! Getaway hitting Nassau at 10 am come October!

DrNora

Check your e mail , Getaway reservation holders!

Our whining may have paid off! More likely, it had nothing to do with complaints, but let's pretend

Itinerary time change...

From next April til October, , Getaway will arrive in Nassau at 10:00am and depart at 6:00pm.

Much better than 12- 7,' IMHO.

I out the wrong month in my title- sorry!

We got an email,regarding an important change to,our itinerary- scared me for a bit.

There had been a lot of talk and at least 4 visits by Mr Sheehan ( he was on our trip) and many complaints about arriving,in Nassau at noon on Getaway. Several, individual cruises have had their times altered, but most of us arrived at noon. I have no idea if a any of this sunk in , but the schedule has changed.

The important email,states that cruises April-October on Getaway in

2015 will be in Nassau 10am- 6pm.

I apologize for the typos

I am on an ipad with a sliced finger!

Wow. This is great information. Thanks for sharing.

Do you think this should be posted somewhere so that people on the Getaway are aware of the change???

It seem like we should do something to make sure that the people sailing on Getaway know about this change!

Has anyone changed the website information so that future Getaway cruisers are aware?

How'd you do that? Emails of complaint? I would rather be in PC from 10-10 on the Breakaway when we go in Nov. Noon arrival stinks! I wanna hit Disney but the limited hours make it almost worthless.

I agree with you 110%- I'd rather have more time in PC to try Disney as I have never been there. I realize it might not be possible due to routing but I would feel more comfortable doing a disney excursion

And my letter is different:

I am having difficulty pasting it here and cannot cut off my address- but here is the text

Dear Valued Guests & Travel Partners, :

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Getaway's 7-Day Eastern Caribbean sailings

from Miami, Florida

from April 25, 2015 to October 31, 2015. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this

change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

The arrival and departure times for our call to Nassau, Bahamas have changed. Norwegian Getaway will now arrive in Nassau

at 10 am instead of noon and depart at 6 pm instead of 7 pm. Please review the revised itinerary information below.

Original Arrive Depart

Sat Miami, Florida 4:00 pm

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue St.Thomas, United States Virgin Islands 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Wed Tortola, British Virgin Islands 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri Nassau, Bahamas Noon 7:00 pm

Sat Miami, Florida 8:00 am

Revised Arrive Depart

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri Nassau, Bahamas 10:00 am 6:00 pm

If you pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for Nassau, tour departure times will be adjusted

accordingly. For a list of shore excursions in Nassau, please visit our website at http://www.ncl.com/excursions or contact our

shore excursion desk at 1-866-625-1167.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday

from 8am to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm ET). We look forward to welcoming you aboard

Norwegian Getaway.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Passenger Services

I wonder why there are different versions.....

Edited by DrNora

And my letter is different:

I am having difficulty pasting it here and cannot cut off my address- but here is the text

Dear Valued Guests & Travel Partners, :

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Getaway's 7-Day Eastern Caribbean sailings

from Miami, Florida

from April 25, 2015 to October 31, 2015. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this

change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

The arrival and departure times for our call to Nassau, Bahamas have changed. Norwegian Getaway will now arrive in Nassau

at 10 am instead of noon and depart at 6 pm instead of 7 pm. Please review the revised itinerary information below.

Original Arrive Depart

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri Nassau, Bahamas Noon 7:00 pm

Revised Arrive Depart

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri Nassau, Bahamas 10:00 am 6:00 pm

If you pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for Nassau, tour departure times will be adjusted

accordingly. For a list of shore excursions in Nassau, please visit our website at http://www.ncl.com/excursions or contact our

shore excursion desk at 1-866-625-1167.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday

from 8am to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm ET). We look forward to welcoming you aboard

Norwegian Getaway.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Passenger Services

I wonder why there are different versions.....

I think the letters are based on the itinerary. Notice Tortola is not on the itinerary until April and ST Marten leaves it. So seems like a permanent change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I beleive that these two letters encompass the times between when Getaway stops going to St Maartan and when she starts going to Tortola. I am in the Tortola group, so I received the April , 2015 letter.

The others are in the St Maartan group, and are traveling earlier, so received the letter that applies to their itinerary.

THEREFORE, I beleive that we can safely say that all the trips to Nassau from now until October, 2015 a 10am-6pm time slot.

YIPEE!!!

I think the letters are based on the itinerary. Notice Tortola is not on the itinerary until April and ST Marten leaves it. So seems like a permanent change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You beat me to it!

I received this email too. The ship leaves St Thomas at the same time 4pm. So if you thought the ship was going fast to make it to Nassau by noon just wait until then ;)

I also wonder why the change happened. I don't get off in Nassau anymore but once on Epic we arrived late and we did not even get off the ship until 1:30pm and got to our excursion until 2:30. Only 2 hours before we had to start going back to the ship. So those planning excursions will definitely be happy. Even with the hour early departure at 6pm you still get an extra hour in Nassau.

Now if they could only find a way to get an extra hour in St Thomas for those of us that go to St John.

I'm confused. The OP said April through October 2015, but Daghis above said Aug 2014 - April 2015. I'm going July 2015, does this apply to us or not?

Looks like maybe the change occurred in 2 steps?? First notification was for the August 2014 - through April 2015 sailings then they extended it to include April 2015 through October 2015 sailings??

But even if that is what happened - we have received nothing from NCL regarding a change to our 2/7/15 sailing and the itinerary on NCL.com still shows a noon arrival in Nassau.

So....I'm confused too! 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by happy cruzin