Very Merrytime Cruise

MMfan14

On 7 night cruises we had "Make a Gingerbread House" (tickets free from Guest Services but must have ticket--1 per family/cabin. If a family is more than 4, you'll be able to get more than 1 kit. Christmas caroling, characters in holiday costume, lighting of Christmas tree ceremony, ship, terminal and Castaway Cay beautifully decorated, story time with Mrs. Santa Claus. On the cruise that actually incorporates Christmas, there is a Christmas dinner and gift from DCL. I'm probably forgetting some....

Decorations include a HUGE gingerbread house--amazing just to see. A few years ago it didn't have to be roped off, but some people can't keep their hands off anything......

On 7 night cruises we had "Make a Gingerbread House" (tickets free from Guest Services but must have ticket--1 per family/cabin. If a family is more than 4' date=' you'll be able to get more than 1 kit. Christmas caroling, characters in holiday costume, lighting of Christmas tree ceremony, ship, terminal and Castaway Cay beautifully decorated, story time with Mrs. Santa Claus. On the cruise that actually incorporates Christmas, there is a Christmas dinner and gift from DCL. I'm probably forgetting some....

Decorations include a HUGE gingerbread house--amazing just to see. A few years ago it didn't have to be roped off, but some people can't keep their hands off anything......[/quote']

We are cruising the Fantasy the 29th of November- 6th of December- will these activities occur then also, or is it just surrounding Christmas week??

It is the entire holiday season. There are a few special activities on the Christmas cruise' date=' but most are the entire season starting at Thanksgiving and extending thru New Year's.[/quote']

I second that. We are booked on the Fantasy for the week of Thanksgiving (Nov 22 - 29) and were told by the DCL rep that the Thanksgiving cruise is the first Very Merry Time cruise of the year. She did say that the only thing that may not be ready for our sailing is the giant Gingerbread house, but everything else (Story time, Tree lighting, costumes) would be there.

-E

I second that. We are booked on the Fantasy for the week of Thanksgiving (Nov 22 - 29) and were told by the DCL rep that the Thanksgiving cruise is the first Very Merry Time cruise of the year. She did say that the only thing that may not be ready for our sailing is the giant Gingerbread house, but everything else (Story time, Tree lighting, costumes) would be there.

-E

We cruised last year on Nov 17 and all the Christmas decorations were up, we were greeted my cast members in holiday hats and scarfs. Even Castaway Cay was holiday ready with trees and decorated trams.

They were starting the Gingerbread House display while we were on board. It was fun seeing it transform from bare bones into a beautiful display.

This year, being a week earlier, I am not sure we'll see that or if we'll just be between Halloween and Christmas decorations.

This is my first Disney cruise and we are cruising the week of Christmas! Sooooo excited! I've also heard there is religious services on Christmas Eve as well as cookies/milk in your cabin. I can't wait for photo opps for my Christmas card for next year! Ha!

I looked for the roll call for this cruise but there isn't one. Does anyone start it or who?

This is my first Disney cruise and we are cruising the week of Christmas! Sooooo excited! I've also heard there is religious services on Christmas Eve as well as cookies/milk in your cabin. I can't wait for photo opps for my Christmas card for next year! Ha!

I looked for the roll call for this cruise but there isn't one. Does anyone start it or who?

Just head on over to the Roll Call forum. If there isn't a roll call started, then you can do it. Just start a new thread (be sure to include ship and date in the subject line) and say "here's our roll call".

We cruised last year on Nov 17 and all the Christmas decorations were up, we were greeted my cast members in holiday hats and scarfs. Even Castaway Cay was holiday ready with trees and decorated trams.

They were starting the Gingerbread House display while we were on board. It was fun seeing it transform from bare bones into a beautiful display.

This year, being a week earlier, I am not sure we'll see that or if we'll just be between Halloween and Christmas decorations.

I toured the Dream last year on Nov. 7th and the ship was already decorated for Christmas.

• 1 month later...