Online Check-in - arrival/departure method/times?

JustAGirl79

I've never gone through the Celebrity online check-in process before, but I'm trying to do it now for my January cruise. When it asks for arrival/departure times/information - is that relating to when we will arrive at/leave from the ship itself (i.e. embarkation and disembarkation) OR when we're arriving/leaving from the port city?

We're flying into FLL from Canada the day before our cruise. Do we put our flight info into the online check in or the time at which we expect to arrive at port the day the cruise begins?

We're flying into FLL, but taking a taxi to port from our hotel. So how are we "arriving"?

This is probably a silly question for you experienced cruisers! :confused:

For our cruise out of San Juan we are also arriving a day early so when I did the check in I put the arrival flights (day and time) even though they are the day before we cruise and the departure flights day and time. I assume they are not wanting to know the exact minute you will be arriving at the port to board so......I gave them what we booked!!

I always fill that portion out even though I'm sure it doesn't make any difference. For my October cruise from Harwich on the 13th I am flying to London on the 9th. Make that a maybe. My daughter is a flight attendant so I fly stand-by.

not sure if this is a stupid question but why would you fill out the online check in now for January?

It is not a stupid question....but I always go on line and fill out all

my information after I book my cruise:D....why do it early? Why not?:)

It's never let me skip it but it's so ridiculous, I just make stuff up. Why they make you put that in is beyond me, no one ever looks at it!
Maybe they want it for people who book their travel arrangements through the cruise line and need hotel or transfer vouchers.

We make all our own travel arrangements, so we always skip that section.

For online check-in we fill in only the information that is required and skip all the parts that are optional.