Cheap and Fun

punkin35

Can anyone reccomend something cheap and fun to do wile in port?

We will be there from 8am-6pm on Wednesday, September 17th.

Looking for something inexpensive that the whole family will enjoy. Kids are 10 & 13 years old.

Thanks!

Take a local bus ($2 per person each way) to Maho Beach and watch the planes land. Or take the same bus to Mullet Bay for a nicer beach and walk to Maho Beach in the early afternoon when the bigger planes arrive.

For a family of 4 the TOTAL cost is $16. Does not get a whole lot cheaper than that.

Take a local bus ($2 per person each way) to Maho Beach and watch the planes land. Or take the same bus to Mullet Bay for a nicer beach and walk to Maho Beach in the early afternoon when the bigger planes arrive.

For a family of 4 the TOTAL cost is $16. Does not get a whole lot cheaper than that.

This is a great choice. Not sure if this is within your budget but you can take the same bus and get off at the boathouse restaurant in Simpson Bay and rent a small motor boat and explore the Simpson Bay Lagoon for $100 for 3 hours. We did this and stopped in Marigot for a while and shopped the market and stopped at Serafina's Bakery. You could also stop at port of Cupecoy and tie the boat and go for a swim across the street at Cupecoy beach. You need to replace the gas that you use.

Totally agree

Can anyone reccomend something cheap and fun to do wile in port?

We will be there from 8am-6pm on Wednesday, September 17th.

Looking for something inexpensive that the whole family will enjoy. Kids are 10 & 13 years old.

Thanks!

The kids would absolutely love seeing the planes land and take off at Maho Beach. There are other you tube videos you can view.

Totally agree

The kids would absolutely love seeing the planes land and take off at Maho Beach. There are other you tube videos you can view.

Thank you all! I agree, I think the kids would love seeing the planes, and so would I. That is certainly cheap enough too! :D

Thank you all! I agree, I think the kids would love seeing the planes, and so would I. That is certainly cheap enough too! :D

You can also take the bus past Maho to near the next beach which is the beautiful Mullet Bay beach. If you have snorkeling gear there are fish to see over by the rocks on the left. Retrace your bus route and walk over to Maho. The walk is easy and interesting and takes no more than 15 minutes. Mullet is one of my faviorite beaches and plane and people watching at Maho one of my faviorite activities so this combo makes for an ideal way to spend a day on the island.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a great choice. Not sure if this is within your budget but you can take the same bus and get off at the boathouse restaurant in Simpson Bay and rent a small motor boat and explore the Simpson Bay Lagoon for $100 for 3 hours. We did this and stopped in Marigot for a while and shopped the market and stopped at Serafina's Bakery. You could also stop at port of Cupecoy and tie the boat and go for a swim across the street at Cupecoy beach. You need to replace the gas that you use.

Thank you, Karysa! I rented a small Boston Whaler in Bermuda a couple of years ago and had the best excursion ever (in 34 cruises). I wasn't aware that we could do the same in St. Maarten until I read your post. We have rented one of the boats for the entire day on October 21, and are really looking forward to it. Thanks again for sharing.

You can also take the bus past Maho to near the next beach which is the beautiful Mullet Bay beach. If you have snorkeling gear there are fish to see over by the rocks on the left. Retrace your bus route and walk over to Maho. The walk is easy and interesting and takes no more than 15 minutes. Mullet is one of my faviorite beaches and plane and people watching at Maho one of my faviorite activities so this combo makes for an ideal way to spend a day on the island.

Where do you catch the bus from the ship? Which bus?

Where do you catch the bus from the ship? Which bus?

To catch the $2 bus (which are all minivans) from the pier, you need to walk into town to Back St. which runs parallel to Front St. in Philipsburg, very easy to find. It's about a 15-20 min walk from your ship to Back St.

The license plate will indicate *BUS* and will have a sign in the window for Maho. If the bus (minivan) indicates Mullet, you can ask the driver if he'll take you to Maho.

If taking the bus back to the pier from Maho, ask the driver exactly where you should wait for the return bus back to Philipsburg.

We are going to catch the bus to maho beach and watch the planes for a few hours but we want to catch a taxi back to the ship will there be plenty of taxi's at maho and how much will it be :)

There are more than enough taxis at Maho to take you back to the pier, so please don't worry. You will hear the taxi drivers asking if anyone needs a ride back to the ship every 10 mins. Cost for 2 people would be $18 total. The taxis try to fill up with other passengers so depending how many people fill that taxi up will determine the price.

To catch the $2 bus (which are all minivans) from the pier, you need to walk into town to Back St. which runs parallel to Front St. in Philipsburg, very easy to find. It's about a 15-20 min walk from your ship to Back St.

The license plate will indicate *BUS* and will have a sign in the window for Maho. If the bus (minivan) indicates Mullet, you can ask the driver if he'll take you to Maho.

If taking the bus back to the pier from Maho, ask the driver exactly where you should wait for the return bus back to Philipsburg.

If the bus says Mullet, it has to pass through Maho, so just ask to get off there. Same price.

gary