Rita's Cantina Fiesta Question

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the fiesta I am hoping someone can help me with. Does any recent Allure cruisers know if the fiesta is still offered? If so how far in advance did you book it?

I would like to do it but can not find anywhere to reserve it online. All the other restaurant reservations are showing up online. I called and spoke with two different reps at Royal who were not able to locate it either, one of them even went as far as saying he didn't know if it was even offered anymore.

Any insight or advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. We leave on 11/16

Thanks in advance

What exactly is that? wondering if it would be something we should be interested in? Been on the Oasis, but not the Allure, however we sail on the her in May of 2015. Thanx. :)

What exactly is that? wondering if it would be something we should be interested in? Been on the Oasis, but not the Allure, however we sail on the her in May of 2015. Thanx. :)

From Royal's website:

NEW

Rita’s Fiesta, a reservation-only themed party in Rita’s Cantina featuring the restaurant’s most popular dishes and three non-alcoholic beverages for a cover charge of $10 per guest or three alcoholic beverages for a cover charge of $20 per guest

If I have a drink package could I purchase the $10 fiesta but still order alcohol drinks covered in the package?

I don't think I've ever seen this addressed before.

Yes, your drink package can be used at the Fiesta.

You will be able to make reservations at the 60 days before your cruise point. I would go ahead and make them ahead of time as they tend to fill up fast.

We made our reservations for our upcoming Allure cruise 59 days before. It will show up on your dinner reservations at that time. You can pick the $20 that includes alcoholic drinks or $10 that does has non alcoholic drinks.

Since there us a Rita's on Brilliance, do they have this? How is the food as well? Some Mexican food can be mediocre.

I believe the Fiesta is only on Allure now. The Rita's on Radiance class ships does not serve a full menu, just appetizers.

The food was ok, not spectacular but not bad.

We did it on embarkation night so it was kind of an extended sailaway evening :)

One of our party didn't drink so we each took one of her drink tickets and had 4 each, did a little dancing out on the boardwalk, it was fun.

We are less than 60 before we cruise and I am unable to find Rita's Cantina anywhere. Can you help?

You will be able to make reservations at the 60 days before your cruise point. I would go ahead and make them ahead of time as they tend to fill up fast.

We made our reservations for our upcoming Allure cruise 59 days before. It will show up on your dinner reservations at that time. You can pick the $20 that includes alcoholic drinks or $10 that does has non alcoholic drinks.

We are less than 60 before we cruise and I am unable to find Rita's Cantina anywhere. Can you help?

Pull up your reservation on line "view reservation", then under cruise planner "click on dining" and Rita's Cantina should be there. I just pulled mine up again to be sure and it is the last restaurant listed. Click on make reservation and you should see the times and prices listed for Rita's.

If it is not showing up on your reservation, then I would call the 800# and let them make the reservation for you.

When it comes to the Oasis class ships people will say a specific number of days before a cruise it is available, but that isn't 100% correct. Having spent a total of about 3 years participating in Roll calls for my Allure cruises, I started reading the roll calls of those a few weeks ahead of me and on Oasis as well mainly looking for people to mention that reservations would open up. I saw on numerous occasions where two or three consecutive cruises woud become available the same day, so what was 45 days ahead for one was 59 days for another. The Oasis cruise the day before my Allure cruise opened up a week after ours did. There is definitely a window of the dates when they are available. One reason I like roll calls. Someone will always be checking and notifying when something happens.

PS- Rumors (FWIW) is that Rita's could be replaced with something else during its drydock. My 2nd time on Allure the theme of the cruise was one of doing everything we didn't do the first time. With the exception of the All-Access tour Rita's is the only other thing I haven't done.

Edited by BillOh

Is this the spot?

Pull up your reservation on line "view reservation", then under cruise planner "click on dining" and Rita's Cantina should be there. I just pulled mine up again to be sure and it is the last restaurant listed. Click on make reservation and you should see the times and prices listed for Rita's.

If it is not showing up on your reservation, then I would call the 800# and let them make the reservation for you.

dining.JPG.0335138c34c5843d5a043fdb360d2b73.JPG

I also tired here.

rclrita.JPG.a4acea650ef2eb258ea1ce01c9eb4240.JPG

I also wanted to make reservations for the cupcake class and that is not showing up either. :(

Thanks for the tips and pointers everyone, I will check periodically until the cruise. But it seems like based on what everyone has said I will have no problem booking on the ship. When I called Royal, I was told it was probably booked up, but based on what you guys all said I don't think that is the case.

Thanks again