Celebrity's IT Department Poll

kcvillager

What do you think of X's IT Department?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of X's IT Department?

• Fire them all.
    • Get rid of the person in charge.
    • Hire a new contractor.
    • They will work through their problems.
    • They are not that bad.
    • Top It Dept. in the industry.

Oh, I can see all my reservations, but it is when you try to do anything with them: shore excursions, specialty dining, making Select reservations, etc., etc. that people are having problems. If you aren't, I would email Celebrity and tell them to clone your account for the thousands that are having problems. :) Same problems on both Azamara and RCL, too.
Well, I don't know what to tell you. The poster said they can't see all their booked cruises, I can see all three of mine. Also, I just booked a shore excursion and got this confirmation:

Your payment of $49.75 has been charged to the credit card ********

We have received your order and it is currently being processed. You will also receive a confirmation email with details of your order.

And here is the email, I just received, so I don't know what to tell you why I can do it and some can't:

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 1:09 PM

From: "Celebrity Cruises - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL" CelebrityCruises@celebrity.com

Dear Guest, Day 5 21-Jan-2015 St. George's, Grenada Tour: GD39 - Seven Sisters Fall Hike Reservation Time: 2015-01-21 09:00 AM Total Cost *: 49.75 USD Guaranteed Language: English Payment(s) for Guest(s) in Reservation Number: XXXXXXX Guest Name Price* Payment Info xxxxxxxxxxx 49.75 USD VA ********

Thank you for the recent reservation(s) made for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation.

If you like, I'd be more than happy to forward the email (sans personal information) to you as proof.

I was also wondering if it could possibly be operating systems on their computers as well, out of date browers or if they don't allow pop ups for the site. There are so many things that can cause some of these issues. Sometimes, just one setting in internet set up can do it. I have been watching too about the areas to see if there is a pattern as well.
I don't know what it is, but as you can see from my pervious post, I just made a shore excursion, when some are saying they can't, and it went through and I got an email confirmation of the transaction. I really don't know anything about computers, just know what I can see and do on mine.

I do think, from many who have complained, that there are a lot more complaints about issues from those in the Australia, Canada, UK and other areas in Europe.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. The poster said they can't see all their booked cruises, I can see all three of mine. Also, I just booked a shore excursion and got this confirmation:

Your payment of $49.75 has been charged to the credit card ********

We have received your order and it is currently being processed. You will also receive a confirmation email with details of your order.

And here is the email, I just received, so I don't know what to tell you why I can do it and some can't:

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 1:09 PM

From: "Celebrity Cruises - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL" CelebrityCruises@celebrity.com

Dear Guest, Day 5 21-Jan-2015 St. George's, Grenada Tour: GD39 - Seven Sisters Fall Hike Reservation Time: 2015-01-21 09:00 AM Total Cost *: 49.75 USD Guaranteed Language: English Payment(s) for Guest(s) in Reservation Number: XXXXXXX Guest Name Price* Payment Info xxxxxxxxxxx 49.75 USD VA ********

Thank you for the recent reservation(s) made for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation.

If you like, I'd be more than happy to forward the email (sans personal information) to you as proof.

Good heavens!

I am not questioning you. I guess you obviously missed my :) or maybe your browser isn't graphics friendly.

The reason that you are not having a problem and thousand are is that the system is totally unable to effectively handle the back end. One email vs. scads of problems proves absolutely nothing. This has been my business for nearly 20 years, so I might have a modicum of experience with it. We've had several other posts from people in the industry who agree completely that it is a mess. Oh, and there is the fact that 5% of the poll are sailing "no problem" while 90% say "problem." 5% are optimistic.

Good heavens!

I am not questioning you. I guess you obviously missed my :) or maybe your browser isn't graphics friendly.

The reason that you are not having a problem and thousand are is that the system is totally unable to effectively handle the back end. One email vs. scads of problems proves absolutely nothing. This has been my business for nearly 20 years, so I might have a modicum of experience with it. We've had several other posts from people in the industry who agree completely that it is a mess. Oh, and there is the fact that 5% of the poll are sailing "no problem" while 90% say "problem." 5% are optimistic.

You said: but it is when you try to do anything with them: shore excursions, specialty dining, making Select reservations, etc., etc. that people are having problems. I just showed that I was able to book a shore excursion.:) It took a couple of minutes and went through immediately. I'm not saying people aren't having problems, just that I'm not and never have:), except for one time I couldn't pull up the website. There has to be something to the fact that some can see and do everything on the site and others can't. :eek: Edited by NLH Arizona

What do you think of the IT Department at X?

I get that any company can have problems with their IT infrastructure. I don't expect it to be perfect all the time. If I saw an occasional typo or a hyperlink that didn't take you where it was supposed to or wasn't working on a particular day.... i understand that "minor" glitches can occur.

