fabulous location.

And if Elise is still aboard and your Cabin Steward you are in for a real treat... She was a gem!!

Cheers!

We were in CS 1620 on Eqinox in June. It is the floor up and just the other side of the hump and the noise from the atrium was almost non existent so not of any real concern. As your planning on a CS the bedroom is again behind another door so don't worry about noise

Enjoy the benefits of Micheals club and depending when you are planning your cruise the suite dining may be up and running. Even better :-)

We had a CS in this location on the Solstice last year and had no trouble with noise or traffic. As I recall there are sliding doors between the corridor and the atrium (think Star Trek) which keeps out the music from below. If I wanted to be really picky the only issues we had was the women it the suite next door hanging her unmentionables over the dividing door on the balcony to dry some days and that the butler used to wedge the stateroom door open while he served you the afternoon goodies which sometimes attracted passer-by's.:D

Thanks for your feedback. You obviously enjoyed staying in the C2 cabin so can you tell me how roomy was the cabin? Reading the brochure and looking at photographs and sketches is one thing - but feedback from a fellow traveller is worth its weight in gold!QUOTE=Sloop-JohnB;43891654]CS 1112 on The Solstice is on Deck 10... Near the Atrium & the Library.

We were in C2 1120 (4 doors down) on The Solstice in January 2012, Other side of the hump, and equally close to the Elevators and the open area, and noise was never an issue for us.

I would book again in an instant without question.

Fabulous location.

And if Elise is still aboard and your Cabin Steward you are in for a real treat... She was a gem!!

Cheers!

First & foremost... C2 1120 is not a Celebrity Suite (CS)... It is a Concierge C2

You can read more about my findings on the S-Ship Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of the Forum (Solstice 1120)

Additionally after my cruise I posted this topic about the Cabin Storage on S-Class Ships

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1560620

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Glad to hear that we are helping the process. Which cruise, for how long and where? Make sure Celebrity sends us our commission checks for all on these board who helped. Just kidding! Keep the questions rolling along. Happy to share more.

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,433 views for this fun posting.

We are doing Aukland - Sydney which must the same cruise you enjoyed but in the other direction. Not until 2015 I'm afraid as it was fully booked for this year.

Thanks Sloop-JohnB. I had realised C2 1120 was a concierge class cabin and I was interested to hear how spacious you felt it was to live in. We will be on a 12 day cruise and will most likely be spending a fair bit of time in the cabin and we wondered if C2 had enough room for two 'not too slim' people to lounge round in. Your info re the measurements was very helpful by the way!

Thanks Sloop-JohnB. I had realised C2 1120 was a concierge class cabin and I was interested to hear how spacious you felt it was to live in. We will be on a 12 day cruise and will most likely be spending a fair bit of time in the cabin and we wondered if C2 had enough room for two 'not too slim' people to lounge round in. Your info re the measurements was very helpful by the way!

Concierge Class Cabins on the S-Class Cabins are 194 sq feet (see the schematic layout & other info here on Celebrity's Website = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-solstice#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-solstice/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-sl-cc )

Mr Sloop is a relatively tall man (over 6 ft), and I an average height woman with a somewhat larger frame

Neither of us had any issues getting around the cabin (ie past the bottom of the bed - uncomfortable in the shower etc)

I think Celebrity has done a good job overall with how they have set up the cabins on the S-Class Ships.

We did find our recent cruise in Concierge Class on the M-Class more Summit more awkward... Especially the front hallway part of the cabin where it seemed all the doorways opened onto one another... Closet Doors - Bathroom Door - Cabin Door. That felt crowded and at times inconvenient as one of us often had to move / alter what we were doing to let the other by.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... You might want to check out one of the many online video tours that shows an S-Class Balcony Cabin to get a better feel for the room... Here is a one that WALLIE5446 posted recently on the forum that I think is especially good / comprehensive

You can GOOGLE yourself and find others, be they for specific Ships, Stateroom Categories, or even Cabin Numbers

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

You received lots of good info in previous postings and I will add my vote for it being a good choice. The location of 1112 is excellent in all regards. We have personally stayed in CS 1112 on Eclipse twice. Although diff ship I checked the footprint of decks of the two and it is the same location on both ships as far as I can ascertain. We have also sailed in CS 1110 (angled balcony - bit larger as I remember)on Solstice, RS 1239 on Solstice and RS 1118 on Eclipse. Equinox was 1110. Each of these cabins are "clustered" near library and elevators and super convenient to nearly everything or at least where we go with a nice walk to either the bow or aft..

