On Royal, are cabin doors magnetic on the outside?

Greyt Mom

Greetings...

I want to send along a medium size photo with my parents -- hopefully with magnets on the back for easy hanging -- to help them easily find their cabin...they are in a long stretch of cabins. My dad is not the most patient "navigator". :eek:

I don't want to marr the new ship & magnets are so easy. The picture would be 10"x14" at the most...just a photo of their dog.

Thanks...Sarah

Greetings...

I want to send along a medium size photo with my parents -- hopefully with magnets on the back for easy hanging -- to help them easily find their cabin...they are in a long stretch of cabins. My dad is not the most patient "navigator". :eek:

I don't want to marr the new ship & magnets are so easy. The picture would be 10"x14" at the most...just a photo of their dog.

Thanks...Sarah

They definitely are on the inside and I believe they are on the outside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Yes. Definitely magnetic doors. I bring magnets so I can tack my roll call list, excursion schedule, tour tickets, itinerary, etc. on the wall inside. I have also used magnets on my door. FYI, if you bring magnets, be careful where you pack them. You don't want to have them near electronics or your credit cards. :)

If you have 'fridge' magnets bring them. Since they are small they work very well!

Anyone can print a picture on the magnet sheets one can buy for your printer. Or, less costly, the business card size magnets just put the amount you need to cover on the back of the photo.

Lynne

I found that the magnets don't always hold when I shut the door. And yes I try not to let the door slam. We have a dry erase board to communicate with our other travelers. Maybe it's too heavy.

A handy trick: The wall with your mail slot is also magnetic. You can put to there as well. And depending on which way it faces they might see it before the actual door so they know the are "getting closer".

I appreciate your responses and reminders...blue tape is going as a compromise to Duct tape...long battle before their cruise last year! :eek:

I tried to pick a photo/image that isn't too personal, doesn't have any personal info and isn't too tacky/gaudy, a fire hazard or something that might get in the way of the cabin steward.

Sophie is my parents' 106 lb Schnoodle. (Giant Schnauzer / Standard Poodle mix) She is most definitely the princess of the house. I thought it seems fitting that "Princess Sophie" tag along on the Royal Princess. :cool:

I've attached a couple of photos from my phone of Sophie if anyone needs an image for your next door marker...see, quite the princess :D

My dad isn't much for electronic things so the photo will go in his bag - laminated so it won't bend or wrinkle.

Safe, fun and relaxing travels to all of you. :)

0904131050a.jpg.1847c34bf401a46922b9083030a39f40.jpg

0818131141.jpg.bb9aaa8a393dd2649a7dae030dd8ebd9.jpg

Glad the blue painters' tape will work for you. The cabin stewards seem to be okay with it, as it leaves no marks whatsoever. Magnets can sometimes scrape the paint if dragged or if 'snapped' into place. The painters' tape is easy to throw away when you're done with it too. And, if you forget your lint roller, it works for that as well. ;)