Royal Princess Sail-Away M&G Location

TwoCruisers

Here’s a question for those who have sailed on the Royal Princess.

I am going to set up a sail-away M&G for my Roll Call and since I haven’t been on the Royal before I’m not sure of the best location.

It looks like there are two bar areas that could be suitable for this M&G.

The Outrigger Bar, Lido Deck 16 aft.

OR

The SeaView Bar, Lido Deck 16 Mid port side.

Is one of these locations best or is there even a better location than one of these bar areas?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gordon

Here’s a question for those who have sailed on the Royal Princess.

I am going to set up a sail-away M&G for my Roll Call and since I haven’t been on the Royal before I’m not sure of the best location.

It looks like there are two bar areas that could be suitable for this M&G.

The Outrigger Bar, Lido Deck 16 aft.

OR

The SeaView Bar, Lido Deck 16 Mid port side.

Is one of these locations best or is there even a better location than one of these bar areas?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gordon

When you contact the Princess rep for your ship they will assign you a room for your M & G. I've always taken whatever room they assigned and never asked for a specific room so it will be interested to find out if you are able to request what room that you want. They usually have certain room that they use for group events. Keep us posted as to what happens.

Tom:)

When you contact the Princess rep for your ship they will assign you a room for your M & G. I've always taken whatever room they assigned and never asked for a specific room so it will be interested to find out if you are able to request what room that you want. They usually have certain room that they use for group events. Keep us posted as to what happens.

Normally when you ask Princess for a location for a M&G, it's ususally a day or two into the cruise - in one of the lounges, we've been to roll call sailaway get-togethers - on one of the deck bar areas so we can watch the ship "sail away", usually on the roll call before leaving we pick out the place and decide to wear something like mardi gras beads so we can find each other. Mike in CT

For sailaway its an informal get together, not a regular M&G. Have to set up your own location.

"Loonbeam,

We're looking at the Outrigger but Princess will assign a location if you go through them to block an area (you can request but no guarantee) "

Princess does not set up a place for sailaway.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I have never heard of Princess setting aside a bar for a "sail a way" but many roll calls do establish a location to meet for a M&G at sail a way....as always some of these events are attended better than others. To obtain a dedicated location for a M&G during the cruise then you need to get a of the Group Services Co-ordinator for the ship....I am sure that someone will be along with the contact name for the Royal.

For sailaway its an informal get together, not a regular M&G. Have to set up your own location.

"Loonbeam,

We're looking at the Outrigger but Princess will assign a location if you go through them to block an area (you can request but no guarantee) "

Princess does not set up a place for sailaway.

I say Outrigger.

Colo Cruiser & MandD, thanks for the choice of the Outrigger. I was leaning that way from what I could see on the deck plans.

I was not looking for a Princess assignment. This is for the very informal M&G get together at sail-away.

That being said, does anyone know who the Princess Representative is for the Royal? I will also be setting up the M&G where Princess does set aside an area for us.

Thanks,

Gordon

Just returned from the Aug 19-30 Scandinavia/Russia cruise on the Royal Princess. I organized two Meet & Greet sessions (embarkation afternoon and first sea day, afternoon) through Stacey Anderson, as Pam noted, and we requested and were assigned the Horizon Terrace, port side, behind the Horizon Court. They had the area blocked off for us. A bar steward was assigned to take drink orders. We had over 40 people who attended and there was space for lots more. Our only mild disappointment was that none of the ship's officers and staff could attend either session, but we had a great group of people who we saw often throughout the cruise.

Just returned from the Aug 19-30 Scandinavia/Russia cruise on the Royal Princess. I organized two Meet & Greet sessions (embarkation afternoon and first sea day, afternoon) through Stacey Anderson, as Pam noted, and we requested and were assigned the Horizon Terrace, port side, behind the Horizon Court. They had the area blocked off for us. A bar steward was assigned to take drink orders. We had over 40 people who attended and there was space for lots more. Our only mild disappointment was that none of the ship's officers and staff could attend either session, but we had a great group of people who we saw often throughout the cruise.

What time was your meet?

Over the years it has been a point made by a few Cruise Directors that its best to have the M&G sometime between 10:00am and Noon as it would be less of a conflict with staff's daily business so that officers could show up.

What time was your meet?

Over the years it has been a point made by a few Cruise Directors that its best to have the M&G sometime between 10:00am and Noon as it would be less of a conflict with staff's daily business so that officers could show up.

I agree, we have had good success with a 10:30 meet and greet the first sea day, when it comes to senior staff being able to attend.

What time was your meet?

Our first M&G was 3:00-4:30 pm (muster drill was 5:00 pm) and the second one was 3:00-4:00 pm. These times were the best for our group, and Stacey Anderson told us that the times were ok for inviting ship personnel.

FYI...I was on the Grand last December for a holiday cruise to Hawaii and organized a M & G in the morning and when no invited officers attended I was told by the CD Sammy Baker that the morning on the first sea day was bad as there are usually mandatory officer meetings. My last M & G in May on the Star at 1 pm in the afternoon had officers present. I suppose it depends on who you talk to.

I'm doing a M & G on the Island, again at 1 pm on a Panama Canal Cruise so we'll see what happens.