OBC for shore excursions only?

jasbo49

Greetings.

We have B2B getaway cruises booked in October. Both were booked through the Princess website and each offered $25 OBC per person. So we have $100 onboard credit coming.

I looked at the details of our booking a couple of days ago and saw, under "payments and credits," that the credit was all in the form of "Shore Excursions credit."

There was nothing on the original booking that hinted the OBC was restricted, and there is nothing I can find now.

I called and talked to a nice young guy named Matt. He said it was the first he'd heard of it, but maybe I could talk to the purser once we were on board and and explain we'd like to use that credit for general purposes, as we assumed by the original website come-on. So, not really a resolution, just a bit of hope.

Matt did say he'd look into the promotion that offered OBC without specifying it was only good for shore excursion.

Has anyone else dealt with this? The offer was simply OBC (you can check the Princess website now), but once you're signed up, it's OBC strictly for excursions.

We've been to San Diego and Ensenada a dozen times. We might want to do an excursion, but we might not. I'd rather use the credit for wine with dinner, etc.

Jim

when you board check your statement and see what it says, then you'll know whether you need to bother at the purser's (yes, I still call them that) desk. I doubt you will have to allocate it to shore excursion only. then again, there's no rhyme nor reason to some of the changes lately.

We had OBC from a promotion that offered $100 Excursion Dollars for each person. We did not book any excursions, apart from a $16pp shuttle bus and the balance of the credit was applied to our on board account.

I just booked (and paid for) a short coastal directly with Princess online. The booking has $50 OBC as part of the deal. My travel summary lists it as "Onboard Credit Promotion", with no apparent restrictions. Under payments and credits, it just says "Onboard Credit". Perhaps yours is just a glitch in the system. Did you try looking at your online summary to see how it shows up there? Just a thought, since mine varied a bit in wording from one place to the other.

Edited by Ryndam2002

The small print on the special offers that included OBC for shore excursions said "Any credit not used for shore excursions will be applied toward the stateroom account balance."

Thanks, caribill (and everyone else). I still can't find this clause in the fine print, but if you did, I'll assume all's well. Thanks again.

Jim

We had the shore excursion credit for our AK cruise in June. It was applied to our OBC as a regular OBC after the first day. It didn't have to be used for shore excursions.

Same with the free specialty dining OBC. It went straight onto our acct. as an OBC after I talked with room service. Took about 3 days to get applied though.

I still can't find this clause in the fine print, but if you did, I'll assume all's well. Thanks again.

It was buried in the middle of a very small print footnote which was one of several very small print footnotes about various offers.