HOWEVER....... the problems that I have read about on here (or have witnessed through others) are so far beyond being called "minor". Honestly, I cannot imagine how something this terrible has gone on for years and without much change or an acknowledgement that more solutions are on the way. In fact, I have to wonder.... are there any solutions on the way???

I doubt the "official" voice for Celebrity will bother to respond to anything on here.

EDIT: After making my comment, I came across this.

We do.

Really??? Could you be any more smug?

A well formed statement as a response to acknowledge that "something is in the works" would be preferable than this kind of tacit acknowledgement in the attempt to give us the impression that you are doing something or that you even care.

Edited by vulcan1971

Good heavens!

Exactly. I have been on both sides -- thinking "what are they complaining about?" when the system was working fine for me -- until I was the one who started having problems.

The Celebrity website is very erratic.

Recently I was doing online check-in for 2 cruises.

The first one went fine, all the way through from start to end without a hitch.

Then the next one crashed part way through, and I got one of those error messages.

So if I had only done online check-in for one cruise that day, my impression of how well the system was working would have depended on when I happened to access it.

I have had similar experiences with making payments online.

Sometimes they go through flawlessly, and other times I need to call and get a live person to process the payment for me.

I much prefer to make payments online myself at my own convenience where I watch my account balance update immediately without needing to call or involve anyone else, but that is not always possible.

Same computer, same operating system, same browser -- very different experiences.

Well, after not being able to access my reservation for a couple of weeks, I logged in today and it completely disappeared. Now when I try to re-add it, I keep getting an error message…a different one than when I simply couldn't log in.

And now no reservation!

This really has gone from the ridiculous to the absurd.

Not sure what is up, but people who keep dismissing this are missing the point. This is the public face of Celebrity--and it is NOT GOOD.

Well, after not being able to access my reservation for a couple of weeks, I logged in today and it completely disappeared. Now when I try to re-add it, I keep getting an error message…a different one than when I simply couldn't log in.

And now no reservation!

This really has gone from the ridiculous to the absurd.

Not sure what is up, but people who keep dismissing this are missing the point. This is the public face of Celebrity--and it is NOT GOOD.

Maybe some of those who never have a problem with the website and think it is one of the best can help you resolve your issues. LOL

Yes, I am joking. However, I know your frustration as I have had the same experiences, too.

I posted this in its own thread but thought I'd add it to a few of the threads already on topic regarding concerns of Celebritys website.

No I'm not doing the survey - Celebrity have just pushed out a survey on their website, well about their website!! One could hope its a reflection of the recent increase in noise over issues and frustrations felt with their site from many on here, let alone others outside of Cruise Critic also.

For anyone that has experience the 'glitches' over on the Celebrity Web Site, they are currently running a survey to get an idea of how good or bad you think their site is. Please pop over and complete the survey if you can - the more than do it the more they will be aware of the impact of some of their issues - sure some are minor or cosmetic, but others like unable to access bookings or lost details are considerable. its only short so will take less than 5 mins or your time.

It should pop up immediately, if not click around the site and the survey window should pop up at some point to ask you to complete. Be nice, Be fair :-)

I think they are reading these threads. After months of not being able to do so, I have just purchased my first lot of OBC. I started trying before my first cruise in July and that's long gone so now purchased some for our second one, in 10 months time. Oh well. Its an improvement I think.

Well, after being locked out of my reservation for weeks, and then discovering yesterday that it had been completely removed, today the website will NOT allow me to complete online check in.

Don't even get an error message. Just blank pages….and nothing.

I wonder what people are doing who might be closer to their sailing date than I am. I'm not too worried as they still have a few more weeks to sort out this mess before we leave.

Seems to me that the infrastructure of the ENTIRE site is fatally flawed. Every day a new problem. Wondering if they shouldn't just start from scratch.

It's crazy.

I posted this in its own thread but thought I'd add it to a few of the threads already on topic regarding concerns of Celebritys website.

No I'm not doing the survey - Celebrity have just pushed out a survey on their website, well about their website!! One could hope its a reflection of the recent increase in noise over issues and frustrations felt with their site from many on here, let alone others outside of Cruise Critic also.

For anyone that has experience the 'glitches' over on the Celebrity Web Site, they are currently running a survey to get an idea of how good or bad you think their site is. Please pop over and complete the survey if you can - the more than do it the more they will be aware of the impact of some of their issues - sure some are minor or cosmetic, but others like unable to access bookings or lost details are considerable. its only short so will take less than 5 mins or your time.

It should pop up immediately, if not click around the site and the survey window should pop up at some point to ask you to complete. Be nice, Be fair :-)

About the survey, it popped up and before I could click on it was gone. So just another glitch in the website.