Dear Host Andy

hammo

So far, my experience has been different than many of these posts. I feel like we must have been one of the lucky ones. I hope everything will still be in order when we reach the dock in Yokohama.

In January, 2014 I booked an October, 2014 Northeast Asia Millennium cruise with a travel agent. My reservation showed up on the website about two days later. All the shore excursions show up on the proper day even though the original itinerary was changed. All available extra beverage and dining packages show up also. At about the 75 day mark I completed the Express Pass section and printed out my Express Pass. The next event will be to print out luggage tags at the 49 day mark.

This will be our first Celebrity cruise (except for a pre-web 1999 cruise on Zenith).

Tom

Good for you Tom . Sadly here it is very different - cannot even see the reservation on-line . Cannot see the beverage package, OBC , etc . Cant see the ports of call or look at shore excursions. Cant purchase any specialty dining, all because I CAN"T SEE THE RESERVATION ON THE CELEBRITY WEBSITE !!:mad: ( ps you will enjoy Millennium )

Good for you Tom . Sadly here it is very different - cannot even see the reservation on-line . Cannot see the beverage package, OBC , etc . Cant see the ports of call or look at shore excursions. Cant purchase any specialty dining, all because I CAN"T SEE THE RESERVATION ON THE CELEBRITY WEBSITE !!:mad: ( ps you will enjoy Millennium )

Hammo,

I don't know much about websites but I see you are in Australia and wonder if there is any difference between using the celebritycruises.com and celebritycruises.com.au I would be very frustrated if I could not see my reservation online.

Tom

Hammo,

I don't know much about websites but I see you are in Australia and wonder if there is any difference between using the celebritycruises.com and celebritycruises.com.au I would be very frustrated if I could not see my reservation online.

Tom

I have 2 cruises booked none show and I am from the us.

Ok, add us to the crowd that has issues with the X web site. In our case, our reservation does show when we log onto on Celebrity Account. But any attempt to retrieve this reservation, access the online check-in, of do anything else keeps getting an error message that the system cannot access our reservation at this time. Unfortunately, "at this time" has been several weeks. But fear not fellow CC ers. We expect X will fix this problem sometime in the next few months (we hope). We assume that all their competent computer folks are away cruising :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Hammo,

Tom

Hey Tom ,

Yes I have tried both the US site and the Aussie site with the same result . Sadly . I really do miss not being able to access the reservation .

Being in Australia has nothing to do being unable to access our Reservations - Celebrity Head Office and Captains Club have been unable to access my booking, mine amongst probably hundreds of others - and frankly it detracts my my Celebrity Experience before I set foot on board the ship even ...

OK ,

Last post on this from me and I give up . Sadly the Celebrity website remains a no-go area for us - no reservations showing despite our 3 cabin payments and no enjoyment for us in pre-planning , adding to the cruise with extras like Specialty Dining , shore excursions etc. Despite the lack of interest in fixing this from Celebrity I am more sad than angry , :(

OK ,

Last post on this from me and I give up . Sadly the Celebrity website remains a no-go area for us - no reservations showing despite our 3 cabin payments and no enjoyment for us in pre-planning , adding to the cruise with extras like Specialty Dining , shore excursions etc. Despite the lack of interest in fixing this from Celebrity I am more sad than angry , :(

Hammo, that's how I left things too, feeling more sad than angry that a company could just seemingly turn a blind eye to the numerous website issues and overall poor first image it portrays considering it is their key client facing sales tool.

Maybe we should start a petition or letter of concern that can be published here and also mailed to Michael Bailey and other key management (?? Not sure exactly who these are) with a list of names representing a concerned cruise critic community?.

Sure It would only reflect a small % of thier client base, but being that they are very aware of these forums one would think it would carry some weight.

I don't know,maybe the idea is lame but just thinking along the lines that united we would have a much louder voice than as individual complaints.

I'm not sure we would have to itemise concerns, there are many some minor some major but all over makes an extremely frustrating and less than stellar experience.

What do we want out of it? Acknowledgement that the issues exist, they are having a considerable impact to their client base and that they are committed to resolution In a timely manner. As and outcome so that we, the customer, can use their website without issue and frustration and limited to no support when issues are raised?

And would a free 14 night cruise in a suite be too much to ask for each Name that is included on the letter lol?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

I keep getting e-mails from Celebrity reminding me to book shore excursions for our June 2015 Baltic cruise. How can I do that when I can't even access my reservation? Doesn't anyone there realize they are losing money because of this. I will look elsewhere for my excursion needs.

Ok, add us to the crowd that has issues with the X web site. In our case, our reservation does show when we log onto on Celebrity Account. But any attempt to retrieve this reservation, access the online check-in, of do anything else keeps getting an error message that the system cannot access our reservation at this time. Unfortunately, "at this time" has been several weeks. But fear not fellow CC ers. We expect X will fix this problem sometime in the next few months (we hope). We assume that all their competent computer folks are away cruising :).

Hank

I had the same issue for a couple of months: "The system cannot access your reservation at this time." I called website help and was told it would be fixed in 24 hours. I called again a week later and they said there was no record of my first call. However, they agreed to escalate the issue. It finally took a week for the problem to be resolved.

I gather from my experience and those of others that Celebrity chooses to solve the problems on a case by case basis rather than fixing the programming errors in their system. I also suspect that it is not a website problem, per se, but rather a reservation system problem.