There was not any excessive foot traffic nor any noise from other passengers that we were bothered by at all; the sliding doors have been silent and kept any noise from the Atrium out of hallway and cabin. The upper library was usually fairly full in Alaska June 2013 and we frequently had quite a few family members gathered there in mid-late evening (game room normally filled also); even the music from Atrium was not a distraction for conversation (when readers were not present) in the Library.

It is very true that frequently some passengers either peek in or actually walk in when the door is propped open but from experience we know that the entryways to cabins are well monitored by personnel and cameras. Solstice security asked us to make a through observation of cabin for items we may have left out in view and others locked away. Nothing was missing that we could account for but some action had caused great concern for staff.

On a side note: If you book, I am confident that you will enjoy the space and perks that go along with but please be aware that all butlers are not created equal and have different levels of service. We are low maintenance cruisers except for breakfast a few days and a special request for afternoon ice or other things that a stateroom attendant would also do. That said we are looking forward to the new utilization Michael's Club in just a few days on Summit in a Celebrity Suite. Michael's was enjoyed on prior cruise in its varying concepts except as a cigar bar...

We are doing Aukland - Sydney which must the same cruise you enjoyed but in the other direction. Not until 2015 I'm afraid as it was fully booked for this year.

Lots of great things to see and do, BOTH in New Zealand AND Australia. Be sure to consider the option of doing the two-day, Queenstown overnight "adventure". Also consider how early in advance of your departure to arrive in Auckland allowing adjustment of your body clock and seeing NZ sights there. Then, how much time for Sydney and Australia after your cruise? Plan and think carefully on your timing. Get your money's worth and time value to be flying that far. Happy to answer any more questions, provide added info, etc.

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,614 views for this fun posting.

Luckily we will be travelling to, and spending time in, NZ before we join the ship in Aukland. We know Sydney pretty well and have a long agenda for visits there too, prior to our eventual destination - Singapore. The cruise will be the delicious meat in the Sandwich!

• 2 weeks later...
You received lots of good info in previous postings and I will add my vote for it being a good choice. The location of 1112 is excellent in all regards. We have personally stayed in CS 1112 on Eclipse twice. Although diff ship I checked the footprint of decks of the two and it is the same location on both ships as far as I can ascertain. We have also sailed in CS 1110 (angled balcony - bit larger as I remember)on Solstice, RS 1239 on Solstice and RS 1118 on Eclipse. Equinox was 1110. Each of these cabins are "clustered" near library and elevators and super convenient to nearly everything or at least where we go with a nice walk to either the bow or aft..

There was not any excessive foot traffic nor any noise from other passengers that we were bothered by at all; the sliding doors have been silent and kept any noise from the Atrium out of hallway and cabin. The upper library was usually fairly full in Alaska June 2013 and we frequently had quite a few family members gathered there in mid-late evening (game room normally filled also); even the music from Atrium was not a distraction for conversation (when readers were not present) in the Library.

It is very true that frequently some passengers either peek in or actually walk in when the door is propped open but from experience we know that the entryways to cabins are well monitored by personnel and cameras. Solstice security asked us to make a through observation of cabin for items we may have left out in view and others locked away. Nothing was missing that we could account for but some action had caused great concern for staff.

On a side note: If you book, I am confident that you will enjoy the space and perks that go along with but please be aware that all butlers are not created equal and have different levels of service. We are low maintenance cruisers except for breakfast a few days and a special request for afternoon ice or other things that a stateroom attendant would also do. That said we are looking forward to the new utilization Michael's Club in just a few days on Summit in a Celebrity Suite. Michael's was enjoyed on prior cruise in its varying concepts except as a cigar bar...

Thanks for your great detailed info. As you have actually stayed in CS 1112 on the Eclipse (and the layout of the ship looks exactly like that on the Solstice), can you tell me please - if you can remember! - is the bedroom on the left or the right as you enter the cabin? I've seen videos of both layout and am keen to know which way round 1112 is.