Breeze vs Sunshine

DKNE

Planning a Jan cruise with the kids, really leaning towards the Breeze, but for $239 more you get the Sunshine with an extra island and extra day.

Haven't sailed Carnival since 1995 (Festival ~ super old and it was on it was out), but have been noticing some really big improvements on the Carnival with their new ships.

Itineraries are completely different.

Breeze - Ocho Rios Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico with 2 sea days. (never been to any of these ports)

Sunshine - Turks and Caicos, St Martin, St Thomas and Puerto Rico. (been to all ports but the Turks)

Comments on which would be a better cruise. Kids are 9 & 11 and this will be their second cruise and are already comparing it to the Disney Dream !!! So we need to insure that it pleases them as much as us. Ship wise, I believe they both have a ton to offer for everyone. But really for us, the itinerary is really between going to the Turks or going to the Caymans. Never been to either, which is the higher preference.

Thanks for any suggestions. Can't wait to cruise again, it will be a long 3 years since our last cruise. :p

IMO Sunshine wins for ports. The Breeze going to Jamaica, we don't leave the ship; GC, nice island but tendering is a huge pain.

I booked the Breeze for our next trip (3 new ports); but the Sunshine looks amazing.

Do you want to cruise for the ports or the ship?

It does seem though that GT is often missed due to winds to don't save a must do excursion for GT!

Play down comparing to Disney. There isn't a comparison!

Planning a Jan cruise with the kids, really leaning towards the Breeze, but for $239 more you get the Sunshine with an extra island and extra day.

Haven't sailed Carnival since 1995 (Festival ~ super old and it was on it was out), but have been noticing some really big improvements on the Carnival with their new ships.

Itineraries are completely different.

Breeze - Ocho Rios Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico with 2 sea days. (never been to any of these ports)

Sunshine - Turks and Caicos, St Martin, St Thomas and Puerto Rico. (been to all ports but the Turks)

Comments on which would be a better cruise. Kids are 9 & 11 and this will be their second cruise and are already comparing it to the Disney Dream !!! So we need to insure that it pleases them as much as us. Ship wise, I believe they both have a ton to offer for everyone. But really for us, the itinerary is really between going to the Turks or going to the Caymans. Never been to either, which is the higher preference.

Thanks for any suggestions. Can't wait to cruise again, it will be a long 3 years since our last cruise. :p

edited to say that not st martin, sunshine goes to, it is Bahamas :)

Looks like a 50-50 split with you guys ! lol

I did see today that the Breeze is bigger then the Sunshine. Reading reviews too, Breeze seems to have more of an edge.........

But your all right, no matter what, we will be cruising and we will have a blast !!

I simply can't wait. 3 long years ! LoL

I haven't sailed either of these ships, but my family went from our first cruise on a Disney ship to the 2nd on a Carnival ship. I have to second the urge to try not to compare the two. Disney and Carnival are 2 very different lines. We spent the whole first Carnival trip comparing it to Disney the year before and wound up not enjoying the ship as much as we should have. Disney does some things very well, and so does Carnival, but comparing the 2 found us focusing on any negatives on Carnival. Clearly we overcame this since we have sailed Carnival many times since, but that first trip wasn't nearly the trip it should have been.

Nodaybuttoday - 'we' as in parents aren't comparing. I've been on 6 cruises and all are uniquely different. Its the kids that keep asking if it will be like the Disney one, as that is all they know. They were only 6 & * at the time. We've showed them youtube videos and lots of pictures so they will see different things. They are kids....once they get on the Breeze, they will have tons of fun. They are just excited because it will be their second cruise :)

Been on both, and have recently returned from the Sunshine. The Sunshine has some glitches and issues that need to be resolved, but was a great ship. We booked her for next year, which was mainly due to dates, location, pricing, and itinerary which all in our group needed to work out to make this happen next year. If the decision was mine alone, I would choose the Breeze.

Just sailed Breeze and it's the first Carnival ship we've Loved. The water park, ropes course, 4d action/moving theatre, outdoor movie theatre with popcorn and blankets, the enormous video arcade, the Dr. Seuss character brunch, the cereal crusted French toast, the Cove balconies, the sweet shop, the Serenity Deck for adults, the outdoor pool table, and oh so much mor. And we didn't even take our kids our his time!!!!!!!!

Can't say enough good things about the ship and staff and food!!!!!