I have two upcoming cruises, same ship, same duration - both paid in full

09 NOV Transatlantic - no issues accessing booking

23 NOV Caribbean - unable to access whatsoever

The fact I live in Australia clearly makes no difference as I can view the first booking and not the second.

Last week Celebrity assured me the problem would be fixed this week, so Hammo we have a maximum of two days left to wait (assuming the Celebrity Rep was telling the truth)

I wonder if the Celebrity Staff who monitor this website care to comment ?

I've had the "The system cannot access your reservation at this time" message for a good two weeks now. Finally today I decided it wasn't just a fluke and that this really needed to be addressed so I can move ahead with my plans.

So I went to the link that says "Contact Us", chose "e-mail", and filled out the big honking form. Told them what the problem was. Clicked "Submit".

And got "This page no longer exists".

What the heck, guys. What century is this?:mad:

I posted this in its own thread but thought I'd add it to a few of the threads already on topic regarding concerns of Celebritys website.

No I'm not doing the survey - Celebrity have just pushed out a survey on their website, well about their website!! One could hope its a reflection of the recent increase in noise over issues and frustrations felt with their site from many on here, let alone others outside of Cruise Critic also.

For anyone that has experience the 'glitches' over on the Celebrity Web Site, they are currently running a survey to get an idea of how good or bad you think their site is. Please pop over and complete the survey if you can - the more than do it the more they will be aware of the impact of some of their issues - sure some are minor or cosmetic, but others like unable to access bookings or lost details are considerable. its only short so will take less than 5 mins or your time.

It should pop up immediately, if not click around the site and the survey window should pop up at some point to ask you to complete. Be nice :-)

I posted this in its own thread but thought I'd add it to a few of the threads already on topic regarding concerns of Celebritys website.

No I'm not doing the survey - Celebrity have just pushed out a survey on their website, well about their website!! One could hope its a reflection of the recent increase in noise over issues and frustrations felt with their site from many on here, let alone others outside of Cruise Critic also.

For anyone that has experience the 'glitches' over on the Celebrity Web Site, they are currently running a survey to get an idea of how good or bad you think their site is. Please pop over and complete the survey if you can - the more than do it the more they will be aware of the impact of some of their issues - sure some are minor or cosmetic, but others like unable to access bookings or lost details are considerable. its only short so will take less than 5 mins or your time.

It should pop up immediately, if not click around the site and the survey window should pop up at some point to ask you to complete. Be nice :-)

QE2Fan-- I tried clicking all over the site and even logging into CC but no pop up ever came -- must be popping up based on certain criteria not for all visitors

After first not being able to view my reservation and then later the site saying I had no reservation at all I have sent an email to Michael Bayley voicing my unhappiness with the web site. I got a standard " we received your message" but don't hold out much hope for any real response. As someone else "said all this mess just makes me sad." The IT problem has been going on for too long. I have loved my 3 Celebrity cruises more than the all the 8 other cruises we have taken but this fiasco is just ruining X for me. I'm so disappointed.

I have two upcoming cruises, same ship, same duration - both paid in full

09 NOV Transatlantic - no issues accessing booking

23 NOV Caribbean - unable to access whatsoever

The fact I live in Australia clearly makes no difference as I can view the first booking and not the second.

Last week Celebrity assured me the problem would be fixed this week, so Hammo we have a maximum of two days left to wait (assuming the Celebrity Rep was telling the truth)

I wonder if the Celebrity Staff who monitor this website care to comment ?

Hey Matt

I wasnt going to post again , but I cant help it. One Day To Go till its fixed !!! Yeah Sure .:rolleyes:

Am so excited, after three months and many postings and emails could actually add my (paid) booking to my Celebrity today. Maybe my posts on the Facebook wall helped - because emails to the CEO or Captains Club did not !

Suffice to say I am chuffed - hope my similar shipmates are no longer in the same boat

Now I finally feel I am going somewhere

Finally was able to add my reservation tonight !!

Now I feel as If I am about to take a cruise.....

And I credit Host Andy for getting it fixed

(months of emails to Celebrity got nowhere - even to My Bayley)

See you on board !!

Edited by downundermatt
Forgot something

Hey Tom ,

Yes I have tried both the US site and the Aussie site with the same result . Sadly . I really do miss not being able to access the reservation .

I'm experiencing the same problem with a November Reflection booking, but think I understand where the problem might originate. Our travel agency is one that offers very good "extras" for the "first 500 guests that book". Hopefully you know the agency I am referring to.

When I contacted Celebrity to ask why I could not access (or add) my reservation on the Celebrity website, the agent responded that we were in a "group" booking and did not have an individual reservation. Therefore, they were not able to access our booking. I was transferred to the Celebrity "group desk" but they were still not able to isolate my reservation so that I was able to view it, or make tour or dinner reservations on the Celebrity website. Quite honestly, this is a bigger issue for Celebrity than I think they realize, as many customers may pass on tours (or book tours with local operators), spa bookings and specialty dinners reservations if they are not able to book ahead for their desired date and time.

I do not understand why RCL websites (RCL, Celebrity and Azamara) lag so far behind other cruise lines. And, considering the websites offered by airlines and hotels, they are still back in the '90's.

Mr. Fain, hope you are listening, this is affecting your bottom line!!!

Hey Eddies Girl - are you still able to access your reservation . I can see mine now but cannot do anything with it . I get this -

"The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.":(:(:(:(